Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 22-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Cougar2K
Starter Motor

Default Cougar: Body Parts/Panels?

G'day All,

A newbie to these parts as just happened across this forum earlier today so hope you'll go easy on me... :

I was wondering if somebody may be able to assist with an inquiry.

I've got my hands on a 2000 model Cougar which has been involved in a bingle/damaged to the driver side R/H front. The remainder of the car inside and out seems to be otherwise in great nick.
Owner didn't want to go through the hassle or expense of fixing it up but I've always loved the shape, look and aura of the car so would love to hopefully see the Cougar resurrected and back on the road!

The car should definitely be repairable but I guess it's a matter of just at what cost?! As a project of sorts, I want to fix up the car and my brother in law is quite the motor head is in for the ride too. (no pun intended!).

I believe any suspension parts needed I should be able to source OK and at much cheaper rate than going Ford hopefully! My dilemma is however the car does potentially need a new (maybe second hand?) R/H front fender and likely front bumper too.

Rang Ford and they have quoted me in the vicinity of around $1K to $1.5K each for those type of parts!

Am I best served to go through Ford for the sake or 'new' parts originality and genuine or are there other avenues through wreckers or the USA I could/should pursue?
I know Cougars have tended to be a bit scarce in Oz. Specially here on the west coast where I am!

Anyway, thanks in advance for any leads and or feedback that comes my way and excuse my long winded rant for a 1st post!

Cheers,
Paul

Cougar2K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
thearrow

I can help you with this no problem.....you got mail.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

From your user name this wouldn't happen to be the cougar on ebay which they where asking roughly $2000?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Cougar2K
Starter Motor

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies.

thearrow,
Much appreciate the offer of assistance and I shall certainly be checking mail as suggested!

Polyal
No I'm on the west coast.
If the car you are referring to is the one I'm thinking of, that is located somewhere over on east coast.

Cheers,
Cougar2K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post