Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #91
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Default Re: Rum Drinkers

New bottle shape for Bundy Rum????

Picture shows the new label, but the really interesting part is the new bottle shape, that could possibly replace the old shape that Bundy has been using since the dawn of time.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #92
philfixit

Don't mind mine with a little Orange Juice (fresh, not Post Mix).
philfixit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #93
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

In today's Courier Mail

Sorry about the size
Old 07-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #94
stalker
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

picked up a bottle while in ballarat visiting mates/ford discovery center..

bundy red with geelong cats logo on it and the first team printed on the inside label, kinda different. was told its because bundy red is going to sponsor the cats now...
XF ute 4.0ltr injected out of an ed with girl cam and 5speed, and an xd front end for good measure
stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #95
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

What number did you get stalker, I've got 950 and 954 in the Cats bottle. The bottles themselves have been around for sometime now, just need the Broncos and Cowboys bottles to make a complete set.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #96
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

My boss is a rather large collector of bundy rum (has one of the largest collections in australia). After having look at his collection and seeing some rather special bottles that most collectors will never see, i showed interest in getting my own collection and he happily started my collection with a bottle that wasnt quite right for his collection (was stained due to leakage in transport and ge had mulitples of it)
I forgot to ask him where you find out what number it is?

I happy to start collecting as i know i'll never drink them- because i dont drink
Old 07-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #97
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

That Watermark is 47141 of 75000 I think. Not the best tasting Bundy ever, but there is never a bad bottle to start your collection
Old 07-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #98
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

That ok i dont drink (maybe one can of bundy a month) so i wont know the difference
Old 08-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #99
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY
New bottle shape for Bundy Rum????

Picture shows the new label, but the really interesting part is the new bottle shape, that could possibly replace the old shape that Bundy has been using since the dawn of time.
fairly sure they are keeping this bottle shape just for 100 Proof Rum.

and they'll still have the same ol` bottle for the normal stuff.
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #100
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I love this, but for $2000 I'd hate to open it, but more than that I hate to have it and not drink it.

1000 bottles worldwide, only 200 for public release, only 11 in Australia
Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #101
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

#232 – Bundaberg Rum

Quote:
You will often hear the bogan speaking of the “Aussie spirit”, a term the bogan uses to fence in the broad traits of Australians that are also shared by countless other peoples around the world. If a bogan’s car runs out of petrol 3km from the nearest petrol station, it is the Aussie spirit that propels the bogan’s feet up the long and lonesome suburban road, when people of any other nationality would have surely perished somewhere between the McDonald’s and the Woolworths along the way. But to get to the true heart of the Aussie spirit, we must look elsewhere.

First made in central Queensland in 1888, Bundaberg Rum is the only domestically produced spirit recognised by the bogan. The bogan’s grandfather’s sexual and pugilistic conquests were fuelled by Bundaberg’s eponymous liquor, as were the bogan’s father’s, and now it is the turn of the modern bogan to do much the same. The mix of sugar cane and sugar allows the bogan to energise and intoxicate itself to maxtreme heights. Indeed, the world is so much better to the bogan when it has a belly full of Bundy, that the bogan will fight against anything that isn’t Bundy. These things include, but are not limited to, street signs, bouncers, windows, modesty, logic, and other people who are also drinking Bundy. Moreover, when the makers of Bundy Rum realised the energy requirements of its drinkers, they began manufacturing their own cola to add to their own rum, in a specially formulated bogan-fuelling concoction that is universally known as bundy and coke. The bogan cannot conceive of a situation where it would now drink bundy without the added energy of bundy coke.

In addition to sponsoring bogan-approved things as the Wallabies, the Waratahs (aka the ‘Tahs for all those north of the Murray) and of course a five-year deal to be the ‘Official Spirit of the NRL’, the Bundaberg Distilling Company uses a digitally animated, human-sized polar bear to induce the bogan to drunk rum. The Bundy Bear is depicted as being on-site at all crucial moments of the bogan’s life, providing advice or assistance to enable the bogan to be acutely bogan. These crucial moments include buying rum, and observing other bogans attempting to get laid. As the first polar bear to have spent sufficient time around bogans to acquire a drawling Australian accent, the bear has been informally elevated by bogans to national emblem status, frequently adorning boganic residences and/or vehicles.

