Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #151
xr8cam

Default Re: Outstanding service!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman View Post
any recomendations on diesel mechanic in around hoppers crossing/ werribee?

have a NW pajero which I would like to take to someone other than dealer for normal servicing, has 80K on it atm.

anyone used ARB hoppers or Iron man hoppers??

asked on the pajero forum and got no replies.
Id be looking at 4WD clubs & diesel specific forums perhaps.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #152
.:4:.
Kicking back

Back in 2011, a few months out of warrenty, I snapped the tailshaft in my bog stock 08 ghia. I got it towed home and spent a few days checking out my options. I bit the bullet and got it towed to thompson ford in parramatta. A week later I went to pick it up and whilst speaking to the guy on the desk the sevice manager walks out hands me my keys and the docket then walks me outside. The docket said parts and labour $1800, balance due $0. All he said to me was "these things don't happen to a car like that" then walked back inside. The warrenty was expired and it wasn't like I could drive the car to the next place to get it fixed. I was expecting to get completely ripped off.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2017, 03:23 PM   #153
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Back in 2011, a few months out of warrenty, I snapped the tailshaft in my bog stock 08 ghia. I got it towed home and spent a few days checking out my options. I bit the bullet and got it towed to thompson ford in parramatta. A week later I went to pick it up and whilst speaking to the guy on the desk the sevice manager walks out hands me my keys and the docket then walks me outside. The docket said parts and labour $1800, balance due $0. All he said to me was "these things don't happen to a car like that" then walked back inside. The warrenty was expired and it wasn't like I could drive the car to the next place to get it fixed. I was expecting to get completely ripped off.
They are possibly the best Dealer for aftersales service in Sydney.
Mont5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2017, 08:25 AM   #154
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Brakes and More in Langwarrin.
Wayne was very helpful in providing recommendations for replacement rotors and pads for the XR5 based on my usage of the car. Priced at a fraction of the price of OEMs (1/3) and even opened the shop on Saturday for me to come and pick them up.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:10 AM   #155
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aust Transmission Center in Parramatta. My trans dropped its guts so I rang three people close to home. ATC were the most accommodating with price & turnaround time. I got my car back and a few weeks later the engine mounts went. I replaced those, along with the transmission mount. After that, the car developed a vibration whilst stationary in drive, but not in neutral. I went back to ATC, keep in mind this is now 6-8 weeks after the changeover and explained the noise. They took the car back, put another tranny in and checked over all the other potential trouble spots. This took them over half a day to do a job they charge $1200 for. When they rang me to say the car is ready, the owner said ''no charge mate, if you're happy, I am happy'' I nearly fell over with shock as I honestly can't remember the last time I had something done for nothing. I went straight over to the pub across the road and bought the staff a 30 can block of VB and since then, I have taken two other cars in for service, along with a carton of cans each time. The way I see it, I get peace of mind knowing my cars get the extra mile and they get the extra business plus a few cold ones! Each time I go in, there is always a customers pride n joy, 66 427 Corvette, 32 Ford roadster, plus the usual performance euro's & tuners etc. These guys are not only great mechanics but enthusiasts too. Joe is one of the guys I deal with and his Ford knowledge alone is amazing. He spent over 30 mins helping me and explaining how things work, what is a waste of time and what works when it comes to building auto & manual 'boxes.

Last edited by au350hp; 05-09-2017 at 11:30 AM.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-10-2017, 09:34 AM   #156
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

HCW Automotive in Box Hill. Con and his team are a great bunch and know their stuff, simply don't try and bullsh*t their customers.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:07 PM   #157
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

D&J Ford Lithgow NSW. I dealt with a staff member named Linda and found her to be attentive, knew her role and organised the order, payment & dispatch with no fuss. It should not be difficult to ring a place of business, request information about a product, its suitability, availability and price. However, most times these days, you need to research the product/service yourself, and then try your luck by phone or in person. In this case, the staff member Linda used her initiative and followed the enquiry through from the start to dispatch. I sent management an email about her, outlaying pretty much what I have told you. A good turn returned.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #158
PaulXR50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cook’s tyres at Sumner Park - Brisbane. Really knows his stuff, is a 1 man business. No bs, good price and does best alignments.

Had new set of Michy ps4s tyres on the other week along with alignment car is better than new.
PaulXR50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:47 PM   #159
klyson

I'd recommend Penrith Sinclair Ford Service, had few issues nothing major, they got right onto it no problem all fixed
klyson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2018, 10:50 PM   #160
klyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
Northmead Exhausts in NSW. Way cheaper than anybody else, their work is 2nd to none. I have had three cars done their & every time it is spot on. Polite, professional & consistent. No suprise his been there coming up 20yrs.

