Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Mid North Coast Ford Owners Club

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
dreadly
Banned

Default New thread, Build threads/updates, general chit chat and advice?

Hey guy's, some of us got a little side tracked- myself included on the last thread. Gordy's the president and i respect him/ his opinion, so ill behave .

So How's everyones Fords?

I see joolz had a bit of bad luck with her wheels on the last cruise :(- hope its been sorted for her??

Monty's done some more work?

Molloy's xr6 turbo's always got something planed or sitting there waiting to be used lol?

Im still waiting for gordon and ultratune to get me my lp gas conversion kit?? :( ahhh its been forever....will probally change, cam, rockers and t/b aswell

Who's the best for tunning? julias performance? or does port have one?

Hope everyone has a great weekend ......

Also chit chat wise, the big day out looks like sucking *** next yr. The new macbook pro is awesome, and i feel like some macdonalds!
Thats better conversation? :

Old 03-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Mr_Monty
Noctunral by nature.

Sounds good to me, was going to start a topic earlier today titled random discussion... but this is close enuff.

but yeah Next is Pacemaker competition headers, hope you all like the sound it makes next time. paid for em today.

as to all the crazy goings ons, its the heat i swear it messes with ya.

Is links to cool youtube vids and ebay car stuff allowed?

i look forward to being a member now that my car is becoming worthy of taking.

So also, as i cant remember when would the lake elim run be on?

Thanks dreadly for the thread.

98 Au V8 Forte (1500 kilo car) LSD, Pacie comp extractors into pacie cats into lukey 3" exhaust, New ecu, Powerbond street balancer, injectors, tyres (on 17" tickford rims form factory) Slotted and cross drilled rotors front and back, New radiator and hoses new crank position sensor and cam sensor plus gear, new leads and iridium plugs and new accel coil packs.
New S5 solenoid.
plus flash tuner (SCT X3 flash tuner)
Old 03-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #3
Mr_Monty
Noctunral by nature.

just for the heck of it, im going to be chucking up my old cam (wade 1636 for ea-el) in the ford forums for sale section if anyone is interested.

hope ur all having a good day.

98 Au V8 Forte (1500 kilo car) LSD, Pacie comp extractors into pacie cats into lukey 3" exhaust, New ecu, Powerbond street balancer, injectors, tyres (on 17" tickford rims form factory) Slotted and cross drilled rotors front and back, New radiator and hoses new crank position sensor and cam sensor plus gear, new leads and iridium plugs and new accel coil packs.
New S5 solenoid.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
Mr_Monty
Noctunral by nature.

Well given the new thread says advice and being on a resource that is accessed via the net i think i might throw in some sage Internet service provider advice.

Choosing the right ISP

1. http://whirlpool.net.au/ is a good resource for finding the quality's and down fall of an ISP, you can find out about there quality of service by visiting the forum section and clicking on the isp or going to other isp and doing a search for there names. (dont think bigpond is good just because the have a famous add, there plans are some of the worst available and have many catches)

2. choosing the right plan, you can use the whirlpool resources for this aswell, but to begin it is good to get an estimate of how much you will be downloading.
For instance are you a frequent youtube user? do you participate in p2p services? does the ISP offer unmetered content that you would frequently use?
Remember 1 Gigabyte = 1024 megabytes so gigs is better!

Second to this is Value for money, Why pay Bigpond $60 for 1 gig when with another you can have 200gig for the same price give or take.

Also some ISP offer bundles with there plans, on a good reputable isp this can save some $$$

now Contracts as i have learned the hard way are actually they are there to protect you from the ISP, yes THEY ARE GREAT, "Why?" i hear you ask, well say i sign up to an unlimited quota 1.5mb adsl connection for $70 and 1 month later they change there plans for the worse... they take it from $70 to $85 and cut the quota to 50 gig, if your on a contract with this ISP is they are OBLIGATED to keep you as you are (if they dont advice coming for that below). If not on a contract Bad luck and if you dont like it CHURN.

3 big internet plan No no's

Excess data charges - on a high speed adsl2+ plan that can mean in 1 hour you can run up to a $3000 bill. choose a capped plan unless you have more cents the sense.

2 way metering - this means your downloads and uploads are counted towards your quota.
(3 ISPs guilty of this that i know of are TSN, Bigpond and optus<- there excuse was telstra did it why cant we?)

Quality of Service protocol - this is used by some ISP's to slow some services on you internet connection to a crawl.

Something to always read!

