Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 30-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #1
twr7cx

Question Brackets and brake hoses for Brembo 6 pots onto AU3

Hi Mat, I'm looking at purchasing a Brembo 6 pot setup from a Territory. Are you able to supply the correct mounting brackets and brake hoses (braided) so that I can fit the Brembo 6 pots to my AU Series 3 (currently has the Tickford Premium 2 piston setup from factory)?

Old 30-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: Brackets and brake hoses for Brembo 6 pots onto AU3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr7cx
Hi Mat, I'm looking at purchasing a Brembo 6 pot setup from a Territory. Are you able to supply the correct mounting brackets and brake hoses (braided) so that I can fit the Brembo 6 pots to my AU Series 3 (currently has the Tickford Premium 2 piston setup from factory)?
I can't get the factory AU3 brackets but i may be able to get some alloy brackets we use on the 6P FG kits if you want.Let me know.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
twr7cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED
I can't get the factory AU3 brackets but i may be able to get some alloy brackets we use on the 6P FG kits if you want.Let me know.
Doesn't phase me, so long as it would work to bolt the calipers up? I thought the FG's where the other way around though? Are the AU3 mounting brackets not the same as what's used on BA?

What about the braided brake lines to suit?

Any ideas on costs?

Last edited by twr7cx; 30-01-2012 at 04:39 PM.
twr7cx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Doesn't phase me, so long as it would work to bolt the calipers up? I thought the FG's where the other way around though? Are the AU3 mounting brackets not the same as what's used on BA?

What about the braided brake lines to suit?

Any ideas on costs?
I can get you aftermarket alloy brackets for the BA 6pots for $235 each
Braided lines are Goodridge and will cost you for fronts $150 a pair

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 30-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
twr7cx

Quote:
I can get you aftermarket alloy brackets for the BA 6pots for $235 each
When you say "for the BA 6pots" are you implying that there is a difference between the BA 6pots and other Brembo 6 pots (i.e. those fitted to Ford Territory F6X)?

e.g. are they likely to fit to these units:

Are you able to confirm that the aftermarket alloy brackets for the BA 6pots would be compatible with the AU3 uprights?

Are rear braided brake lines to suit the AU3 rear brakes the same price as the front units ($150.00 a pair)?

Thanks for your patience in answering my queries and thank you for the pricing details too.

Last edited by twr7cx; 30-01-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 31-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
When you say "for the BA 6pots" are you implying that there is a difference between the BA 6pots and other Brembo 6 pots (i.e. those fitted to Ford Territory F6X)?

e.g. are they likely to fit to these units:

Are you able to confirm that the aftermarket alloy brackets for the BA 6pots would be compatible with the AU3 uprights?

Are rear braided brake lines to suit the AU3 rear brakes the same price as the front units ($150.00 a pair)?

Thanks for your patience in answering my queries and thank you for the pricing details too.

The Territory calipers are the same as the FG ones as they mount at the rear of the wheel and the AU11 to BF all mount at the front of the wheel. The brackets will fit the calipers you have but the pistons are all different sizes like small medium large and when fitted the rotor passes through the small first and exits the large piston which reduces uneven pad wear. When the calipers are fitted to the earlier models the piston sizes are running the opposite way so you can either just leave it that way or you can run some adapters and change the crossover pipes and bleeder nipples around so the correct way is done. If this sounds complicated just ring me as it is easier to explain.
The rear lines are more expensive than the fronts when buying them seperatly but if you buy them as a complete front and rear set you will pay $290 for traction control or $320 for non traction control.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 31-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
twr7cx

Quote:
The Territory calipers are the same as the FG ones as they mount at the rear of the wheel and the AU11 to BF all mount at the front of the wheel. The brackets will fit the calipers you have but the pistons are all different sizes like small medium large and when fitted the rotor passes through the small first and exits the large piston which reduces uneven pad wear. When the calipers are fitted to the earlier models the piston sizes are running the opposite way so you can either just leave it that way or you can run some adapters and change the crossover pipes and bleeder nipples around so the correct way is done. If this sounds complicated just ring me as it is easier to explain.
I'm with you. Idea on pricing of the adapters?

Quote:
The rear lines are more expensive than the fronts when buying them seperatly but if you buy them as a complete front and rear set you will pay $290 for traction control or $320 for non traction control.
I don't think any of the AU utes have traction control, mine certainly hasn't and being an AU3 XR8 Pursuit 250, AFAIK the most expensive AU ute made, I would have thought it would have if it was available on the utes...
Old 02-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #8
twr7cx

I was just having another look at this again tonight and with the extra expense of having to chase up the brakets and brake lines and converting the calipers, I'm thinking it's possibly not the smart choice to go with second hand Brembo 6 pots from the FG/Territory as it ends up with a lot of additional expenses, may be better off getting something new specifically for the vehicle...

