Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-12-2022, 02:48 PM   #31
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Commodore SS 'Hooning' car filmed in gender reveal destroyed on steps of Queensland parliament

They would have spent more on this spectacle than the vehicle was worth.

I'd love them to dismantle a church if it's minister was found guilty of child abuse.....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2022, 02:49 PM   #32
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Commodore SS 'Hooning' car filmed in gender reveal destroyed on steps of Queensland parliament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesper Martini View Post
Yes but we don't have Brutal farm attacks

https://opera.news/za/en/society/amp...5566b703c675a2

I have friends that have moved here and walked away from their farm unable to sell it.

let alone if the Government just wants to take your land
Some of the most horrific images I've ever seen on the net. Bodies ripped apart, gore everywhere. Glad your friends got out.
Old 07-12-2022, 02:50 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
If we assume it was a first offence, I'd agree, but we haven't been given the full story. I can't see the car being crushed on a first offence, happy to be proven wrong.

I'm trying to find what the laws are in Vic to have your car crushed, but can't seem to find a clear and concise set of rules.
Its 3 strikes, and it goes by the driver, not the car

They just take it from you, if its a ****box they crush it, if its valuable it gets resold.

The joint which had my car, they have an excavator and they just put the bucket through the roof of the car.

Then one assumes they dismantle whats left of it and sell the parts on the cars they're getting for free

Quote:
Likelihood of harm vs severity of punishment is an interesting debate.

A drunk person driving home at 4am through the back streets is probably less likely to do harm than if he/she was to drive home at 2pm on a school run through suburban roads. So argument there is the punishment should be different. You could be right, but you'll never find anyone arguing for the driver at 4am to have a lighter sentence.

Another example...speeding on an overtaking lane in whoop whoop vs speeding on a suburban road...but lets not go there...

What you describe is exactly what the magistrate gets to do when you are in front of them in court, they make those decisions on the severity of the punishments - but thats taken away from them with 'mandatory sentencing'. It completely removes a magistrates ability to take context into account.

Put it this way, Ralph Babet who is a Victorian federal senator got a diversion for an assault which means he basically pleaded guilty to it, but its dealt with outside of the criminal system and the court just asks you to make a donation or make you do some volunteer work.

But he wouldn't be eligible for that diversion if an assault had a mandatory sentence attached to it - and thus he wouldn't be eligible to be a senator for Victoria.

If I did 101 in a school zone or 161 on the highway in the overtaking lane I'd still got the same penalty, except maybe the fine because thats the only thing the magistrate has the power to vary.

There seems to be a lot of mandatory sentencing in driving offences its not so prevalent in other crimes, even violent ones.

I think the 'coward punch' death is one of the ones that carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years in prison.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 07-12-2022 at 03:04 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2022, 02:51 PM   #34
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
They would have spent more on this spectacle than the vehicle was worth.

I'd love them to dismantle a church if it's minister was found guilty of child abuse.....
Or likening it to dismantling a parliament if the members were found corrupt.

Last edited by Sprintey; 07-12-2022 at 02:56 PM.
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2022, 04:21 PM   #35
willo56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
A blue burnout for a boy? That's gold.

The bride once told me, "It's easier to be happy when you're a bogan in Australia," and there's some truth in it (she has 1000hp VF ute) - you don't get caught up in the self-hate and the deep psychological inadequacy that seem to permeate those desperate to be not seen as bogans here. There shouldn't be a cultural cringe, but there is. She is smart because she earns, gets ahead, has fun and doesn't care one bit what others think.

I can see that this is one of the best countries on earth in terms of opportunities for "normal" people.
excellent post , you are spot on
Previous :
1970 XYGT 351 Replica
1975 Falcon XBGS
1979 XD Fairmont Ghia 351
1982 XE Falcon Panelvan
1986 XF Falcon Ute
1988 EA Falcon
1995 EF Falcon
1997 Ford Explorer
2004 BA Falcon
2008 FG Falcon XR6 Turbo
2008 HSV VE Clubsport LS3
2008 Holden VE SS-V Ute
2011 FPV FG GT 335 #329
2013 Holden VF SS W310
2014 Holden VF SS-V Ute
willo56 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2022, 04:54 PM   #36
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I'm trying to find what the laws are in Vic to have your car crushed, but can't seem to find a clear and concise set of rules.

