Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-08-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
GT595
Bluepower enhanced GT

Angry Spray painters!!!

Evening all......
Parked out the front of my unit tonight cause I was only going to run in and grab a few things get changed and then back out.....Well left it for about 15min came out and some little F#@^ers decided that the blueprint colour would look good with Purple spray paint up the drivers side door.... After doing an extremely angry run around the streets thinking about how to insert spray cans up nostrels - to my dissapointment I didnt find anyone. Returned grabbed some thinners and proceeded carefully to remove the paint - to my surprise it came off quite well - got some car wash and made sure I soaked it for ages...
As Camahl states - Why are people so unkind?????
Some emotions I am still feeling :( :jab: : :

GT595 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #2
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

People like that deserve carnivorous undies...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Not nice. Im dreading the day something happens to the Focus - its no GT, but it is my baby and I do take very good care of it. Unfortunately, too many morons around now who dont feel the same way.

Very good to hear it came off. Suggest giving the area a good going over with something like Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner - just to get rid of all the nasties as well as the thinners. Then seal 'er up with some good wax and she should look good again.
Old 31-08-2005, 11:11 PM   #4
niko
likes falcon's

thats not the best feeling to have. even if u did find them you cant legally do anything?
Old 31-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #5
GT595
Bluepower enhanced GT

[QUOTE=Very good to hear it came off. Suggest giving the area a good going over with something like Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner - just to get rid of all the nasties as well as the thinners. Then seal 'er up with some good wax and she should look good again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks will do - now that you have made me worry about the thinners :hihi: - will get some.... Its hard to get the bits in between the plastic side mirror, but in the morn I will get the tooth brush on it.....
GT595 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT595
Thanks will do - now that you have made me worry about the thinners :hihi: - will get some.... Its hard to get the bits in between the plastic side mirror, but in the morn I will get the tooth brush on it.....
Nooooo! dont use a toothbrush!

Just get some on a clean towel or something and rub it in carefully. Be pretty thorough with it and it will work. Then just wash it off and wax it. If you use a brush it might scratch the paint etc.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:42 AM   #7
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

You'd be surprised how resistant to thinners the factory paint is. After my mate used to do burnouts (legally santioned events) we used to use thinners to get the burnt rubber off his rear guards before driving home and it never damaged the paint at all. Just make sure you wash it off throughly and give it a coat of wax/polish and it should be fine.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #8
LTDHO
The one and only

Oh and for future reverence, don't use thinners.

Use a mild cutter then polish.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post