Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #61
brennan.

Default Re: P-plater who abused policeman in Sydney is fined

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe_ View Post
inferior complexity
Is that an oxymoron?

Sorry lads, as you were.
Old 20-02-2015, 09:14 PM   #62
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully6 View Post
So I can use my phone whilst driving?
You need to study up on your road rules obviously

Quote:
Also how exactly do you know what they were using their phone for? I'm pretty sure if it was an emergency they would be using their radio instead.

How do know it wasn't legitimate Police business...

You don't

Last edited by MAGPIE; 20-02-2015 at 09:19 PM.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2015, 09:15 PM   #63
deluxe_

The exact words is " inferiority complex ". My apologies
deluxe_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #64
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
So I can use my phone whilst driving?
no you can't but yes they can

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2015, 09:48 PM   #65
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Cops are tops

Hi Joshy ...
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #66
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
So I can use my phone whilst driving? Also how exactly do you know what they were using their phone for? I'm pretty sure if it was an emergency they would be using their radio instead.
No you cant. Emergency services (police, firies, ambos) are exempt from certain road rules. And no, not all jobs are given out on the radio.
3 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2015, 09:50 PM   #67
The Monty
Just slidin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLR View Post
Cops are tops

Hi Joshy ...
I waved at you today. I was in an iLoad and you were going passed Shell Mudgeeraba. Car sounds good!
Old 20-02-2015, 09:51 PM   #68
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So I can use my phone whilst driving? Also how exactly do you know what they were using their phone for? I'm pretty sure if it was an emergency they would be using their radio instead.
lots of confidential info gets sent by phone rather than radio where others may hear it plus radios are generally used to send brief messages not for lengthy conversations
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-02-2015, 09:52 PM   #69
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty View Post
I waved at you today. I was in an iLoad and you were going passed Shell Mudgeeraba. Car sounds good!
I know the beard threw me ... You look ummmm distinguished now

The 4" is a touch loud tho'
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2015, 11:01 PM   #70
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe_ View Post
Some people feel the need to put on a false facade, an attitude to compensate for their inferior complexity. What's so hard to understand about this?
So, at the risk of being called a coward again or some higher level of criticism, are you now saying the guy in this latest video is a tool the way he is acting? And would it be just coincidental that he appears to be of Middle Eastern origin and dare I say, Muslim?

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 12:45 AM   #71
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE View Post
The phone is a tool used to carry out their duties no different to the RT in the car. If they can't use a phone then they can't use the radio and thus can't carry out their duties.

When a armed crack head is burgling your home in the middle of the night do really want the cops pulling over and stopping to receive/pass on info over the rt or phone...

I certainly don't !
Irrelevant. Why? You can still use a UHF while driving, whiçh is less distracting as the whole process is "one sided". You can't get caught up in a conversation as you can only speak or listen, you can't do both at the same time.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 01:02 AM   #72
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Why don't the cops just use hands-free as we need to?!
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 01:26 AM   #73
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I agree Kieran.. Every car has Bluetooth and yet I still see coppers using hand held phones.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 03:00 AM   #74
Hell Cat

This is a little off topic. I am always respectful to police. I do think people go out of their way to push the buttons of police to try and get them to crack.

BUT.
One there was one thing that really bugged me was something that happened last week.

my brother inlaw (29) who has asbergers, very timid and has a hard time talking with people who he doesnt know, hes a very honest person also.
He was at a bus stop in southport waiting to come home from the library, he was drinking a lemon lime and bitters out of a glass bottle, a cop pulled over and asked him out the window what he was drinking to which he replied "lemon lime and bitters" (obviously in a nervous manner)

The policeman suspected he was lieing to him and asked why he was acting the way he was and accused him of drinking alcohol. which then made my brother inlaw more uneasy/confused/frustrated.