As I understand it, if other offences are involved this will have a bearing.
I was told of a case of a car being crushed for doing circle work in a residential street.
The driver had no Licence , car was unregistered, driver and passenger not wearing seatbelts they were caught on video.
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-12-2022, 05:06 PM   #37
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBSXR6 View Post
I was told of a case of a car being crushed for doing circle work in a residential street.
The driver had no Licence , car was unregistered, driver and passenger not wearing seatbelts they were caught on video.
Some things carry multiple strikes and its not just 'burnouts' that are hoon offences.

70km/h over the limit counts as two strikes for hoon laws,

Plus once you're in the system it also expands what count as hoon offences too.

So for example if me and you blow .05, its a drink driving offence for you.

For me its a drink driving offence + hoon strike

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 07-12-2022 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:06 PM   #38
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBSXR6 View Post
If anyone has a link, please post it up, cos I'm keen to read it.

I've been hearing strange stories, like if you are under a certain age, and do a certain act (like speeding by a certain amount, or do burnouts / wheel spins) then it is automatically categorised as "hooning". I find that hard to believe that your age would have bearing on the classification.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2022, 05:08 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
If anyone has a link, please post it up, cos I'm keen to read it.

I've been hearing strange stories, like if you are under a certain age, and do a certain act (like speeding by a certain amount, or do burnouts / wheel spins) then it is automatically categorised as "hooning". I find that hard to believe that your age would have bearing on the classification.
It has an effect on the magistrate though, the guy who got done for 29 over got absolutely abused and pasted by the magistrate because he was in that 18-26 year old bracket and male where they're the ones over-represented in fatalities, as in bend over no lube job.

Where as me I got done for 61 over and the magistrate basically told me to stop driving like a flog but very politely, because I'm a little bit older and fall outside the statistical ****list

This is the VIC list:

Quote:
Types of hoon driving offences

There are two types of offences. Most hoon-driving offences can result in a vehicle being impounded or immobilised for a first offence.

Other hoon offences will only be classed as hoon-driving offences if the vehicle has been involved in another hoon driving offence within the last six years.

Offences that may result in a vehicle being impounded for a single offence, are:

driving while disqualified, suspended or unlicensed
drink-driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.10 or more
breaching an alcohol interlock licence condition
speeding at 45 km or more above the speed limit
driving at 145 km/hour or more in a 110 km/hour zone
deliberately causing the vehicle to skid, smoke or make excessive noise (such as doing a burn-out)
disobeying a police direction to stop
riding a monkey bike (mini motorbike) on a road
deliberately driving across tracks when a train is coming
driving without having proper control of a vehicle
driving negligently or dangerously while being chased by the police.
having too many passengers in the vehicle (more passengers than seat belts)
participating in a speed race, or organising one
intentionally or recklessly exposing emergency workers or custody officers to risk by driving intentionally or recklessly driving into and damaging an emergency services vehicle (such as a police car or ambulance)

Offences that are only hoon offences if this is your second hoon driving offence in the last six years include:

Driving with an illicit drug in your saliva or blood
Drink driving with a BAC of less than 0.10
Drink driving on a zero BAC licence (such as P-platers or taxi drivers) if BAC is more than zero and less than 0.10.
Deliberately damaging an emergency services vehicle, such as a police vehicle or ambulance.
https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/hoon...nd-impoundment

The 'too many passengers' one is going to effect anyone on P1 licence in VIC as they have passenger restrictions based on age.

There's also some other nasties in the legislation in VIC:

Quote:
If a person is found guilty of three hoon-related offences inside three years, their vehicle can be permanently forfeited by the court. Upon such a court order being granted, these vehicles can then be disposed of in a manner determined by the Chief Commissioner of Police. If the forfeited vehicle is sold by the State of Victoria, the proceeds from the sale will be retained by the State of Victoria. Alternatively, the vehicle may be crushed or otherwise disposed of by police.

