Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 10-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #1
AllCoupedUp
Garage Dreaming...

Location: In the garage - waiting for the car to build itself!!
Default MD Tow Bar - Wagon

Anyone had a tow bar fitted to their MD wagon?

Either dealer fit or aftermarket - I'm interested to see pics and thoughts.

Thanks
AllCoupedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2016, 08:32 AM   #2
AndrewMac
Starter Motor

Default Re: MD Tow Bar - Wagon

I have had one fitted - dealer genuine.

It's the box hitch type and it sticks out quite far when the tongue/ball is attached so I leave the hitch out unless towing. I'll take some pics when I can.

The interesting thing is the pin that goes in through the hitch that holds in in place has a spring and a screw in it. I have never come across one like that before. It is probably better and means the hitch doesn't move around as much and make noise/rattles, but sometimes it can be a pain to get out if it has misaligned itself slightly while towing.
AndrewMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #3
AndrewMac
Starter Motor

Default Re: MD Tow Bar - Wagon

Some pics as requested are attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160810_172514.jpg (87.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 20160810_172635.jpg (81.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20160810_172650.jpg (77.0 KB, 32 views)
AndrewMac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post