Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 30-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #331
csfulton

Default Re: LZ Focus (Thai Models)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve7181 View Post
In saying that i just went for a spirited drive with it out and although im probably not the best person to judge due to my lack of klms in this car but i did notice it sounded slightly more throaty on acceleration but definitely tame and not intrusive. From a performance aspect it would really be a guess to judge the difference but i had a smile on my face trying to find out.
Might be worth the purchase. Was the one you got the one you linked beforehand?
csfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2016, 05:28 PM   #332
Steve7181
Starter Motor

Yeah sure was. I did a little bit of shopping around and found bursons don't have the product code for it in their system and that repco charge just over $200 when ordered in. This website has great feedback from an xr5 page on Facebook so was happy to go with them.
Steve7181 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2016, 08:10 PM   #333
NormM67

Quote:
Yeah sure was. I did a little bit of shopping around and found bursons don't have the product code for it in their system and that repco charge just over $200 when ordered in. This website has great feedback from an xr5 page on Facebook so was happy to go with them.
Damn you mate.Looks like my savings account is going to take another hit very soon
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2016, 12:52 AM   #334
Steve7181
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormM67 View Post
Damn you mate.Looks like my savings account is going to take another hit very soon
Haha sorry mate but i figure anything that puts a smile on your face is money well spent.

I contacted the distributor from that site about running the filter with the bung removed and this is the reply i received.

"Hi Stephen,
It depends on the kind of driving to be honest.
If one is stuck in traffic then you are going to get a bit of heat soak effect until you are then moving again. If you are on the open road then there will be very little heat soak. Most like the bung removal option because when running higher than stock boost levels you can hear the BOV flutter. We use this air filter in the ST focus, the NA focus and the mk2 RS Focus. The difference from heat soack if bung is removed isn't noticeable to most (myself included) unless its a really stinking hot day and you are sat in heavy traffic."

I think that is convincing enough for me to run without the bung especially in winter 😊
Old 02-06-2016, 09:53 PM   #335
Steve7181
Starter Motor

Just wondering if anyone is aware of a way to stop the horn beeping when you walk away from the running car with the keys in your pocket? Ive gone to check the mail a few times at 3am while the cars warming up only for it to wake my misses and possibly the neighbors aswell.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:12 PM   #336
4cyl_Turbo

Quote:
Just wondering if anyone is aware of a way to stop the horn beeping when you walk away from the running car with the keys in your pocket? Ive gone to check the mail a few times at 3am while the cars warming up only for it to wake my misses and possibly the neighbors aswell.
Yeah, leave the keys in the car. 😜
2018 Ford Focus SA Titanium - white (current)
4cyl_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-06-2016, 11:27 PM   #337
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

This is the first car I have had for ages that I can't modify. Being brand new, I don't want to effect the warranty and also, it's eventually supposed to be the wife's car.

I changed up the headlight and high beam globes. Also, changed the puddle light globes in the mirrors. Hahaha

Can't wait until we upgrade her Fiesta for a car that's mine. :-)

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2016, 12:47 AM   #338
Steve7181
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorXR View Post
This is the first car I have had for ages that I can't modify. Being brand new, I don't want to effect the warranty and also, it's eventually supposed to be the wife's car.
Im in the same situation as was looking at an st till the golf the misses was going to drive blew its gearbox. So i needed an auto, now im falling in love with this car and don't want to part with it lol.
Ive got gel badge overlays on order aswell as focus caliper decals for when i get around to painting them and plasti dipping the wheels. I would of had an exhaust done already but the misses is even stricter than fords warranty guidelines 😂.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cyl_Turbo
Yeah, leave the keys in the car. 😜
Unfortunately common sense is lost to me at that time of the morning but maybe there is something they can do at the 3000km check
This user likes this post:
Old 03-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #339
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Pom View Post
Hold down audio power and press the search forward '>>|'. The screen goes blank for about 30 seconds and then completes a full reboot of Sync.
Well, it happened again; SYNC2 dropped out on me, but I did what you suggested and 'voila!' . . . . it rebooted, but unlike Master Reset, I didn't have to re-pair any phones or change any settings. Worked like a charm. Thanks so much!
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #340
to4garret
Starter Motor

Is there a way to replace the SYNC2 voice assist with SIRI?

In my Fiesta ST, with SYNC (1) if I hold the voice command button on the steering wheel for a few seconds it uses Siri, this is way more convenient way to use the phones functions.

It would be great if SYNC2 did this too, but I cant find an option for it.
to4garret is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #341
VicVic
Starter Motor

Thanks mad_pom!! I'll try that trick for sync2 issue. I love my little focus sport. Just on 22000 klms now and that's the only gripe I have. I wonder when the permanent fix is coming for it.
VicVic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2016, 10:59 PM   #342
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by to4garret View Post
Is there a way to replace the SYNC2 voice assist with SIRI?

In my Fiesta ST, with SYNC (1) if I hold the voice command button on the steering wheel for a few seconds it uses Siri, this is way more convenient way to use the phones functions.

It would be great if SYNC2 did this too, but I cant find an option for it.
The latest SYNC2 update has Siri Eyes which operates as you indicated with the button press. I don't know if this is the same thing.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #343
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Yes if you have the latest update it works the same as your sync 1 system.
I updated my Territory's sync 2 system and now Siri work fine.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2016, 11:56 PM   #344
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicVic View Post
Thanks mad_pom!! I'll try that trick for sync2 issue. I love my little focus sport. Just on 22000 klms now and that's the only gripe I have. I wonder when the permanent fix is coming for it.
It appears you have the same issue I have with bluetooth, USB and SD card connections dropping out. Mad_Pom's fix worked for me, but even so, it got me thinking.

I tracked down and article about SYNC2 and apparently the system reboots itself everyday while the car is switched off. When this reboot occurs wasn't mentioned. What was mentioned was that Ford decided to implement this reboot because SYNC2 sometimes falls out of sync! It was far easier to have it set up this way than for Ford to be inundated with complaints. Not surprisingly they blame Microsoft.

I will certainly mention this at my 15,000km service but in the meantime, I will be experimenting. If my connections drop out again, I won't manually reboot, but just leave it. Then see if the car fixes it itself.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:27 PM   #345
Mad_Pom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatonaPC© View Post
It appears you have the same issue I have with bluetooth, USB and SD card connections dropping out. Mad_Pom's fix worked for me, but even so, it got me thinking.

I tracked down and article about SYNC2 and apparently the system reboots itself everyday while the car is switched off. When this reboot occurs wasn't mentioned. What was mentioned was that Ford decided to implement this reboot because SYNC2 sometimes falls out of sync! It was far easier to have it set up this way than for Ford to be inundated with complaints. Not surprisingly they blame Microsoft.

I will certainly mention this at my 15,000km service but in the meantime, I will be experimenting. If my connections drop out again, I won't manually reboot, but just leave it. Then see if the car fixes it itself.
I left mine for 3 days before I found the reboot. Does not fix itself and in the mean time no Bluetooth or Nav
Old 08-06-2016, 11:38 PM   #346
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Pom View Post
I left mine for 3 days before I found the reboot. Does not fix itself and in the mean time no Bluetooth or Nav
Bummer! I'll bring the issue up at my next service. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #347
4cyl_Turbo

Quote:
I just installed the replacement filter
It's been a couple of weeks, how's the new air filter?

Have you received the gel badge overlays you had on order?
I was considering the carbon fibre looking ones.
2018 Ford Focus SA Titanium - white (current)
4cyl_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #348
Pman35
Starter Motor

Got the word from the dealership that my "Winning Blue" Focus Sport is now on a boat and should arrive circa 25/6 so starting to get excited! Would really appreciate some feedback and advice regarding upgrading to 18" alloys and if it any way detracts from the driving/performance?

I've read reviews that the Titanium with 18" alloys has a massive turning circle and can be a bumpy ride on country roads? My issue is I really don't like the wheels that are standard on the Sport and had already changed to the Trend upgrade 17' 5 x 2 spokes but I love the look of the 18" Black Panther Ford Faced alloys, think the black will contrast really well with the Winning Blue and dark tint but not knowledgeable enough to know if upgrading to the 18" will in any way negatively impact the driving experience/performance of the Sport with 17" alloys?
Pman35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2016, 11:00 PM   #349
Focii

Quote:
If you don't close the door behind you it won't beep.

I have the same thing when I get out to close our garage door. We live in a townhouse complex, and I'm pretty sure our many neighbours have been pretty ****ed off until I figured out that trick.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:32 PM   #350
Steve7181
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cyl_Turbo View Post
It's been a couple of weeks, how's the new air filter?