But there’s more, because Bundaberg Distilling Company really understands the bogan. Ten times in the past 15 years, the bogan has been presented with a golden opportunity. No, it’s not the chance to get 483 months interest-free from Harvey Norman, it’s even better. Yep, as most recently happened in December 2010, “Bundaberg Black” rum was offered in LIMITED EDITION 10 year old vintage. With only 12,000 bottles available, a boganic panic reverberated around the nation. Not even the $150 price tag was enough to deter bogans from swooping – bogans began queuing at the distillery door at lunchtime on Saturday for the Monday launch – rivalling even the most dismal George Lucas and Steve Jobs tragics.

Fresh from this success, Bundaberg plans to take things even further, to even more maxesque bogan heights. Super limited edition, super premium Queensland rum is in the pipeline, which will require thousands of the bogan’s dollars. Even bogan families need heirlooms.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #102
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

The Vat 26 Black was only $100 a bottle, with the unders being sold for $150, but thingsboganslike doesn't find that as entertaining so they need to sensationalise it a little.

Also, just to right the ship, it wasn't the die-hard tragic lining up at the distillery doors days before the launch, it was European backers being paid by the day by Victorian based online liquor sellers to get the bottles number under 100 or more accurately under 10. Which they then on sold with quite a substantial mark-up.

Annnnnnyyyway, I'll be in Bundy next weekend for the Master Distillers Collection Dark Oak launch. Will be departing Saturday afternoon and looking forward to a fun filled road trip with my fellow 'bogans'. Anyone else heading to Bundy?
Old 07-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #103
MitchG

I recently got a bottle of Ron Zacapa 23 for my birthday,I'm usually a bundy drinker & i cant say i have come accross this brand before.

Still not sure weather to keep it for the collection or just drink it...

anyone tryed it & got some feedback?

MitchG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #104
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchG
I recently got a bottle of Ron Zacapa 23 for my birthday,I'm usually a bundy drinker & i cant say i have come accross this brand before.

Still not sure weather to keep it for the collection or just drink it...

anyone tryed it & got some feedback?

It's bloody lovely. It is the only rum I drink on ice. (Cubes, that is...)
Old 09-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #105
MitchG

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry 351
It's bloody lovely. It is the only rum I drink on ice. (Cubes, that is...)
Sounds good, might be worth cracking then..
I dont usually drink rum straight,i might have to make an exception for this one
MitchG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #106
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Ron Zacapa is typically a very good rum. Not the mixing sort like Barcardi, so over ice or neat is probably the way to go.

Apart from the sentimental value, the bottle isn't really a collectors piece it won't hold any substantial value in the future. Generally discontinued lines, label change (or similar), and limited edition tend to be the more collectable bottles.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #107
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Beenleigh Dark gets my vote every time. Enjoyable without any adverse physiological effects.

Its not expensive, but after the fourth-ish 50/50, finer spirit qualities are largely irrelevant.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #108
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

This is one for the conspiracy theorists out there. >>>

Image is courtesy of Bundaberg Rum Bottles & Collections on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/bundycollectors
Old 14-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #109
PHATXR8
PHATXR8

My favourite is the Inner Circle Black. It is strong, but it is damn smooth......
PHATXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #110
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Bundaberg Dark Oak is the 4th bottle in the Master Distillers Collection and the release was today. Should see it in bottle shops in a week or so.

Absolutely brilliant. Very sweet and a very strong raisin taste, very impressive given the last to Master Distiller effort weren't really to my (or most peoples) tastes.

On a side note, the new bottle for the standard Bundy line is virtually guaranteed, but that's no surprise since Bundy haven't really been all that vigilant about protecting this secret.
Old 18-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #111
Cobramad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My favourite Bundaburg rum was the old Red Label 2 OP. I think it ran to about 74.9% and used to really warm the cockles of your heart..
Long time since its been available but certainly most memorable.
Cobramad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #112
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I think you may be referring to 33OP? You wouldn't happen to have any of them still sitting around would you?

