Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 25-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Default Brake fluid choice??

Hey guys,

Ive just done a track evening at Sandown raceway had an absoulte ball of a time can't wait to get back out there,
However ive got a few little issues that im hoping you can help me out with, after a quite a few laps I had bolied my brake fluid and had no brakes definatly scared the .... out of me.

It's currently running 4 piston Brembo's standard pads and fluid (no wonder it boild)

So i guess im asking what would be a decent upgrade in pads and fluid that will be fine for track and road use.

Cheers Tristan

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKPHN
Hey guys,

Ive just done a track evening at Sandown raceway had an absoulte ball of a time can't wait to get back out there,
However ive got a few little issues that im hoping you can help me out with, after a quite a few laps I had bolied my brake fluid and had no brakes definatly scared the .... out of me.

It's currently running 4 piston Brembo's standard pads and fluid (no wonder it boild)

So i guess im asking what would be a decent upgrade in pads and fluid that will be fine for track and road use.

Cheers Tristan
Tristan you can put some AP Racing 5.1 fluid in @ $25 a bottle and a quality brake pad that can also be used for street and track will cost between $360 and $420.Braided lines on the front only will give you a bit firmer pedal at a cost of $130 a pair whilst the rubber rear lines still allow for a bit of flex in the pedal.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
Tristan you can put some AP Racing 5.1 fluid in @ $25 a bottle and a quality brake pad that can also be used for street and track will cost between $360 and $420.Braided lines on the front only will give you a bit firmer pedal at a cost of $130 a pair whilst the rubber rear lines still allow for a bit of flex in the pedal.

Cheers mate,

whats the diference between the brake pads??
Also from chatting to a few people who do a fair bit of track work generally a bottle of fluid is about $100 the Ap racing 5.1 fluid is that much better than standard??

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.

Old 25-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Cheers mate,

whats the diference between the brake pads??
Also from chatting to a few people who do a fair bit of track work generally a bottle of fluid is about $100 the Ap racing 5.1 fluid is that much better than standard??
The difference in brake pads we can supply is generally the brand and quality.The prices quoted include the brands of Ferodo in DS2500 and SBS pads in ceramic and carbon ceramic.These pads are good for what you do but the more track orientated you go for the less streetable you get.
The 5.1 fluid is very good for occasional motorsport but for more serious use we can supply fluid for around $50 to $55 a 500ml bottle and you would need 2 bottles to clean and flush your system

Phone 02 9609 1101

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

sounds great do you send interstate???

Old 27-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
sounds great do you send interstate???
Yes we do thankyou

Phone 02 9609 1101