It lead to the policeman getting out of the car and telling off my brother inlaw in an aggressive manner because 1) he thought he was drinking and trying to cover it up 2) he thought he was being difficult on purpose.
Hell Cat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 03:11 AM   #75
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
I'm sure a more "experienced" officer could have dealt with this a little differently........
Interesting comment, considering the cop in the video is a 'barred up' Senior Constable. ie Senior Constable in the job for a minimum of 5 years plus a 10 year bar, so this would not be the guys first vehicle stop.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 05:22 AM   #76
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Irrelevant. Why? You can still use a UHF while driving, whiçh is less distracting as the whole process is "one sided". You can't get caught up in a conversation as you can only speak or listen, you can't do both at the same time.
What a load of rubbish

It is actually worse in an emergency services situation as you could have multiple other units trying pass info to the comcen or to other units also.

Plus there is radio traffic from other jobs.

Stop trying to make an issue out of nothing, the tool in the car is wrong so is anyone on here moaning about the cops using phones.

Seriously some people need to get over themselves
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #77
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Agree or disagree, it is the law, Police are allowed to use their phones while driving.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but every police officer has more driver training than the average motorist and TMU are trained at even a higher level again.
The officer riding as passenger, is not just going along for he ride, they contribute to information re traffic conditions, other motorists movements etc so the driver can put more effort in other areas, besides rally cars, this is not something that happens on a regular basis.

Many police vehicles are used by 2 officers at a time, 3 shifts a day, 7 days a week and many times an officer may use a different car each shift, so it becomes an issue with Bluetooth connections and normally the car radio is not even turned on.

2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #78
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Thread starts off as P-Plater abusing Police, and guess what, it get's turned around again. Surprise surprise...........
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 10:31 AM   #79
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Wow what a colourful thread, just respect the police and they'll respect you. I know police are aloud to use the phone by law, but you can see why the public is sceptical. But the law is the law so just obey it and don't hurt yourself trying to fight it.

Funny story my driver trainer was telling me, when I was learning to drive a garbage truck. As you know when we are picking up bins we drive on the left. Well he was training up a learner and he was in the normal drivers side (right hand), and he was on his phone. The learner was in control of the vehicle, when a police car put the sirens on and pulled them over. The police officer got out of the car and tried to book him for being on the phone. Then the poor police officer had to leave a bit red faced, we the driver trainer explain that he was not in control of the truck.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 10:39 AM   #80
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

leads to another question, is an instructor allowed to be on the phone while actually instructing?

Old 21-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #81
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
leads to another question, is an instructor allowed to be on the phone while actually instructing?
Exactly. In cars the Instructor has dual controls and I'm sure the Garbo truck would be left and right hand drive as well. I would of thought that the Instructor, teaching , should not be on the phone at any time either whilist teaching.............
Old 21-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #82
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

In his defence we already have HR licences and we get trained up for a one month period. It was towards the end of this blokes training where sometimes they have to get out of the truck and let you go by youself. So there was nothing wrong with the what he was doing things. And just like police, base dose contact us via phone if airway is busy. Sometime you fellas are a bit **** with this kind of stuff, as you really don't know what we do or how we are trained up.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #83
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Interesting comment, considering the cop in the video is a 'barred up' Senior Constable. ie Senior Constable in the job for a minimum of 5 years plus a 10 year bar, so this would not be the guys first vehicle stop.
the officer in the video may have the years up but where was his previous posting, did he do his time in the city or the country, desk or beat.

I will bet he will be up for more conflict abatement training once the upper stripes get a look at the nonsense he was subjected to..

he did not deserve that tirade for simply doing his job.

we have a female sergeant locally, who is a fantastic, large woman, softly spoken and wouldn't harm a flea, the town is extremely protective of her, put her in this situation the outcome would be the same as in the video.

however the young bloke would not be safe in the local pub after word got out, we have a lot of time for our local constabulary, they are our footy players, our youngsters mentors, our saviours in time of great catastrophe, simply put, in times of need they are the first on scene.

the officer is obviously a very gracious man, a "good bloke!".........a more "street wise" not so "amenable" officer would have put this lout in his place very quickly.

