Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Default Stolen Frosted pewter XY GT Replica

I just thought that I'd post this- Someone might have posted it some time ago when it was on Crimestoppers. Perford mag ran a special on this car that was stolen from a locked garage in Victoria.
Apparently, the car was recently completed but the family had been unable to pay their premium (hence it was locked in a locked garage) as they had to pay some hefty medical bills due to their son having a serious heart condition.

The car was to be put to work for weddings,formals, etc in order to raise some well-needed income. It had previously been used for tis purpose but users were asked to donate money to the hospital that had saved thei sons life.

A low stunt, I'm sure you'll agree, so to all of you in Vic, keep your eyes peeled for it as it has been sighted there. It used to run the plates "HAMMAR" but was last seen with different plates.

I'm sure that Mark and Bianca would be very grateful if people on this site could help them by keeping an eye out for this special car. For more info, read page 82 in Perford mag.

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 05:49 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Yeah I am sure this is a re-post, but worth it.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

I remember that being posted.... i'm afraid if it hasn't been found by now, their chances are fairly slim....
Old 01-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
Yeah I am sure this is a re-post, but worth it.

Cheers mate, as I said, I only just read it in the latest Perford mag and anyway, the car still hasn't been recovered and some ar#ehole is enjoying it.

If anyone is more competent than I, maybe they could post a picture of it (or a similar one ) as I have received a couple of PM's requesting this.

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Old 01-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishxc
I just thought that I'd post this- Someone might have posted it some time ago when it was on Crimestoppers. Perford mag ran a special on this car that was stolen from a locked garage in Victoria.
Apparently, the car was recently completed but the family had been unable to pay their premium (hence it was locked in a locked garage) as they had to pay some hefty medical bills due to their son having a serious heart condition.

The car was to be put to work for weddings,formals, etc in order to raise some well-needed income. It had previously been used for tis purpose but users were asked to donate money to the hospital that had saved thei sons life.

A low stunt, I'm sure you'll agree, so to all of you in Vic, keep your eyes peeled for it as it has been sighted there. It used to run the plates "HAMMAR" but was last seen with different plates.

I'm sure that Mark and Bianca would be very grateful if people on this site could help them by keeping an eye out for this special car. For more info, read page 82 in Perford mag.
A sad tale, and i wish them well.
However this story is getting a bit long in the tooth. To be perfectly frank you could be forgiven if you thought Harry M Miller was their publicity agent... that car gets more coverage than the Australian cricket team in England!
There are hundreds of cars stolen daily, and a lot of extremely sad tales around them too, their stories are no less or more "news" worthy, yet we dont hear about them every day, week and month on an ongoing basis.....

Old 01-09-2005, 07:14 PM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Yes if this is legit than it is a sad story but this so called vehicle has been spotted numarous time's since the theft and with the same plate's on to I might add, something doesn't add up, no crook would be dumb enough to drive around with the same plate's on it, it was spotted heading toward's Echuca and then a few week's latter back in Melb, and the person who spotted it in Melb was a friend to the owner, now why didn't they follow it, I know I sure as hell would follow the vehicle if it were one of my mate's ride's???????.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 07:51 PM   #7
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
Yes if this is legit than it is a sad story but this so called vehicle has been spotted numarous time's since the theft and with the same plate's on to I might add, something doesn't add up, no crook would be dumb enough to drive around with the same plate's on it, it was spotted heading toward's Echuca and then a few week's latter back in Melb, and the person who spotted it in Melb was a friend to the owner, now why didn't they follow it, I know I sure as hell would follow the vehicle if it were one of my mate's ride's???????.
Especially after its been on every TV show, every website and in every mag for the last 3 months..
Good point too, i've been thinking this for months, the "mystery" spottings all over the place, this car is more elusive than Elvis.. Something just doesn't add up..

Old 01-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #8
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Didn't it show up at Heathcote, with the plates and have a few runs? Considering Heathcote get your licence number off you before you race, something is up.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #9
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
Especially after its been on every TV show, every website and in every mag for the last 3 months..
Good point too, i've been thinking this for months, the "mystery" spottings all over the place, this car is more elusive than Elvis.. Something just doesn't add up..
I must be completely blind.....I have never even heard of this car until today!!

Sorry for the boring, repeated post in that case.... : It does beg the question why Perford are still running it though.

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

Quote:
Old 01-09-2005, 11:21 PM   #10
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Didn't it show up at Heathcote, with the plates and have a few runs? Considering Heathcote get your licence number off you before you race, something is up.
I didn't hear that one.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post