Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 23-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 
Default URGENTLY looking for Cougar Parts

Need some help with spares for a Cougar restoration (front guard and headlight needed). Believe there is a chap in Shepparton - does anyone know who this could be? Any assistance with this would be appreciated.

Regards
Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
thearrow

The headlights are very difficult to obtain, believe me I know as I have just done it, and in the end found a pair on e-bay in the UK though a wrecker. They took forever to get here, three months, as they sent them surface mail apart from that the transaction went relatively smoothly and they slotted straight in.

For these cars e-bay is your best friend for parts.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
scout

There was a wrecker in Sydney I think they are called ForMaz and they had a set of lights out of a 99 model would have been a couple of months ago.
Trev
scout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
dragontx33
Starter Motor

I can help you out brother i got cougar lights both of em if u need em give me a call on 0430551199
dragontx33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
thearrow

dragon re they the ones with the bumps on them??
Old 14-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #6
dragontx33
Starter Motor

yeah they are mate with the bumps
Old 14-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
thearrow

You will be able to sell the headlights in the USA no problem as they are a very sought after item - often described as Aussie Headlights - as in the USA none of them had the bumps on them.

You will need to register on this site and go to the "for sale" thread and take it from there.

http://www.newcougar.org/forums/

Apart from that I don't think you will have many options - was this car wrecked or what??? Why can't it be repaired???
Old 16-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #8
dragontx33
Starter Motor

i bought it from syd and had probs with papers and i cnt register it,and even if i could reg da car it costs to much 2fix.