I've spoken to a couple of officers about this and they all had the same answer to the non-sense......I won't repeat what they said here, nor what they would have done ,it would not involve violence merely a "different" approach.

but the outcome would have been far different for this mouthamatic.

all unnecessary behaviour simply because this little twat was bored, wanted to put some excitement in his life and too lazy to put up his "P" plate.....

simply a fool, one of many that I see every day.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 11:30 AM   #84
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I don't think a lot of people have much appreciation for police because for the most part their only dealings with them are likely to do with traffic matters.
That is 100% correct. The police should not be spending so much of their resources on petty road issues. That should be the responsibility of the state road authority. The public's opinion of police would increase if the only time we saw them is when we needed them.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 11:31 AM   #85
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That second vid...been a while since I've seen a Boss wearing full kit.
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #86
Mulberry Laine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH View Post
So, at the risk of being called a coward again or some higher level of criticism, are you now saying the guy in this latest video is a tool the way he is acting? And would it be just coincidental that he appears to be of Middle Eastern origin and dare I say, Muslim?
Coward?I think not,you obviously hit a nerve with "deluxe" though,he was that cranky he couldn't get his words right.
It is actually quite refreshing to hear someone honestly speaking out about how you feel,usually a person will conform and agree with the rest of the sheep in society.They are the ones who are Cowards.
Now back to the subject,absolutely deplorable attitudes towards the police,yes if the police are wrong say something to them(you don't need to record it!)and show a bit of respect.But if you are the one in the wrong show some responsibility and cop the punishment sweet.After all they are only doing there job.Cheers.
Mulberry Laine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 12:29 PM   #87
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Cops have to put up with that sort of crap every day, not sure how they deal with it and stay sane.

There is very little you can do to change someones behaviour once they reach this age. It's the way they were raised in a lot if cases. It would take a serious jolt to get them to shift their attitudes. Maybe they should loose their social security benefits.
Old 21-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #88
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

It's all this do gooder bull****, that is why kids are the way they are today. Yeah blame it on the parents whatever. A good talking to only go so far, but a kick up the *** and a clip around the ear hole gets respect. Can't disapline kids these days without getting into trouble. So if the kids disrespect their parent well they are going disrespect any authority figure. As there is no real consequences for their action, until they beak the law as an adult and face jail time.
5 users like this post:
Old 21-02-2015, 02:16 PM   #89
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
when I was a young feller and if I spoke to a copper like that I would have got a boot in the freckle from the copper, then the copper would have paid a visit to my folks and I would have got another, harder one from my father.

of course nowadays they can't do that as it is "abuse".
That's an interesting angle Poppa.

Interesting because early on in your AFF career you were quite vocal in your beliefs that raising a hand, or foot, to a 'youngen' wasn't the way to get the message across.
Yet here you have admitted that physical punishment would be a reality during your upbringing, had you gone off track.

So im confused, do you support physical discipline where necessary, or do you believe the softly spoken approach is best.

I ask this because chances are both the boof heads who appear in the footage have spent their whole lives being cuddled and told they are perfect, yet they still resort to this behaviour.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #90
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

when I was a youngster physical punishment was the norm.........if I spoke out of place I got a quick clout round the ear........mind you that was a long time ago and quite "normal" for that time.

we have "evolved" from that.

I don't condone, nor do I advocate physical or mental violence in any shape or form by any person or persons, in fact I find it disgusting and only used by the lower intellects.

I stated what WOULD have happened back then not what SHOULD happen now, I also stated the consequence of such actions in todays "modern" age.

these young blokes have issues arising from god only knows what but they have problems if they see anger toward our officers as their only outlet for their daily frustration.

there are ways and means of dealing with these fools......time these were brought into play.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post