Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 08-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default [VIC] Cruise Suggestions

As talked about at the end of year dinner, there was a talk about a cruise and just wondering when you guys wanted to do it (remembering small ford sunday is 4th feb). So just wanted idea's what to do and also a date.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

A photoshoot meet could be good. (But not a tacky one with girls in bikinis....no offence NSW)

Doesn't take up a whole day, and don't necessarily have to drive a long way (have seen a great UK one in a high rise car park at night)

Just a thought
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good thought which can happen in feb and also a cruise can happen. Up to everyone keep the idea's coming. Thanks for your suggestion Steven

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 09-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
melbzetec

Alternatively, if we could find someone with one of these or similar

http://www.driftbox.com/performance_meter.html

We could meet somewhere (legal) to compare performance of our cars
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:44 AM   #5
JD2004

We could always just have a regular meet and or Gokarts aswell.. like what we did for christmas....??

Even just a routine thing would be fantastic for the club!! to keep people interested.. as small fords in Vic are sort of left out... and no one really joins in much... so if something on an on going basis can be organised it may help to get people into the groove alittle more...

Just thoughts!!

Luc
Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
Kenster

how about you guys drive up to lake enterance even thou its a 4hr drive or longer for others but it will be worth the trip and there a few hilly road to put the car to its pase
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #7
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perhaps something like a cruise down the Mornington Peninsula, or night cruise with photography and dinner at the end. Does the go karts open at night? I quite like the idea of a night time cruise and dinner
Old 11-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #8
Lagom

If you want a fun drive, try Mt Baw Baw for something new.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #9
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2004
We could always just have a regular meet and or Gokarts aswell.. like what we did for christmas....??
Luc
Fat blokes never do well at Go Karts.....something about power/weight!!!lol... that's my excuse anyway

Old 11-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #10
Kenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Perhaps something like a cruise down the Mornington Peninsula, or night cruise with photography and dinner at the end. Does the go karts open at night? I quite like the idea of a night time cruise and dinner
that sound like a good cruise thou there a go karting area right near Phillip island track and enjoy the great view there

that a good suggestion so far no one has done
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #11
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I go down to the Bellarine Peninsula once a week - through Geelong, then on to Portarlington, Ocean Grove & Barwon Heads. There are some great roads and plenty of photo spots (the boat ramps at Portarlington & Clifton Springs, the Spray Farm winery at Portarlington, 13th Beach at Barwon Heads, to name a few). I often daydream of a long row of Euro Fords posed for photos at these spots.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #12
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fled.....good choice we could do that. Sounds good.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #13
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
Fled.....good choice we could do that. Sounds good.
Yeh i'd be down with that. I just want to stay clear of the hills. I've had some bad experiences....

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #14
1lifeliveit
Focus is my middle name

I guess most of u guys wudve done this. Every now n then when I feel like a drive I go to the black spur from healesville to marysville ( although I get stuck behind a slow car everytime) and from there towards lake mountain and come back thro warburton.

Its one of the best roads Ive driven i this country. ( apart from kiama-moss vale-kangaroo valley-goulbourn in nsw and a few in tassy of course ). I am a sucker for hill roads. Mind u ive been in aus only for 3 years now. So I guess u guys wud know better. Just a suggestion.

3 door, Panther Black, Manual, 17" MP3 Alloys, SVT Airbox with K&N panel filter, SVT Snorkel, Leather Gear Knob and Steel Handbrake Cover, ST170 pedals, ST170 Lower grille, CFM UDP

Not too soon : Focus sport/Borla Exhaust, Throttle body

1lifeliveit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #15
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1lifeliveit we did that on our last cruise but I'm sure we will do it again. Thanks for the suggestion.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 10-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #16
raymon81

im up for anywhere as long as we have a barbie and theres a beach around. we can even organise abit of a cricket match at the park and enjoy the day.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post