PS: Now go to 'Geez I hate that!' to see where not to go in Sydney.
Definitely agree with that, had similar exprience
klyson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-03-2018, 09:18 PM   #161
lari1eye

Thumbs up Re: Outstanding service!!

Just like to thank the team at Fulcrum Hillcrest, Qld for the great job installing the new Super pro AU pinion diff bush.
Some patience was needed to remove the old steel shell outer of the bush, but they kept me informed all along. Thanks.
lari1eye is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2018, 04:28 PM   #162
CairnsXCGXL

Big thanks to the wonderful service from our member @vdo, great help and went above and beyond to help with my tacho. Really appreciate and highly recommend.
CairnsXCGXL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #163
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Big thanks to good old EBAY . I rang two local Ford dealership parts departments in the past week for the following .

Gas Struts for AU Falcon with spoiler and the pivot studs .

Best price for the struts was $140 and for the pivot ball only , not the stud as they're no longer available was $13 excluding postage . Hmmm.

Got on EBAY ,. Found the gas struts to suit Ford Falcon AU 1-2-3 built between 1998 and 2002 for sedan and for those with the spoiler for , wait for it , wait for it .......$35 , free postage too . Then I found the 10mm studs and pivot balls for $5.75 for 6mm thread or 8mm thread , so I got a pair of both for the same cost as what Ford wanted for the pivot ball only wqhich is useless anyway without the stud . I'd already sourced two new steering dust boots for same Falcon via EBAY for $18 for the pair and free postage .

Yesterday they arrived , so did the gas struts ant the pivots should be here Monday according to the tracking info .

This morning I tried one of the gas struts on the yet to let go side of the boot lid and fits into the ball socket fine behind the retaining clips . Although a bit of sloppiness that's due to the buggered pivot ball that's slightly better than the broken one on the other side . The new one will fit fine .

This is why Ford ****s me so often with the prices and growing frustration but faith restored when many items not specifically genuine required can be found via online retail or outright EBAY etc ...
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #164
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

To be fair to Ford (re my previous post) one of the guys at Tilford (Hobart) did give me the part numbers for genuine / cross reference etc.

Pivot ball is EFF43634A

Stud is V800241536D but was told no longer likely available

Spoiler compliant gas strut AU sedan 1998-2002 is ERF406A10B

Just incase anyone wants to track down genuine parts for boot lid issues .

So , I was happy about that via the chap at Tilford ..
Old 19-05-2018, 05:46 PM   #165
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Big thanks to good old EBAY . I rang two local Ford dealership parts departments in the past week for the following .

Gas Struts for AU Falcon with spoiler and the pivot studs .

Best price for the struts was $140 and for the pivot ball only , not the stud as they're no longer available was $13 excluding postage . Hmmm.

Got on EBAY ,. Found the gas struts to suit Ford Falcon AU 1-2-3 built between 1998 and 2002 for sedan and for those with the spoiler for , wait for it , wait for it .......$35 , free postage too . Then I found the 10mm studs and pivot balls for $5.75 for 6mm thread or 8mm thread , so I got a pair of both for the same cost as what Ford wanted for the pivot ball only wqhich is useless anyway without the stud . I'd already sourced two new steering dust boots for same Falcon via EBAY for $18 for the pair and free postage .

Yesterday they arrived , so did the gas struts ant the pivots should be here Monday according to the tracking info .

This morning I tried one of the gas struts on the yet to let go side of the boot lid and fits into the ball socket fine behind the retaining clips . Although a bit of sloppiness that's due to the buggered pivot ball that's slightly better than the broken one on the other side . The new one will fit fine .

This is why Ford ****s me so often with the prices and growing frustration but faith restored when many items not specifically genuine required can be found via online retail or outright EBAY etc ...
Agree and disagree, its good to see aftermarket components available when genuine is obsolete. From my history, the cheaper ones that although fit don't seem to last as long as the genuine, speaking in general terms that is, not specific to gas struts (front wheel bearing on a AU for an example).

I hope I am wrong in your case and that your purchase is a good one, but most times the genuine one is dearer for a good reason, but best to check as sometimes the genuine is cheaper also.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2018, 11:30 AM   #166
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Agree and disagree, its good to see aftermarket components available when genuine is obsolete. From my history, the cheaper ones that although fit don't seem to last as long as the genuine, speaking in general terms that is, not specific to gas struts (front wheel bearing on a AU for an example).

I hope I am wrong in your case and that your purchase is a good one, but most times the genuine one is dearer for a good reason, but best to check as sometimes the genuine is cheaper also.
Thanks ...I see your point .. With certain things , no compromise such as brake components , transmission stuff , drivetrain items etc but the dust boots I got came from a company called CV Joints Pty.Ltd Australia via their EBAY facility .On inspection they look perfectly fine but only time will tell if they let go any sooner to the original ones .

The gas struts if they fail fairly quickly it's only $35 down the drain but if they last several years it'll be a bonus . A lottery is correct . The studs though cannot be got from Ford so I was told although the pivots can be . Like a ship without a deck !!!!!...so to find the complete stud/pivot although there are two different threads I bought both , 6mm and 8mm was good . Got to drill and tap or weld anyway because the original surrounds are corroded to buggery , common fault apparently as it turns out .

Genuine v non genuine . About 7-8 years ago I bought a new Panasonic DV Camera but came with only a single battery . I rang the Authorised Panasonic dealer not too far from me and was told a second battery would cost $230 .

We have a crowd called Every Battery in Launceston who source all sorts of batteries for all sorts of things so I rang them . I was astounded to be told that they could provide the same battery , made by a licenced under Panasonic (Japanese company) with same 7.2V rating for $92 including postage . The salesman told me that the only difference was it wouldn't have the Panasonic logo on it . I use that camera to this day a lot and both batteries are still working and recharge the same . In that instance I could have paid $138 more for essentially the exact same item .

I think that this happens more and more over time .

Last edited by roddy1960; 20-05-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 20-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #167
carnutz
Starter Motor

Any good recommednations for panel beaters in Melb?

Heard some positive reviews for Brighton Panel Works from mates.. Tho we're a bit strapped for cash so a comparison would be good to start off with. Let me know! Thanks heaps

Cheers
carnutz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2018, 04:47 PM   #168
CairnsXCGXL

Second time I have used our fantastic member @vdo, this time to rebuild my 40 year old XC Fuel Sender. It is now so much better than factory and vdo's attention to detail and improvement on factory known problems is great. If you need work related to calibration or repairs, give vdo a hoy. Highly Recommended.
CairnsXCGXL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-12-2020, 11:42 AM   #169
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wanted to thank GTL for not only sourcing 'no longer in production' parts, but also safely delivering them to my home. Thanks again GTL, a true gentlemen.
Old 22-12-2020, 01:30 PM   #170
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Wanted to thank GTL for not only sourcing 'no longer in production' parts, but also safely delivering them to my home. Thanks again GTL, a true gentlemen.
Thanks Roostercam,

Glad to have been able to help!!

No need for the accolades though
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2021, 11:22 PM   #171
Schlick
Starter Motor

Hello all,
Line group Australian Muscle Cars now open for ease of sharing pics, videos and advice etc.. only 500 places available search by the above name and join now!
Schlick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2022, 05:27 AM   #172
marrkuss
Starter Motor

Thanks for Shannon's contact, my friend from Brisbane currently looking for someone there. He actually has a BMW)

Old 13-09-2022, 09:26 AM   #173
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Athol Park Wreckers (South Australia), 23 hours between phone order and delivery in Sydney.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2023, 08:44 PM   #174
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shout out to Shane at Dominelli's at Kirrawee in Sydney. Just had parts replaced, well out of warranty based on his advice, to claim of Ford HO. Has never batted an eyelid (other than in admiration) of the engine mods and tune. He's happy to talk to all enthusiasts regards dealer work.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2023, 11:42 AM   #175
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

So huge shoutout to Mike Blewitt Ford in Coffs Harbour. Yesterday my sister bought a 2021 Ford Escape ST-Line ZH Auto AWD. They flew her to Coffs from Canberra to pick it. She drove it back home to Canberra. Once she got it home she decided to do some spirited driving and quickly realised it was a FWD. She rang me immediately as she always does for car things. I told her to call them tomorrow and tell them that she wants a refund. If they are difficult, which I fully expected them to be, I would sort it out for her.

She called them this morning and they got her to send a few pics to confirm. The general manager then called her personally and told her they will give her a full refund. 30 minutes later they had refunded her, plus an extra $800 for her lost time and organised a company to pick up the car.

Excellent customer service that is so rare these days. I’ve been burnt by dealers a few times and this is the first good story I’ve ever had to tell about a Ford dealer. I was honestly expecting them to try and get her to keep the car or make the whole process difficult. So credit where it’s due.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:50 PM   #176
TICKFORD220
2009 Fg xr6 turbo

Would have been outstanding if they had have given her the right car in the first place,just wow....
Thats terrible.
TICKFORD220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2023, 03:07 PM   #177
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICKFORD220 View Post
Would have been outstanding if they had have given her the right car in the first place,just wow....
Thats terrible.
Large dealership with people that have no idea about cars and are just business people. I can totally see how it happened. Whilst it's not ideal, at least the after purchase care was second to none.