Have you received the gel badge overlays you had on order?
I was considering the carbon fibre looking ones.
The new filter is going well and is definitely more vocal with hard acceleration. My fuel consumption is showing identical to before at 9.8 on average but i think im driving more aggressive on my suburban circuit but with so many traffic variables on my short commute i would never achieve an accurate figure.
Ive got some bad news about the gel overlays as it seems i am receiving the final set from the supplier as after i ordered the manufacturer was served with copyright breaches and a healthy fine. They are no longer going to produce them but i have heard of some uk black market ones appearing from time to time on fb. My set is in the mail so eagerly awaiting the arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focii
If you don't close the door behind you it won't beep.
But how will i get the car all toasty lol.
That is great to know as it has become my pet peeve with the car recently, well i don't know if it's with the car or my ability to reenact the same event every morning.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #351
Steve7181
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pman35 View Post
I really don't like the wheels that are standard on the Sport and had already changed to the Trend upgrade 17' 5 x 2 spokes but I love the look of the 18" Black Panther Ford Faced alloys, think the black will contrast really well with the Winning Blue and dark tint
Congrats on the purchase and the blue looks great with any colour wheel imo. While i can't comment on the effect the 18"s would give to the ride have you thought about painting or plasti dipping the 17" trend wheels black? It could work out cheaper for a similar result without any negative ride issues. I don't mind the stock sport wheels but will plasti dip them black because it will look better on my magnetic plus the mrs is great at hitting gutters so it will protect them slightly plus i can just spray more on to hide chips 😆
Old 11-06-2016, 12:00 AM   #352
Pman35
Starter Motor

Hadn't considered that so gives me something to look into...cheers. I agree that the stock sport wheels painted black would look great with the magnetic colour.
Pman35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2016, 12:32 AM   #353
Steve7181
Starter Motor

I want to paint the calipers a dark blue aswell and already have 'focus' decals to clear coat on but the 24hr dry time for the paint to set properly is my only delay with just owning the one car. Hopefully soon though.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #354
FalconForce

Pretty proud of this little car, even though this is mostly freeway driving I think these are some pretty decent figures. This is to Daylesford and back, including the city/town driving at either end (including some rather exuberant driving after Bacchus Marsh)

Also about a week ago I loaded it up with about 350 to 400kg of cable and the bloody thing drove like it was empty! not even a blip on its radar.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13307375_1766000297008581_8777046004259625806_n.jpg (16.0 KB, 97 views)

What's scarier than the thunder? The Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Doesn't matter anyway whatever they do its wrong according to people on here.
FalconForce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #355
CatonaPC©

FalconForce: can you post your consumption figure? Pretty hard to read the numbers in the pic. Also, can you tell us what Model LZ Focus, manual, auto? etc. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #356
FalconForce

Quote:
can you post your consumption figure?
Sure, I wasn't sure if it was legible. It was Trip: 241.8, Avg: 6.4L per 100k, Range: 449K

So, 241.8 + 449= 690.8ks

Which, IMO is pretty good figures, I could probably get that down if I was a bit more economical on the country roads and I didn't get stuck behind a caravan that was scared to overtake a hay truck just outside Daylesford. I may also remove some of my "exuberant" driving.

What's scarier than the thunder? The Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Doesn't matter anyway whatever they do its wrong according to people on here.
FalconForce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2016, 07:18 PM   #357
Steve7181
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconForce View Post
So, 241.8 + 449= 690.8ks
Im yet to better 530kms using shell 98. I do allow a few minutes warm up time before each trip but i think the fault might be due to my right foot and the high traffic driving conditions more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorXR
Also, changed the puddle light globes in the mirrors. Hahaha
Since reading this i cant look at the puddle lights without thinking they look dull so thanks for that lol. Was it just a matter of removing the clear cover at the base or did you need to take the rear casing off?
Old 13-06-2016, 11:03 AM   #358
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Quote:
Since reading this i cant look at the puddle lights without thinking they look dull so thanks for that lol. Was it just a matter of removing the clear cover at the base or did you need to take the rear casing off?
It's more of a pain in the butt than it should be. Just manually move the mirror assembly back, then use the mirror adjustment to move the mirror outward. You can get a screw driver in there to push the clip for the lens to pop it downward. The clips are a pretty flimsy soft plastic. I got one pretty easy, but the other clip was sort of mashing, but it's all good now.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2016, 09:19 AM   #359
Steve7181
Starter Motor

Abit of an update on the gel overlays, when they did the facelift for the lz they changed the shape of the badge in that it is sunken in from the chrome surround meaning a std overlay dosent fit 😧 just incase anyone is trying to source some.
Old 20-06-2016, 09:48 PM   #360
NormM67

Hi guys,

I've had my car for 4.5 months now and with my dash cam, I'm always using my windscreen washers to keep to windscreen clean. How do you guys check your washer fluid levels as I must be running a bit low by now. With the reservoir tucked away where you can't see it, I have no idea if I'm starting to run low or not.

The manual lists a warning light that comes on when low but having a Trend, I'm not sure if my car has that indicator (the manual seems to list a lot of things that aren't actually installed).

Do all models (or any) have this indicator? If so does it come on when empty or when nearly empty?

Thanks,

Norm
NormM67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post