Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc

New and Classic Ford Association of Australia Inc A Queensland based club for all Ford models of all ages of Show “n” Shine standard.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #31
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightninGStrike FPV
I haven't used a full tank yet so not sure what the economy will be like. I have read and been told by many that they are quite heavy on fuel till they loosen up, the 8s more than 6s. I know people that have had theirs cars on race tracks with less than 500kms on the clock and had no trouble with them. As a general rule drive it as normal, give it a bit of stick every now and then, don't red line it to often and all should be sweet. Well that's what I'm doing. But most important especially with the turbo, change your oil regularly every 7500mks after the first 3000km change. Ford quote 15000k changes that is to far apart for turbos.
PS: I dont think they change the oil at 3000km to be honest

I thought it was a complimentary piece of mind check
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #32
lightninGStrike FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
PS: I dont think they change the oil at 3000km to be honest

I thought it was a complimentary piece of mind check
Well if they don't I will be.
Yeah they probably hook it up to the computer to see if there are any faults recorded and if we have nothing we want fixed they then put it back in the car park.lol.
lightninGStrike FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #33
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Nice ...... Great choice over the G6ET being Limited run
Don't know if I would have the heart to have towbar on mine if I had one hehe
unless i had my seadoo - then it would look cool

Njoy it the way its meant to be

cheers
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #34
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No mods for now, I will enjoy it the way FPV intended.
Spent heaps on my XR6 turbo so been there done that.
Catback exhaust at least!!

Get her singing the way a v8 should
Old 07-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #35
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I haven't used a full tank yet so not sure what the economy will be like. I have read and been told by many that they are quite heavy on fuel till they loosen up, the 8s more than 6s. I know people that have had theirs cars on race tracks with less than 500kms on the clock and had no trouble with them. As a general rule drive it as normal, give it a bit of stick every now and then, don't red line it to often and all should be sweet. Well that's what I'm doing. But most important especially with the turbo, change your oil regularly every 7500mks after the first 3000km change. Ford quote 15000k changes that is to far apart for turbos.
All that is right. The dealer will not change your oil at the 3000k service unless you stipulate it.

When I had my XR8 I did exactly as you listed, oil change at 3000 then at 7500 then every 7500k's after that.

A very nice looking car, congratulations. Hope you enjoy it, which I am sure you will.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #36
lightninGStrike FPV

Just about ready to book in my 3000km service. All good no complaints, so far, except an annoying rattle in the drivers door : trim rubbing on metal I think. Will get Ford to fix it, if I pull off trim you can bet a plastic clip will break.
I wonder how much Ford will slug me to change the oil on their "complimentary" Inspection. lol.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #37
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
I wonder how much Ford will slug me to change the oil on their "complimentary" Inspection. lol.
About $137 - oil and filter

Edit: 50 cents out!

10/08/2009 ESSENDON FORD ESSENDON NTHVIC $137.50
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #38
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just about ready to book in my 3000km service. All good no complaints, so far, except an annoying rattle in the drivers door : trim rubbing on metal I think. Will get Ford to fix it, if I pull off trim you can bet a plastic clip will break.
Change it yourself Heath.
I changed the oil & filter in mine at 3000 then 7500 and every 7500 after that.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #39
lightninGStrike FPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
Change it yourself Heath.
I changed the oil & filter in mine at 3000 then 7500 and every 7500 after that.
At least I know good oil has been used if I do it myself.