Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question Who is Ngaire Dawn Fair ???

"IN THE past few months we’ve received plenty of requests to track down the woman from the Ford commercials.
And a quick Google search reveals that our readers aren’t the only ones with a slightly creepy obsession with her.
There’s a Facebook page called “The Ford ad girl” dedicated to the woman and under each of the commercials on YouTube are an endless number of comments from people who have been “spellbound” by her appearances.
So, ask and you shall receive.
Her name is Ngaire Dawn Fair and she’s an actress whose first on screen role was actually in Neighbours way back in 2003.
“I think my name was Susie Stocks,” Ms. Faire recalled to news.com.au about her time on the soap, “I worked at the swimming pool.”
“I remember someone having a tanty in the makeup caravan and I was shocked. I don’t actually remember who it was. And I remember thinking, ‘Oh, this is what it’s like in the industry?’”
Other TV appearances followed in the coming years in such shows as Rush, Winners & Losers and The Slap.

Ngaire Dawn Fair now lives in the US.Source:Supplied
Ms Fair also did a five-year stretch with Melbourne ensemble theatre company Red Stitch and appeared in the films Crawlspace and Holding the Man.
But despite a successful and varied acting career, Ms Fair is most recognised for her role in the Ford dealership commercials.
“It just started out as one little ad a few years ago,” the now US-based actress said.
“One of the dealer’s came up to me [during filming] and said, ‘I never thought a woman could sell a truck.’ I think they liked that it was a shift in gender stereotyping which is good.”
Since then Ms Fair has appeared in a number of Ford commercials, so many in fact that she sometimes gets a little confused.
“It’s funny when we go back to shoot another ad, the scripts are often similar,” she said.
“I’ll go to do a take and start with the new script and I’ll finish the sentence off with a line from a script from a year ago.”
Ms Faire’s appearances in the commercials, which she says take roughly 12 hours to film, have made her an object of affection and discussion online, with one post on The Ford ad girl Facebook page asking fans if they prefer her with “fringe or no fringe?”
“I don’t look at any of that stuff in case someone says something mean,” she said about the online adulation, “I’d just get upset.”

You can expect to see plenty more of Ngaire in this year’s Ford ads.Source:Supplied
The Aussie star said she rarely gets recognised in the streets, probably because “I wear so much makeup in the ads,” but randomly she did get recognised by an Aussie in Los Angeles a few weeks ago when she relocated there with her husband.
“I’ve been back and forth between Melbourne and LA quite a lot over the past few years,” she said.
“My husband has a production company and we’re working on a few projects over in LA and securing funding for a few of our own creative endeavours.”
But her legion of adoring fans will be happy to hear the overseas move won’t bring an end to her appearances in the Ford commercials.
“We’re going ahead for another year which is fantastic,” Ms Fair said.
“I didn’t think Ford was going to be quite the gift that keeps on giving like it has been. It’s been amazing and I’m so grateful.”
Ngaire Dawn Fair will head back to Australia shortly to appear in The Flick at the Queensland Performing Arts Centre."
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...871f0d1b20d4fd
Old 20-01-2017, 04:21 PM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default Re: Who is Ngaire Dawn Fair ???

another thread with the main topic centering around her, post 38 links similar story.
Anyone wanting to continue the discussion can do so in the Bar thread.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1459252&page=2

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread