Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #1
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default China about to land probe on Moon.

Check link...
http://english.cntv.cn/live/p2p/index.shtml

Good luck.

2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #2
gtfpv
GT

Default Re: China about to land probe on Moon.

wow , thanks madaya . love it . is it live
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #3
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are down. All looks well. Soon to let the Rover Yutu to roll down the ramps for it's first look around. Landed in the Bay of Rainbows (Sinus Iridium).
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #4
gtfpv
GT

ok this is incredible and extremely informative . they have just said that the temp extremes are radical on the moon and a real challange for the vehicle on the moon , AS !!! GET THIS , " DAYTIME TEMP 150C AND NIGHTTIME TEMP -180C .

CANnot help but wonder how the astranauts drove around on the mmon in an electric car in this extreme weather 40 years ago ?

further info , they said tthat time is 14 times longer than earths time

Last edited by gtfpv; 15-12-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 15-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #5
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Very cool.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #6
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
ok this is incredible and extremely informative . they have just said that the temp extremes are radical on the moon and a real challange for the vehicle on the moon , AS !!! GET THIS , " DAYTIME TEMP 150C AND NIGHTTIME TEMP -180C .

CANnot help but wonder how the astranauts drove around on the mmon in an electric car in this extreme weather 40 years ago ?

further info , they said tthat time is 14 times longer than earths time
Try some reading.

http://pseudoastro.wordpress.com/200...iation-claims/

Quote:
NASA knew that the moon’s surface went through these temperature swings. But, that doesn’t mean that as soon as a square meter of lunar surface rotates into the Sun’s light that it suddenly, immediately goes from -200 °F to +200 °F. It takes time to absorb the radiation and heat up! And that is why all of the lunar missions were planned for “dawn” on the moon, before the surface had heated up to the +200 °F temperatures, but after it had warmed a little from the -200 °F temperatures. So even while the lunar surface does experience wide temperature swings throughout it’s nearly 700-hr day, the astronauts did not experience those extremes
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.

Last edited by XR Martin; 15-12-2013 at 03:12 AM.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Amazing achievement ..China's tech is good..wait until it flows onto their cars
Old 15-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

yep thanks xr6 martin . when they said it was a 14 earth day rotation i understood that concept and edited my post to add that in . it probably wouldnt be clear that i did this to the reader . but thanks for the explanation . it's really interesting stuff , i had no idea the moons temps were that extreme . im really looking forward to new manned moon missions in my lifetime . i'm so proud of the chinese for doing this , it's been really dissapointing watching nasa and russia passing all these things off as old hat , when a whole generations only get to read stories about thier experiences and watch 60's technoligy footage . in a sense only the astronauts got to see it as it is . the old grainy movies didnt show much reality to it . imagine it all on HD !!!
and Whats wrong with our media !! whilst all this was going on i channel surfed TV , and aside from a few news headlines there were old re runs of tv sitcoms .
that shouldve been live on several channels , and so should curiosity on mars . . obviously they dont want us to think outside of ONLINE SHOPPING SPECIALS , and info mercials
5 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

oh no what about the aliens with their moon bases, thats why the US stopped going to moon and havent been back since, their going to kill us all nowwhere going to get all that helium 3 now

been watching to many of the UFO shows on history and discovery channel
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aliens are on the dark side of the moon...so we don't see them !!
Old 15-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

10.567sec for the strip
Old 15-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
gtfpv
GT

i'm going to check the link now as today the rover gets off loaded from the lander .
Old 15-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
MrXR8

Aliens on the moon............ We had to go there didn't we?
When a car gets past you, you just want to go after them, you want to chase them down, you want to pass them. It's primal. But then there's another side to it, where you just completely forget about all the other cars on the track, and you feel like you're in another world. It's just you, at one with the road and the car.

Eric Bana
MrXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
gtfpv
GT

trolls everywhere on this forum , can we just keep an interest in this thread and keep the usual troll insults away . i say this is a great thread . i hope only those interested view it . really dont want to see put downs and garbage on this one . its too great a topic and interesting science for us all .
Old 15-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #15
MrXR8

I would have thought just bringing up aliens on the moon was an insult to all the fine men who risked their lives getting and landing on the moon.

Keep to topic was basically what I meant by my comment. Have respect for the people who risked their lives with risks that nor you or I know about.
When a car gets past you, you just want to go after them, you want to chase them down, you want to pass them. It's primal. But then there's another side to it, where you just completely forget about all the other cars on the track, and you feel like you're in another world. It's just you, at one with the road and the car.

Eric Bana
Old 15-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #16
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

China announced that they will share their findings with everyone, which I think is great.

Something humankind can benefit from.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #17
MrXR8

There is so much more to learn about the moon. I can't see how nasa doesn't want to go back there.

Eric Bana
Old 15-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #18
MrXR8

We could test mars landing missions there. Obviously different circumstances but they could none the less.

Eric Bana
Old 15-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #19
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if China will go the next step to set up a base on the moon and claim its apparent riches?