All ISP's use a thing called acceptable use policy READ THESE CAREFULLY alot of isp's in the past have claimed to be unlimited but cap there customers at a ridiculously little amount of downloads, as there AUP stated do not use more the say 10gig, you get the idea read them before buying.

Geez my ISP is crap what do i do?

If not under contract you can do this lovely process called churning, you call the ISP you want to goto, select the plan you want and for as little as $30 you have been transferred to them, saving you around $100. (churns can be done within a few days, remember afterwords to call your ISP as some wont follow the rules and take you off their books)

Oh Crap my ISP is screwing me!

1st call them and try to resolve the issue at hand if the result is not reached but need to be, call the TIO on 1800 062 058 http://www.tio.com.au/make_a_complaint.htm

I have waited many a month to get resolutions from ISP's, but with the when ever i have contacted the tio they have resolved my complaint within a day! :thebirds:

1 last thing!

1 in 2 aussies have broken international copyright laws!

awhile back America got Australia to sync our copyright laws with them thru the free trade agreement.

Afterwords the AFACT was formed (The Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft was established in 2004)

And get this they have not taken one Joe blogs sitting on the couch downloading greys anatomy and the simpsons movie to court, they do go after the people uploading the stuff tho. :

Now to my point a month or so back AFACT publicly admitted they have no intentions for going after the guy just downloading the stuff.

1 in 2 aussies after reading this feel.... safer.

No suggestions are implied by this, its just news and facts.

i hope you have enjoyed this as much as i did typing it.

New S5 solenoid.

Last edited by Mr_Monty; 03-10-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
Molloy
Captain beat down

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadly
Hey guy's, some of us got a little side tracked- myself included on the last thread. Gordy's the president and i respect him/ his opinion, so ill behave .

So How's everyones Fords?

I see joolz had a bit of bad luck with her wheels on the last cruise :(- hope its been sorted for her??

Monty's done some more work?

Molloy's xr6 turbo's always got something planed or sitting there waiting to be used lol?

Im still waiting for gordon and ultratune to get me my lp gas conversion kit?? :( ahhh its been forever....will probally change, cam, rockers and t/b aswell

Who's the best for tunning? julias performance? or does port have one?

Hope everyone has a great weekend ......

Also chit chat wise, the big day out looks like sucking *** next yr. The new macbook pro is awesome, and i feel like some macdonalds!
Thats better conversation? :
haha Lol yeah more sitting there waiting to get used, big pile of parts in my room just no time to put em in,
As for tuning goes Blacktrack automotive in newcastle is the go ive seen a 500+RWHP BA XR6T ute from them and it is very scary :thebirds:

Molloy's Build thread
Old 03-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #6
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But for Dreadly later on, Blacktrack don't do LPG unless this has changed in the last couple of months.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #7
xrbabe
exchaser

Thunderoo or Killerjoolz will be putting more info about this run when its getting a bit closer.

Last edited by xrbabe; 03-10-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #8
Mr_Monty
Noctunral by nature.

Well Whats everyones plans for there cars before the end of this year?

I hope to have either a manual conversion done or high stall and if going well a chiptorque chip hp4.

New S5 solenoid.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
Molloy
Captain beat down

400+rwhp will be taking it to eastern creek the day after its been tuned for a bit of fun.

Molloy's Build thread
Old 04-10-2008, 08:45 PM   #10
nj351
Ultra White

get my car back from very slow panel beaters :
Old 06-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #11
Cool_6
superroo

hey any chance of grabn a club shirt
Old 06-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #12
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_6
hey any chance of grabn a club shirt
The club only has 2 shirts left in stock !!!!!!! They are both XL. If this size is not suitable we have to order one in. We will bring them down on the trip to Lake Elim, and you can try it on there, or if you know this size is no good, let me know now, so we can order a shirt in for you in time for the next cruise. I think Simon Molloy has a medium, XL is the next size up.
1974 XB COUPE
NO TRACTION AT EASTERN CREEK

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
COLD AIR INTAKE BY PERFORMER SHAKERS
FULL X-FORCE QUAD TIPPED EXHAUST SYSTEM
Old 06-10-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
dreadly
Banned