What are your kit offerings to suit AU3 and what sort of price?

On one of my previous EF Falcon I have an AP Racing 4 pot setup on 355mm discs that you sold me and that was a nice setup.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
I was just having another look at this again tonight and with the extra expense of having to chase up the brakets and brake lines and converting the calipers, I'm thinking it's possibly not the smart choice to go with second hand Brembo 6 pots from the FG/Territory as it ends up with a lot of additional expenses, may be better off getting something new specifically for the vehicle...

What are your kit offerings to suit AU3 and what sort of price?

On one of my previous EF Falcon I have an AP Racing 4 pot setup on 355mm discs that you sold me and that was a nice setup.
The best option we have is the modified FG 6 piston brembo 355mm slotted kit with braided lines for the AU3 at $2300. The E series kit is a good option but expensive as you would be aware.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
twr7cx

Quote:
The best option we have is the modified FG 6 piston brembo 355mm slotted kit with braided lines for the AU3 at $2300.
Cheers, that's pretty much a similar price to what I estimate it was coming to using second hand calipers and rotor setup and then the above parts we discussed, so it's definitely a smarter move for me to purchase new.

What are the rotor options available for that setup? Do DBA do 5000 series or only up to 4000 series available? What is the additional cost for the better rotors?

Out of interest, do you have a price for the conversion kits by themselves for the FG calipers?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #11
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Cheers, that's pretty much a similar price to what I estimate it was coming to using second hand calipers and rotor setup and then the above parts we discussed, so it's definitely a smarter move for me to purchase new.

What are the rotor options available for that setup? Do DBA do 5000 series or only up to 4000 series available? What is the additional cost for the better rotors?

Out of interest, do you have a price for the conversion kits by themselves for the FG calipers?
4000 and 5000 series rotors are available as options at an additional cost but i have to review the costs as i am starting to get excess brembo slotted rotors from previous upgrades.
To convert the FG caliper to fit a BA set up the hoses and the pipe adapters are $300.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 03-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
twr7cx

Quote:
4000 and 5000 series rotors are available as options at an additional cost but i have to review the costs as i am starting to get excess brembo slotted rotors from previous upgrades.
Is the kit available with no rotors?
Please let me know the pricing on the 4000 and 5000 after you have reviewed. Particularly interested in the 5000.

Quote:
To convert the FG caliper to fit a BA set up the hoses and the pipe adapters are $300.
Pair or per side?

Last edited by twr7cx; 03-02-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Is the kit available with no rotors?
Please let me know the pricing on the 4000 and 5000 after you have reviewed. Particularly interested in the 5000.

Can you PM me a reminder on all this and i will look into it during the week.

Pair or per side?
Pair thanks

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 13-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
twr7cx

Quote:
4000 and 5000 series rotors are available as options at an additional cost but i have to review the costs
Have you had a chance to review the costs? Particularly interested in the 5000 series.

Is there an option to purchase the kit without any rotors?
Old 13-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #15
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Have you had a chance to review the costs? Particularly interested in the 5000 series.

Is there an option to purchase the kit without any rotors?

You can purchase the kit without rotors if you like and with the DBA 2 piece slotted disc the kit is $2100.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 13-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #16
twr7cx

Quote:
You can purchase the kit without rotors if you like and with the DBA 2 piece slotted disc the kit is $2100.
Is the $2,100.00 the price without rotors?

If so, how much with the 5000 series rotors?

I ask, as earlier you quoted $2,300.00 ($200.00 more) for the setup with the standard rotors - I would expect the 5000 series rotors are more expensive...

Quote:
The best option we have is the modified FG 6 piston brembo 355mm slotted kit with braided lines for the AU3 at $2300. The E series kit is a good option but expensive as you would be aware.
Old 13-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #17
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Is the $2,100.00 the price without rotors?

If so, how much with the 5000 series rotors?

I ask, as earlier you quoted $2,300.00 ($200.00 more) for the setup with the standard rotors - I would expect the 5000 series rotors are more expensive...

Sorry i quoted the twin piston kit i am also doing. As we buy the brake kits with the rotors we don't have much room to move on price plus i have a few sets here myself (brembo rotors) at the moment so i think it would be best to buy the brake kit with the brembo slotted discs and purchase the other rotors at an extra cost as listed.You could keep the brembo rotors as spares or try selling to another forum member or ebay and getting some money back.
BA 6 Piston Brembo kit with Brembo slotted discs is $2300
Add the amounts below
The DBA T3 Slotted discs are $600 a pair
The DBA T3 5000 2 piece discs are $990 a pair.

Phone 02 9609 1101