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #20
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

"Hyosung, the Chery has landed"
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #21
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
I wonder if China will go the next step to set up a base on the moon and claim its apparent riches?

very interesting point . one would say if they can then why not .
i vaguely remember some treaty being agreed to that no humans would be able to claim any rights on the moon though . cant remember where i read that .
and also , wasnt some dude / company selling blocks of land on the moon , b you can buy them and claim nothing or cannot change it in anyway . ?
Old 15-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #22
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
yep thanks xr6 martin . when they said it was a 14 earth day rotation i understood that concept and edited my post to add that in . it probably wouldnt be clear that i did this to the reader . but thanks for the explanation . it's really interesting stuff , i had no idea the moons temps were that extreme . im really looking forward to new manned moon missions in my lifetime . i'm so proud of the chinese for doing this , it's been really dissapointing watching nasa and russia passing all these things off as old hat , when a whole generations only get to read stories about thier experiences and watch 60's technoligy footage . in a sense only the astronauts got to see it as it is . the old grainy movies didnt show much reality to it . imagine it all on HD !!!
and Whats wrong with our media !! whilst all this was going on i channel surfed TV , and aside from a few news headlines there were old re runs of tv sitcoms .
that shouldve been live on several channels , and so should curiosity on mars . . obviously they dont want us to think outside of ONLINE SHOPPING SPECIALS , and info mercials
I agree with this, the mere fact that we can put probes, satelittes, and men into outer space is amazing but its ignored for whatever drug fueled thing Miley Cyrus is doing. Its beyond incredible the things we have accomplished in space, and the depths of space we have explored.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #23
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
very interesting point . one would say if they can then why not .
i vaguely remember some treaty being agreed to that no humans would be able to claim any rights on the moon though . cant remember where i read that .
and also , wasnt some dude / company selling blocks of land on the moon , b you can buy them and claim nothing or cannot change it in anyway . ?
yes there was some person/company selling plots of land but I think, China being China, would not recognise those documents, occupancy has always ruled.

if a base was to be setup I think it would be free rein, god knows what is up there as far as mining goes, then of course there is the low gravity in which to launch to other planets, galaxies, cosmos's.

China would probably be the best to engage all happenstances as they came along.

interesting times ahead if the Chinese actually do become fully engaged.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 15-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXR8 View Post
There is so much more to learn about the moon. I can't see how nasa doesn't want to go back there.
I suspect its not they don't want to go back, more a case of can't afford to, but don't be surprised if china starts reaping benefits from finding something worthwhile up there ............ nasa might suddenly find some cash to crank up the missions again, maybe the ruskys too.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #25
MrXR8

I think due to there being no atmosphere setting up a moon base is a bit outa our league ATM. When the sun sneezes a solar flare the occupants would be hit with waves of radiation. But as a temp yeah I guess it's not a bad idea. They could see if they could survive for 6 months and develop techniques and systems for a Mars landing and stay. Once on mars it's about a years wait to get home.

Eric Bana
Old 15-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #26
MrXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
I suspect its not they don't want to go back, more a case of can't afford to, but don't be surprised if china starts reaping benefits from finding something worthwhile up there ............ nasa might suddenly find some cash to crank up the missions again, maybe the ruskys too.

Well NASA is hitching rides with the "ruskys" on their Soyuz class vessels since the decommissioned the shuttle fleet.

Eric Bana
Old 15-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #27
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXR8 View Post
I think due to there being no atmosphere setting up a moon base is a bit outa our league ATM. When the sun sneezes a solar flare the occupants would be hit with waves of radiation. But as a temp yeah I guess it's not a bad idea. They could see if they could survive for 6 months and develop techniques and systems for a Mars landing and stay. Once on mars it's about a years wait to get home.
no atmosphere in space either but we have a station up there, I have a sneaking suspicion that China will be very interested in the moon as new territory.

I remember glued to the carpet, sitting and watching absolutely enthralled by the first moon landing and first steps on one of the few TV's in the small town where I spent my younger years with around 10 of my class mates.

the kids then had imagination, if it doesn't involve a hand piece these days the kids aren't interested.

Old 15-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #28
MrXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
no atmosphere in space either but we have a station up there, I have a sneaking suspicion that China will be very interested in the moon as new territory.

I remember glued to the carpet, sitting and watching absolutely enthralled by the first moon landing and first steps on one of the few TV's in the small town where I spent my younger years with around 10 of my class mates.

the kids then had imagination, if it doesn't involve a hand piece these days the kids aren't interested.
Yes good point. The purpose of the station was to see how the human body can cope with the environment of space. They now know from living on the station that radiation and zero gravity cause a shorter lifespan. The station is a temp setup for testing plus it's in orbit close to earth. Easy to return. Fixed station on the moon, not so easy.

Eric Bana
Old 15-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #29
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

i think some people need to learn to take sarcasm and having a joke

lighten up

10.567sec for the strip
Old 15-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #30
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Amazing achievement ..China's tech is good..wait until it flows onto their cars
Wait until their technology is hurtling towards us!! China is set to be a very disruptive world influence. And it wont be for the benefit of us...
3 users like this post: