Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 02-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
GMAN69
Starter Motor

Question 09 Mondeo wagon rear bumper protector

hey all, just found this site, glad others enjoy their Mondeo too!

I bought a year old dealer demo petrol MB Mondeo LX wagon a few months ago for $28k with 5,000kms, Zetec alloys & window tint. Its is a big step up in quality from my previous 1997 HC Mondeo LX wagon! I love the way Euro Fords drive (including Focus & Ka), although I am still getting use to having an auto. I use it mainly at weekends, so not much traffic use, and average 8.3l/100km. I do however have diesel envy whenever I see a new diesel Mondeo wagon!

Has anyone seen an accessory for the Mondeo wagon to protect the top of the rear bumper when loading/unloading stuff? Most other wagon manufacturers seem to supply them.

cheers

GMAN69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
marcusturbo

Hi there GMan

Bumper Protection

Try the above link and then go see your local dealership parts dept and see if they do the same part.

The mondeo is a great car and I am enjoying the diesel lots, especially in Titanium spec.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
entheos

Right Here

PM me if you want a price....where are you located?
entheos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
GMAN69
Starter Motor

hey Marcusturbo, thanks for the uk link - Mondeos look great in Morello too!

hey Entheos, I'm in Yarraville, Binks Ford in Deer Park have quoted $65.80 for the scuff guard - I may go and look at it, not sure if its for the wagon or just the hatch.

cheers
Old 04-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #5
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've used the one in etheos' post from day one & found it great in the hatch; its looking a bit beat up but the sill is perfect. It just velcros onto the carpet and folds back on itself out of the way so should be good for the wagon too.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
GMAN69
Starter Motor

cheers DRU842, I just bought a scuff guard so will see how it goes!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #7
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My dealer fitted a clear plastic film over the bumper when I bought the car. Absolutely brilliant - only cost about $125, looks great and gives total protection. It's not a Ford part, but should be simple to get done.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #8
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I've got the scuff guard, and it will be coming with me when I hand the car back too. It can be used in any hatch/wagon I'd bet.

I've also learnt that the best way to protect the bumper is to get stuff out of the hatch myself, and don't let the boss anywhere near it.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #9
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I've also learnt that the best way to protect the bumper is to get stuff out of the hatch myself, and don't let the boss anywhere near it.
+1

In the first week of owning the car, my scuff guard had a hole put through it with the tailgate latch... seriously how hard is it??
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #10
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOND30
+1

In the first week of owning the car, my scuff guard had a hole put through it with the tailgate latch... seriously how hard is it??
I've seen things rested on the bumper/roof/hatch lid. I try to stop it, but you need to pick your battles.

I also doubt that the boss knows there is a scuff guard in the hatch, and when you're juggling child/handbag/pram/bag of new shoes it would be the furthest thing from her mind.

Like my daughter with the grand parents, what happens when I'm not around I am not too fussed with, but I'll try to sort the issues out afterwards.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #11
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOND30
+1

That's why the plastic film is great - it's always in position, silently and invisibly protecting the paint.