Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 01-05-2016, 10:08 PM   #31
bundybear75

Default Re: Buying second hand MC Mondeo titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchu View Post
Speaking of economy, I'm thinking mine isn't as good as it should be. Just did 700km round trip (melb to lakes entrance) and averaged 6.6l/100km. Reasonable loaded with 2 small kids, wife, dog. Does that sound about right?

With the up and down and slow and fast on that section of road, I would say your 6.6l/100km was right on the money.

I'm averaging 6.2l/100km with a regular freeway 96km each way commute with cruise set at indicated 115km/h (110km/h real speed) plus a little driving around town thrown in. Thats my ample frame, my work mate plus a few odds and ends in the back.

On a side note, I brought my Triton to work tonight and used as much fuel on the one way trip as I would return in the Mondeo. (12.7l/100km)
2010 Peugeot 308 HDi SW - Shaggin Wagon II
2016 VDJ200R Landcruiser GX Wagon - TTD V8 Power !
2017 Toyota RAV4 GX Wagon - Shopping trolley - Gone
2022 Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription - Shopping trolley II
2002 BMW R1150GS
bundybear75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2016, 10:50 PM   #32
Mondaveo

For what it's worth, my car is also indicating an average consumption of 6.6l/100km over the last 3-4 full tanks. Usage has been about 50% city and 50% highway, plus a couple of hours of stationary idling (because baby happened to be asleep) - I'm guessing it may not count that for calculating the mileage though.

6.6 is a bit higher than I expected to get, since with my driving style I usually beat the advertised consumption - can't complain though, since I only drive on weekends and a tank takes me so long between fills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2016, 10:38 PM   #33
rxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxj View Post
My 2011 MC Mondeo has started to do this and it is most notable at 1.5K RPM and with a steady throttle at 80Kph but this happens on a flat road. My car has 63K on the clock. I will have to take it to the dealer in the next few days to find out the exact problem.

Cheers, rxj
Dealer advised that at the last service when they replaced the transmission fluid they didn't fill it properly. They have topped up the fluid and it has made no difference, still jerky and not smooth. At the moment I'm driving it in sport shift mode. They have advised that no errors came up on the computer and don't believe the transmission was damaged as a result of the low fluid. May need to get a second opinion.

Cheers, rxj
2008 FG G6E Turbo
2009 SY II Territory Ghia AWD
2012 MC Mondeo Titanium Ecoboost
2018 MD Mondeo Titanium Ecoboost (Current)
rxj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2016, 04:30 PM   #34
Mondaveo

Quote:
Dealer advised that at the last service when they replaced the transmission fluid they didn't fill it properly. They have topped up the fluid and it has made no difference, still jerky and not smooth. At the moment I'm driving it in sport shift mode. They have advised that no errors came up on the computer and don't believe the transmission was damaged as a result of the low fluid. May need to get a second opinion.

Cheers, rxj
That doesn't sound too good. Hopefully they're right about no lasting damage, and it's just that the computer needs to re-learn the gearbox's characteristics.

What kind of symptoms are you getting? You say jerky and not smooth (on gear changes?), but earlier you indicated you had oscillating RPMs when driving at constant speed?

Curious if driving in manual sport shift should make much difference. The computer is still in charge of executing gear changes, the manual shifts are only "requests" to the computer to make a change.

Hope you'll keep us informed of how things turn out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #35
Binny

I tell you what I have been too busy to be paranoid about the powershift over the last 2 months due to fixing up our old house to sell and then moving house. So I have been "just driving it".

"Just driving it", in addition to my usual commutes etc has involved a lot of towing cage trailers doing runs to the dump and moving furniture. Also with the back seat folded and full to the brim with belongings for multiple trips between houses. Its amazing how much you can fit into one of these things. So much more than the sedans I have owned before.

It's now about due for the 105k service and it has not missed a beat. According to the weighbridge at the dump one trip the combined weight of car + trailer + family was 2.7 tonne. It really is amazing how that little diesel can move that much weight so easily.
And the long term consumption is sitting on 6.1.
Time to give it some TLC and a detail inside and out this weekend. It's
earned it.
Old 17-05-2016, 08:19 AM   #36
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers, rxj
At least they admitted it. Was the box OK before the service?
Old 17-05-2016, 09:29 PM   #37
rxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6 View Post
At least they admitted it. Was the box OK before the service?
Yes the box was OK before the scheduled service.

Cheers,

rxj
2008 FG G6E Turbo
Old 17-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #38
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems pretty obvious what happened then. They may not have told you the whole story!
Old 20-05-2016, 09:29 PM   #39
rxj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaveo View Post
That doesn't sound too good. Hopefully they're right about no lasting damage, and it's just that the computer needs to re-learn the gearbox's characteristics.

What kind of symptoms are you getting? You say jerky and not smooth (on gear changes?), but earlier you indicated you had oscillating RPMs when driving at constant speed?

Curious if driving in manual sport shift should make much difference. The computer is still in charge of executing gear changes, the manual shifts are only "requests" to the computer to make a change.

Hope you'll keep us informed of how things turn out!
Driving in manual sport shift mode provided a better driving experience since I was able to request the shifts as you mentioned. However, since the last post I have found that the computer has appeared to relearn the gears and now I no longer have an issue. Not sure whether driving it using the manual shift mode made any difference or just coincidence.

Cheers,

rxj
2008 FG G6E Turbo