Cool 6 didnt grab ya name last run.. Im peter with the dreads and xr8 ute. Ive got a medium too... So? Ya might even wanna small? ;)
Old 06-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #14
Cool_6
superroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderoo
The club only has 2 shirts left in stock !!!!!!! They are both XL. If this size is not suitable we have to order one in. We will bring them down on the trip to Lake Elim, and you can try it on there, or if you know this size is no good, let me know now, so we can order a shirt in for you in time for the next cruise. I think Simon Molloy has a medium, XL is the next size up.
I think a medium sould be right,could u order one in, cheers
Old 06-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #15
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_6
I think a medium sould be right,could u order one in, cheers
Ill get on it tommorow
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
Old 06-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #16
Cool_6
superroo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Cool 6 didnt grab ya name last run.. Im peter with the dreads and xr8 ute. Ive got a medium too... So? Ya might even wanna small? ;)
Hey dreadly im Petar yes with a A, thats a nice ute u got looks tough
Old 07-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #17
dreadly
Banned

Cheers bro.... are you for real ya names petar?
Lol whats that about? Ill let ya explain..... before i rip on ya ;)
So how old are you mate? where's abouts do you live?
Its a nice little capri you've got there! Screaming out when your off ya p's for a 302 ;) How hillarious we ever go out for a beer... intruduced to people as- yeah were both peter but hes with an a lol haha
Old 07-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #18
Cool_6
superroo

Quote:
Cheers bro.... are you for real ya names petar?
Lol whats that about? Ill let ya explain..... before i rip on ya ;)
So how old are you mate? where's abouts do you live?
Its a nice little capri you've got there! Screaming out when your off ya p's for a 302 ;) How hillarious we ever go out for a beer... intruduced to people as- yeah were both peter but hes with an a lol haha
Yeah mann with A, cos like dats how its spelt overseas, 20 years old unlike all u old buggers , yeah got a project capri with a 302 but would like to steal the engine out of your ute, thats the plan :
Old 08-10-2008, 04:03 AM   #19
dreadly
Banned

one guy tried already he's burried in a paddock down wagga way if ya wanna meet him lol :thebirds: old im only lke 6yrs older than you! overseas smoverseas we live in Australia lol : but hey i guess how its said not spelt that counts.

Last edited by dreadly; 08-10-2008 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #20
Molloy
Captain beat down

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO im off 2 the mountain this morning!! bring it!! nothing but fords! racing! girls! beer! FPR FOR THE WIN!

Molloy's Build thread
Old 08-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #21
dreadly
Banned

Molloy i so should have bid higher on those 2 tickets at the run! :( i dont even wanna really wanna go to this concert now- looks like being a real hassell plans have altered and im not impressed :( anyways bro have an awesome time ford 1, 2, 3
Old 11-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #22
Molloy
Captain beat down

my bathurst update live from the mountain, im wasted, fpr for the win,
The bogans on top of the mountain are crazy I almost got my head kicked in haha, now i need more beer as the top 10 shotout starts soon,
Look for the bogan in all the FPR gear wearing a big fpv flag as a cape as thats me bbyyyyyeeeee!!!

Molloy's Build thread
Old 11-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #23
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molloy
my bathurst update live from the mountain, im wasted, fpr for the win,
The bogans on top of the mountain are crazy I almost got my head kicked in haha, now i need more beer as the top 10 shotout starts soon,
Look for the bogan in all the FPR gear wearing a big fpv flag as a cape as thats me bbyyyyyeeeee!!!
excuse me Simon,but BOGANS do not own FORDS...... :...oh and PS I'm jealous....wish I was there too...lol

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
Old 12-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #24
thunderoo
Blueprint of Perfection

SSSSOOOOO FUNNY http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=rUYaJJbCjHE
1974 XB COUPE

HERS
BOSS 260 03 XR8 SEDAN
Old 13-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #25
Molloy
Captain beat down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQXgL...eature=related haha, Im home, im hung over, im sunburnt but we won, will put up pics when the phone re-charges

Molloy's Build thread
Old 13-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #26
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The trent one is pathetic. Molloys one sooooooooooooo much better.
Old 14-10-2008, 02:54 AM   #27
dreadly
Banned

deesun do you even have a sense of hummor??
Trent is an absolute ripper!!!
Old 14-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #28
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
deesun do you even have a sense of hummor??
Trent is an absolute ripper!!!
Must be getting old, didn't find it in the least bit funny. Sorry, I don't find drugged up, stoned, or brain dead druggo's funny. Even if it's put on. Reminds me of that Corey the party boy. :
Old 14-10-2008, 01:47 PM   #29
dreadly
Banned

OMG nothing like that tool corey!
He's ment to be an aussie bogan from the 80's.....
"awww might go up to woy woy, got a mate up in gosford" hahaha classic
Old 14-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #30
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

The Trent link breaks the site terms and conditions as does the above post,we won't be going for the hat trick.

New thread, Build threads/updates are fine but this thread has turned to rubbish.
Closed Thread