Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Simmo_M

Default Hello!

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum (signed up last night). Currently own a Honda CRX Si with a B18CR engine replacement. I absolutely love CRX's but on Tuesday afternoon on the way home my distributor decided to **** it's self. And so whilst I was sitting in the middle of the road, blocking traffic and creating all kinds of chaos; I made a pretty rash decision and dicided it's time to purchase my first "off the showroom floor" car. After doing some research on carsales and being incredibly unimpressed with what I can get for under $30,000, I stumbled upon the little firecracker that is the Fiesta ST! Now we bought my g/f the 2011 Fiesta Zetec and I quite liked the styling of it, I just always thought it could do with more power!

So I did some research online and watched the FEW reviews that are out on the ST and I couldn't find one single bad review on the car! Well this sparked my interest enough to want to go in for a test drive / look at them. Especially knowing their price tag was under $30,000.

Sure enough, after talking to the dealer for a few minutes and having a look at the car; I worked out my financials and decided to put a deposit on the only Blue ST in Queensland (until the next shipment in November). But once I took it for a test drive, I was even more excited about my purchase ! No, it's not the most powerful little car out there, to be honest, my crx is much faster. But for the all round package you shouldn't be complaining. It looks great, has a fairly nice interior, pulls nicely and handles amazingly! A lot of people are commenting on the stiff ride. Well if you're like me and your current car is sitting on coil overs, the Fiesta ST feels like your sitting on clouds so that's not an issue for me at all.

I love how this car is being compared with the GT86, especially because my brother in-law owns one. Now I've always been a fan of FWD hot hatches. I love how they drive, zipping around corners and through traffic. I love how they feel like you're driving a go kart and I esspecially love the look on bigger engined drivers faces when you smash them off the line at a set of traffic lights. The GT86, to me, is a great car for its money. But the main reason it was built from what I've heard, is to be taken to the track and going drifting. Now, I've never been to a race track and I can assure you that 90% of Australia's market who buys the 86 hasn't and will never either. So, like my brother in-law, 90% of the 86 buyers aren't going to use this car for why it's built (hence why it's being labeled as a posers car). Which means they aren't going to take advantage of the lightweight RWD / go drifting. Not to mention it has less bottom end torque than a Honda (trust me, I've owned 4 hondas and driven 2 86's). So in order to feel the cars true power, you need to keep it in high revs. Now lets be honest, on the roads and in traffic; you aren't going to really be able to rev out every single gear just to feel the top end power. Which is why I've opted for the ST. All that bottom end torque readily available at the squeeze of your big toe and on the streets and in traffic, you'll be able to take full advantage of that I've never been drifting and wouldn't know the first thing about it / nor does it take any of my interest, but I drive to work every day and love a punchy little car to get me through the traffic swiftly. And so this is the reason why I'm over joyed with my purchase. I could easily go on all day about how happy I am and how enjoyable this car is going to be, but I'm hungry and need to eat.

Sooo, thanx guys! I look forward to chatting with all my fellow ST owners and learning more about this little Firecracker of a car

Cheers, Simmo!

Simmo_M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Headovrheelz
Starter Motor

Default Re: Hello!

Hey mate welcome to the forums. I had a CRX myself although mine was SiR and B16A powered but still a pretty potent package with such a lightweight car.....still miss my honda :(

Anyway think you will have heaps of fun in the ST, congrats on purchase and hope to see more of you on here.

Old Car

Current car - stock as a rock
Headovrheelz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
Simmo_M

yeha I love CRX's. my first looked a lot like yours. SiR b16a as well . But its time to grow up I think haha

current CRX

Picked her up this arvo ;)

Simmo_M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2013, 03:16 AM   #4
Venomous1
5.0 means business

Very Nice great colour choice.