Old 19-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #113
Cobramad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sweeet... brings back many a fond memory... thanks for the pic and if I did have some, I'd be glad to share it with someone who appreciates a good rum!
Cobramad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 04:13 AM   #114
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I'd recommend keeping it sealed, because a relatively inexpensive bottle (by today's standards) is now worth close to $2000, maybe more. I'd kill for one in my collection, because there isn't many going around.

I'd gladly add 20yrs to my DOB if I could, because that would be an absolutely wild drink to sample.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #115
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY View Post
I think you may be referring to 33OP? You wouldn't happen to have any of them still sitting around would you?

I do and after finding out what it's worth (same with a few other bottles) I've been inspired to put a bit more effort into collecting.

Can't believe how collectible Bundy is really.

First thing i'm going to do is finish the distillers series I think, while it's still cheap.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #116
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

A few 33OP bottles have turned up in the past couple of weeks, I know of one that didn't sell at $1,500, which surprised me. I'm currently trying to hunt down a Bundaberg Pure Gold, they're worth $1,000+ so it's not exactly an impulse buy.

What other bottles do you have Dash XR?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #117
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

An old label OP 1125, Distillers No3, Golden Reserve and a few old lables that might go for a bit. Plus found a bottle shop that has a heap of Reserves so i'm thinking of buying a few of them seeing how well No3 has done.

I have no idea really where to start, I've loved bundy since I was a kid but now I cringe thinking about some of the bottles i've drank that are worth big dollars now lol.

How about yourself?
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #118
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never noticed this thread before but the title sure made me sit up and notice

Best bottle of Bundy I've ever had (I'm well into my 60s so I've had a few!!) was one i found in my old man's shed after he died in '97.

I had to do a bit of a clean up for mum and I found this 26 oz bottle in an old ammo box hidden away. I figure it would have been early 60s vintage and it was beautiful.

Smooth as with a great kick!!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #119
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
I had to do a bit of a clean up for mum and I found this 26 oz bottle in an old ammo box hidden away. I figure it would have been early 60s vintage and it was beautiful.
The only old bottle from that era I can think of would be a Millaquin white Bundy rum, 26oz would have been the old 750ml I think. But Millaquin was a product of the 70's. There have been quite a few 750ml Bundy bottles, but I don't recall them being printed with 'FL OZ' on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR
How about yourself?
Don't worry about spending big on Reserve, they will be available from the Bundy Rum Bond Store exclusively for the next 1-2yrs. Nothing will ever do as well as Distillers No.3 did, because everyone is hoarding away cartons of Reserve. Maybe in 30yrs they will be worth a quid, but nothing like how the price of D3 jumped up.

If those old labels you have a bottles with this Bear on it or older then it may be of some value -

Anything like this or newer, you'll be waiting a while before it's rare -

I'm currently trying to hunt down some older labels, Pure Gold, Centenary, Red Racing, Numbered Reserve, 1125ml D3, older Royal Liqueur labels and some other stuff. Ideally I'd like to add the Rugby Captains set from 2003 to the collection. But collecting Bundy bottles is a never ending thing, there is always something else you want to add to the collection.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #120
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM1DY View Post
The only old bottle from that era I can think of would be a Millaquin white Bundy rum, 26oz would have been the old 750ml I think. But Millaquin was a product of the 70's. There have been quite a few 750ml Bundy bottles, but I don't recall them being printed with 'FL OZ' on them.

Don't worry about spending big on Reserve, they will be available from the Bundy Rum Bond Store exclusively for the next 1-2yrs. Nothing will ever do as well as Distillers No.3 did, because everyone is hoarding away cartons of Reserve. Maybe in 30yrs they will be worth a quid, but nothing like how the price of D3 jumped up.

If those old labels you have a bottles with this Bear on it or older then it may be of some value -

Anything like this or newer, you'll be waiting a while before it's rare -

I'm currently trying to hunt down some older labels, Pure Gold, Centenary, Red Racing, Numbered Reserve, 1125ml D3, older Royal Liqueur labels and some other stuff. Ideally I'd like to add the Rugby Captains set from 2003 to the collection. But collecting Bundy bottles is a never ending thing, there is always something else you want to add to the collection.
SM1DY you are obviously too young
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post