Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 26-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
NAJET
Starter Motor

Default Braided line for BA premium brake upgrade?

Hi guy's, I just bought a front pair of BA premium brakes for my BA xr6t ute, but need the brake lines to suit. I would like them in steel braid and understand that they have to be custom made to suit. Is that all I need to make them fit? I also heard that I need a bracket? Thanking you in advance
Cheers
Steve.

NAJET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJET
Hi guy's, I just bought a front pair of BA premium brakes for my BA xr6t ute, but need the brake lines to suit. I would like them in steel braid and understand that they have to be custom made to suit. Is that all I need to make them fit? I also heard that I need a bracket? Thanking you in advance
Cheers
Steve.
Can't speak for the lines but my understanding was/is that the upgraded Calipers fit with the original Brackets.

if not im also interisted about the above mentioned brackets.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJET
Cheers
Steve.
I think the factory FPV 2P brakes had a hose bracket located in a different spot than the std ford which might be the reasoning behind this question.I can make some braided lines for you which should be fine as these will not have the long metal bent neck on the banjo end which is what i believe causes the problem when fitting the FPV hoses and calipers to the std cars.(If you can understand that)
Front hoses for this are $150 a pair delivered thanks

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
NAJET
Starter Motor

Thanks for that. I will give you guys a call when I get my tax refund
NAJET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #5