Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #91
DeKa

Default Re: The Oil Change Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
2011 - 2.0L Petrol models, the Ford service book does recommend to use 5w/30?
You may want to start a new thread for LW Focus Oil Changes. It is a different engine, the 2.0L Duratec GDI which I believe requires 5W-20 with Ford Specification WSS-M2C945-A, not 5W-30.
DeKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #92
prlamb
Starter Motor

Default Re: LS-LV Focus Duratec-HE 2L Oil Change Thread

thanks this is a great thread
prlamb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #93
josem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainlube
Mainlube has just released a new Mainlube 175 Synthetic Race SAE 0w40 designed for the Ford Focus, diesel and petrol.

Spec's cover the exhaust soot filter for the diesel.

Retail is $29.50 +gst.

Cheers

Steve
Does anyone know where I can get this mainlube in Sydney ? Went to SCA and Repco and they do not have this brand in stock.
josem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #94
Mainlube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by josem
Does anyone know where I can get this mainlube in Sydney ? Went to SCA and Repco and they do not have this brand in stock.
Mainlube Lubricants
14 Underwood Ave
Botany NSW 2019

9700-0880

Aaron has taken over this area.

Cheers

Steve
Mainlube 154 Synthetic Solid Boundary E P Gear Oil SAE 75w140 (diff)

www.Mainlube.com.au
Mainlube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #95
DeKa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKa View Post
I notice you guys don't seem to be using oil which meets Ford's certifications - 5W-30 which meets Ford M2C913-B or M2C913-C (which succeeds -B).

Liqui-Moly LEICHTLAUF SPECIAL 5W-30

Liqui Moly have an oil which meets WSS-M2C 913 C called Leichtlauf Special F 5 W-30

The Australian importer isn't importing it yet.
Old 14-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #96
ragged
Starter Motor

I did an oil change today on the GF's 3/2007 Focus today and could not find the power steering fluid reservoir. It has 'Dura Tec He' on top of the engine if that helps to identify where it might be? I was a bit confused with which filter to use as Ryco Z632 was listed as equivalent to Motorcraft AFL4. I used Penrite fully synthetic HPR 5 5W 40. Not only could I not find the power steering reservoir, but it was extremely difficult seeing the oil level on the dipstick. Am I going blind?
Cheers Dave
ragged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #97
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

The power steering reservoir is under the right headlight.

I use Motorcraft AFL4 as well.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #98
lukerutten
DF LTD..... Luxury

If your local mechanic has put the sump plug on to tight, use a rattle gun to get it off. They have probably done it up with a rattle gun if they are lazy. for those in melbourne elfoil and total oil have a direct shop on south gippsland hwy near katoomba and motorsport

A.K.A The Barge
lukerutten is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #99
Alpha_omega
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKa View Post
Liqui Moly have an oil which meets WSS-M2C 913 C called Leichtlauf Special F 5 W-30

The Australian importer isn't importing it yet.
I have spoken to local importer about getting the Ford spec "Ford WSS-M2C 913-C" oil which they recommend for the LW Focus.

According to them they are now started importing Leichtlauf Special F 5W-30, which has that specific compatibility.

The oil is currently available through this website
https://thecarcarestore.com.au/item_....php?code=3853

and hopefully soon from your local auto store.
Alpha_omega is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #100
DeKa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_omega View Post
I have spoken to local importer about getting the Ford spec "Ford WSS-M2C 913-C" oil which they recommend for the LW Focus.

According to them they are now started importing Leichtlauf Special F 5W-30, which has that specific compatibility.

The oil is currently available through this website
https://thecarcarestore.com.au/item_....php?code=3853

and hopefully soon from your local auto store.
This thread is for the Duratec HE engine.
You should start a new thread for the GDI engine in the LW Focus.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #101
rand0mn00b

That oil would suit the HE engines as well...
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #102
josem

Hi guys, I have the new 2012 1.6 litre Focus Ambiente. The manual says to use oil that meets the WSS-M2C945 spec. I think this spec refers mainly to the 2.0 litre petrol and diesel engines. Since my engine is exactly the same as the 1.6 Fiesta duratec engine, can I use any 5w-30 oil or any oil that meets WSS-M2C913 whick works for fiesta ?
josem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #103
stanwnuk
Starter Motor

Hi, can antone tell me how to change the oil filter in a 2010 LV focus diesel.
stanwnuk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #104
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a messy job! It is an internal filter inside a plastic container at the front of the drivers side of the motor,
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #105
stanwnuk
Starter Motor

Thanks. seen , its got what look like 2 locking clips on it . do need to remove them before i unscrew it.
stanwnuk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #106
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That one sounds like the fuel filter housing if it has tube running in and one out toward the top of the motor its the fuel filter housing. Look to the right and down about half way down the front of the engine Needs a big socket to undo the top as it screws, Be careful as I do not know how much abuse the plastic will take.
It has a "O" ring on the cap.
Old 22-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #107
AusCaRnAgEr
1982 Ford XE Falcon 351

Turns out the ford mechanic that did our last oil change completely stripped the sump bolt.
So how and where can I get a replacement? Had a quick look on ebay but not sure which one would work....
AusCaRnAgEr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #108
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the dealer has them and they are not expensive, My dealer had them in stock which tells you it is a common event!
This user likes this post:
Old 24-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #109
AusCaRnAgEr
1982 Ford XE Falcon 351

Well I just went to my local dealer $38.
I don't think that is 'not expensive'.
In fact, its probably why ****head Ford is going out of business.
AusCaRnAgEr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #110
rand0mn00b

An update on the approved oils situation...

Well I recently had the car serviced and this is the first time I've used the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C approved Liqui Moly Leichtlauf Special F 5W-30

It's certainly no worse than the Ford WSS-M2C 913-B approved Liqui Moly Leichtlauf Special 5W-30 that I was using before it, and it seems that power at low revs is a delivered smoother. Engine doesn't seem to labour as easily such as when going slow over speed humps or when I'm a bit slow on the clutch taking off.

Anyway decided to have a look around at what is now available on the market and noticed that the Penrite HPR 5 (5W-40) Full Syn now meets Ford WSS-M2C 913-B. Being 5w40 this oil should offer better protection in hotter climates, especially our summers... and this oil should be readily available at any Autobarn or Supercheap which is a big plus in my books

Have also found the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C approved AnglomOil Roadmaster GEO 550F is quite readily available around Sydney but only in 20 litre drums =\

However... I decided to enquire into Total oils again since my experience using Elf oils has been positive and good news! I have been emailing to and fro with the NSW distributor for Total oils and the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C approved Total Quartz 9000 Future NFC 5W30 can now be ordered in!

The oil is available in a box of 3 x 5litre bottles for $149.82 plus gst and free delivery in Sydney metro which is a lot less per bottle than I'm currently paying for the Liqui Moly.

They're waiting for stock but I think I will buy some. Since I do changes at 7,500km I'll get through them pretty quickly but if anyone around western Sydney wants some I'll be happy to let go of a bottle or 2
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #111
LordFordNZ

Slightly off-topic, what is the oil requirement for a 2010 XR5?...will a 5/30 oil do the trick here?
Old 21-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #112
DeKa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFordNZ View Post
Slightly off-topic, what is the oil requirement for a 2010 XR5?...will a 5/30 oil do the trick here?
There is more to it than 5W30. It needs to meet WSS-M2C913-C for the XR5. The last few posts will help you find WSS-M2C913-C oil.
Old 29-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #113
tomtoms91
Starter Motor

I just bought a 2014 Focus Sport with the 2L Duratec - I have 4 or 5 bottles of Castrol Edge 5W-30, is this fine for the car (I'd like to do oil changes ever 6 months and at 3000km)? The Castrol website recommends Castrol Magnatec 5W-30.
tomtoms91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2014, 10:20 PM   #114
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Edge should be fine, full synthetic.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #115
Imolator
Quad Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtoms91 View Post
I just bought a 2014 Focus Sport with the 2L Duratec - I have 4 or 5 bottles of Castrol Edge 5W-30, is this fine for the car (I'd like to do oil changes ever 6 months and at 3000km)? The Castrol website recommends Castrol Magnatec 5W-30.
I wouldn't use that oil during warranty as it doesn't meet ford's spec. Your Focus uses direct injection and needs a low saps oil which the Castrol Edge is not.

Use the following oil it fully meets Ford's spec:

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...ecommendations
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #116
phewyl
Starter Motor

Is it necessary to put both the front and the rear of the car on stands for oil change? If only the front is on stands, will some of old oil still be trapped unflushed?
phewyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #117
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phewyl View Post
Is it necessary to put both the front and the rear of the car on stands for oil change? If only the front is on stands, will some of old oil still be trapped unflushed?
Possibly yes. But by putting just the front of the car up on jack stands, you could also argue that the car is tilted back towards where the oil exits through the sump drain hole, which is rearward facing.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 04:23 PM   #118
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I've always just jacked up the front of the car and put it on stands
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #119
Alpha_omega
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0mn00b View Post
An update on the approved oils situation...

Well I recently had the car serviced and this is the first time I've used the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C approved Liqui Moly Leichtlauf Special F 5W-30

It's certainly no worse than the Ford WSS-M2C 913-B approved Liqui Moly Leichtlauf Special 5W-30 that I was using before it, and it seems that power at low revs is a delivered smoother. Engine doesn't seem to labour as easily such as when going slow over speed humps or when I'm a bit slow on the clutch taking off.

Anyway decided to have a look around at what is now available on the market and noticed that the Penrite HPR 5 (5W-40) Full Syn now meets Ford WSS-M2C 913-B. Being 5w40 this oil should offer better protection in hotter climates, especially our summers... and this oil should be readily available at any Autobarn or Supercheap which is a big plus in my books

Have also found the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C approved AnglomOil Roadmaster GEO 550F is quite readily available around Sydney but only in 20 litre drums =\

However... I decided to enquire into Total oils again since my experience using Elf oils has been positive and good news! I have been emailing to and fro with the NSW distributor for Total oils and the Ford WSS-M2C 913-C approved Total Quartz 9000 Future NFC 5W30 can now be ordered in!

The oil is available in a box of 3 x 5litre bottles for $149.82 plus gst and free delivery in Sydney metro which is a lot less per bottle than I'm currently paying for the Liqui Moly.

They're waiting for stock but I think I will buy some. Since I do changes at 7,500km I'll get through them pretty quickly but if anyone around western Sydney wants some I'll be happy to let go of a bottle or 2

Hi rand0mn00b, how are you finding the ELF oil ? is it better or comparable to liquid moly and could you tell me where in sydney you are buying them from, that price is pretty good, thanks.
Alpha_omega is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2017, 09:04 PM   #120
290v
290v

Crankcase
SYNPOWER FE 5W-30
SynPower FE 5W-30 is a premium full synthetic engine oil designed for use in modern Ford engines with the intent to reduce exhaust emissions and improve fuel efficiency calling for Ford WSS-M2C-913-D, C, B and A. Also suitable for other passenger cars where ACEA A5/B5 or API SL/CF is recommended.
or SYNPOWER ENV C2 5W-30
Valvoline SynPower ENV C2 is a premium fully synthetic engine oil specifically designed for use a catalyst compatible oil in Light Duty Diesel vehicles with DPFs, SCRs and petrol engines with 3 way Catalysts.
Service Refill Capacity: 4.3* Litres