In addition to the seizure or forfeiture of the vehicle, if found guilty of a hoon driving offence, the courts can impose a fine of up to 240 penalty units (in excess of $28,000) and/or a period of imprisonment of up to two years. The driver will also incur any demerit points and/or license loss penalties applying to the underlying offence.
https://www.police.vic.gov.au/hoon-laws

So ****boxes = crushed
Non ****boxes = sold by the government

No mandatory penalty, but magistrate has the power to dish it out should they feel so and thats where you lawyer up and pay for the experienced one who knows which magistrates get their knickers in a knot over driving offences and if you draw the short straw try push it out to get a different magistrate

Even then the punishments on the table are pretty severe for these offences, I'm pretty sure Adrian Bailey raped 10+ women (thats only the ones that made it to court) and it was only his rape + murder that got him put away for a long time, his first three rapes (on children) only got him 3 years and we've got legislation telling us that they can fine you over $28,000 AND put you in prison for 2 years cause you ripped skids one too many times.

To me the priorities seem a bit strange with that, its politically motivated because its popular with the public with the whole 'speed kills' mantra and they've successfully demonised a group of people and given them a label 'hoon'. Lets make them all wear Chevrolet badges on a uniform so we can further identify them for use later

Mind you gay men convicted of gay sex only had their criminal records expunged in 2014 here, so we've got history of petty behavior targeting minority groups who through various eras in history were determined by our society as 'fair game'.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 07-12-2022 at 05:38 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 08-12-2022, 06:19 PM   #40
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have never been comfortable with Governments destroying private property.
More danger on the roads from inept econobox drivers than hoons.
Old 08-12-2022, 07:59 PM   #41
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
It was a Commodore. The worlds a better place.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:01 PM   #42
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Destroying a car is not the way to punish.
If he is a dip ****, or a reoffending type dip ****, he can always just get another car, seems pointless.
Im sure some of them there had fun doing it too but its a bit grubby I reckon
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2022, 08:06 PM   #43
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Destroying a car is not the way to punish.
If he is a dip ****, or a reoffending type dip ****, he can always just get another car, seems pointless.
Im sure some of them there had fun doing it too but its a bit grubby I reckon
Probably 100+ of the cars they had at the impound yard that had my car, were this sort of job - it was chock full of various impounded cars, easily 100+ in the yard in the weather.

Was speaking to the owner of the yard, he goes people buy a ****box for $500 with rego, get caught by the police, it gets impounded then you just leave it there and rinse/repeat.

They had my ****box and probably 10 others in the shed with it for the 30 days, even put the battery on charge and everything for my $1255
Old 09-12-2022, 02:51 PM   #44
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Probably 100+ of the cars they had at the impound yard that had my car, were this sort of job - it was chock full of various impounded cars, easily 100+ in the yard in the weather.

Was speaking to the owner of the yard, he goes people buy a ****box for $500 with rego, get caught by the police, it gets impounded then you just leave it there and rinse/repeat.

They had my ****box and probably 10 others in the shed with it for the 30 days, even put the battery on charge and everything for my $1255
I was going to say the same thing. The habitual skid guys just buy cheap sheetboxes so if it does get impounded or crushed, so what. No loss.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2022, 03:23 PM   #45
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I was going to say the same thing. The habitual skid guys just buy cheap sheetboxes so if it does get impounded or crushed, so what. No loss.
Yeah “Skidguys” need something to fix their attitude

Last edited by Fordman1; 09-12-2022 at 03:30 PM.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2022, 04:31 PM   #46
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
What next ! I said to others, what about people who have houses left sitting with no one in them ? I see such everywhere, some good people are homeless and can not get a home nowadays.

So I just said why don't the Government just put a bulldozer through such Houses ?

Well some dope kid can just steal a car and cut loose ! now where is the issue ? their is no issue to destroy the car, because the brat kid stole the car ! and gets let off in fact. not even a good kick in the Tail ! to stop them as a wake up call.

Destroying property is for dingbats ! Nazi type idiots.

I have a lot of morons around here who get about with no muffler on at all and backfiring cars that are setup to backfire all the time, even automatics as they change up gears, so as it takes off and just as it goes into 2ed you get bab bab bap then 3rd same 4th 5th 6th and their is a BMW that does this and I can hear it at night from miles away and when he backs off it's bap bap ba ba ba bap babababa bap and then back through the gears again and repeat repeat ! I feel like am going to punch that idiot maybe and another bloke on a new road bike with no muffler that was that loud it was unbelievable I was about 12ft from him as he took off flat out.

If I was a Cop I would punch such a one directly in the face before saying a word. That would drive home the message of being such a smart ****. something has to be done to wake such morons up, it sure worked wonders in the days gone past.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post