Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Perth Falcons

Old 26-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
GT333
GT333

Smile Bf Gt

Can anyone tell me what modifications can be done to a GT without voiding a new car warranty ? i have only had the car for 2 weeks. and i'm one happy oval

GT333 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

As far as I know.............NO MODS at all.

The only one that you may get away with is a CATS BACK exhaust system. Pretty harmless and benign mechanically..............
It also depends on the relationship you have with your dealer !!!!!!!

It's a difficult choice to make.........To warranty or not to warranty......That is the question as they say......???

It amuses me and also fills me with admiration at the same time when I see and hear of people with new GT's , GTP's , R8's and GTS's that drive straight from the dealer to a Tuners workshop.............You've either got KING KONG's GONADS and don't care or a VERY DEEP wallet..............

Things can and do go wrong so its a TUFF decision.

In the end, it depends on what goes wrong........An engine tune surely wont void a CD player problem.......LOL.........but it will void your engine, driveline transmission.........etc
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
GT333
GT333

Default GT Mods

ok thanks for that maybe it all comes down to a willingness to void a warranty for the pleasure of more power and a better sounding note,the dealer we bought from seems a fair go guy and is also a GT owner so i might see how much i can bend his arm on warranty.
GT333 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #4
Steppo
Slidewayzzz

mate i spoke to Ford head office in Geelong and they said that you can't do anything!!

on another note, i have had my GT now for over 3 months and i still haven't got a FPV drive day voucher? Does anybody know how long it takes to get it??
Steppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
XA5800
I'd rather be blown

I have heard that some people add bolt ons & remove before taking the car to the dealership.

That what I have been told ?
XA5800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
Elmo
Perth Falcons Admin

well i've had a few issues with my car one was the plenum had bubbles on it, the ICC had a failing display, and then my alternator died, my car was modded and went in modded and all were done under warranty, i've done exhaust, underdrives, tuning, themostat lowering etc etc, they tried it on me that my car was modded therefor the warranty wouldn't apply, but I calmly pointed out that everything I've done, their performce shop right next door does to brand new cars, the service guy then shut up and ok'd my warranty claims......
Old 11-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo
well i've had a few issues with my car one was the plenum had bubbles on it, the ICC had a failing display, and then my alternator died, my car was modded and went in modded and all were done under warranty, i've done exhaust, underdrives, tuning, themostat lowering etc etc, they tried it on me that my car was modded therefor the warranty wouldn't apply, but I calmly pointed out that everything I've done, their performce shop right next door does to brand new cars, the service guy then shut up and ok'd my warranty claims......
Yes.....but if you have an engine mechanical failure, tell us all about it then. FPV must authorise every engine repair. If your dealer has noted that there are mods....you've got buckleys and none........so far the warranty repairs you've mentioned don't sound engine specific.

Its also important to note that when your car is modded, you also void the FPV roadside assistance program so I'd be taking out an RACV, or RACQ or NRMA etc membership..............
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #8
Hext
BA MkII XR6T

As already stated minor exhaust mods shouldnt be cause for concern for the Ford boys. I have had a few things done to mine now and there have been no issues with any of my warranty issues. I have never had any major problems though. As you can guess though say with suspension, as soon as you touch one thing they wont cover any other susp part. Where did you buy your car from?

I deal with Titan Ford, never had any dramas.

Even drive from the country for my services, then they know the car.
Hext is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2007, 01:41 AM   #9
Elmo
Perth Falcons Admin

already have the RAC road side assistance cover, fords is crap when its not a FPV..

And as far as a engine mech failure it will be my fault and I'll wear it wont like it, but with the way i treat it and how hard i make it work on the track/strip well its life!

Dont want to worry about it dont mod it simple really.
Old 13-10-2007, 10:08 AM   #10
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Esp is correct!!! NO MODS ALLOWED. I have a herrods cat bak and CAI. Very minor mods but i would myself if i had an engine malfunction. At the end of the day its up to the dealers discretion. I would stick to the same dealer and maybe build up a relationship if you want to go down that path.
pitpal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #11
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Talk to your service manager.. He is the one who has to fib a little to Ford for warranty claims.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2007, 04:16 AM   #12
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

I would imagine mods that would not void warranty include simple bolt ons like K&N FIPK or aftermarket wheels... I'm sure Nitrous and Blowers are frowned upon by the dealers but simple stuff should be doable, right?

Got any pix of your GT?

thanks,
--Russ
Old 15-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #13
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let me tell you from first hand experience, that if your modification can be any way linked to an item you are trying to claim, then they can/will void it.

For example, if you change your catback and you have an engine related failure then they can theoretically claim that the catback has thrown your specs offline and caused an issue. Exhaust is always a debatable one. I had a ticking noise coming from my engine and Ford would not even diagnose it because I had extractors and cats back on....even when I got 3 independant workshops to attest to the fact that the exhaust was not leaking or causing the noise.

However, if for example you change your catback, and the water pump fails or one of your shocks malfunction then you'll be fine, because they are completely unrelated.

This is actually stated in your service manual (obviously in more legal speak).

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #14
Boss 5.4

I have full exhaust inc Extractors and a cold air mod. My car went on Oil watch and about 4 months ago Ford rebuild my engine to fix the problem. Not once was any of my mods mentioned. The issue had arrisen prior to the extractors etc, and I had the paperwork on hand to prove that the oil issue had been raised before the mods went on. They were good on this issue as I expected it to be mentioned.

past fords:
81 ZJ Fairlane 351C,
03 BA XR8 Falcon 260kw
Boss 5.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 11:25 PM   #15
1970galaxie
Fat 460

We got one dealer I know of over here, who is actually fitting blowers, so I guess they must be providing the warranty.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #16
boxy351

Hello Dan!!! would that be Black Mac????

Boxy
boxy351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #17
1970galaxie
Fat 460

4 months to answer eh?
Yes, Black Mac.
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
DannyGTP2
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 5.4
I have full exhaust inc Extractors and a cold air mod. My car went on Oil watch and about 4 months ago Ford rebuild my engine to fix the problem. Not once was any of my mods mentioned. The issue had arrisen prior to the extractors etc, and I had the paperwork on hand to prove that the oil issue had been raised before the mods went on. They were good on this issue as I expected it to be mentioned.
wat does 5.4 sounds like after the exhaust mod loud or just enough to feel good ??
DannyGTP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2010, 10:32 PM   #19
DannyGTP2
Starter Motor

Default Exhaust system

im thinking of putting full exhaust system on bf gt i want it to sound the best deep roaring sound , any suggestions gus please ?
DannyGTP2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #20
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

speak to lee @ Mindarie Exhaust will hook you up with some good options does great work.

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post