Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #31
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

God invented Holden to keep these kinda idiots out of Fords, It is annoying that people will bag you for owning or liking Fords even if they cant afford a car! :
Old 14-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #32
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What makes it great is that the one guy who keeps persisting on Ford being crap is that he is a bogan who owns a 90s Nissan Patrol, who supports Holden and has no facts to back up any of his statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #33
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whilst i am a dedicated ford person who even thought the series I AU was ugly,
I can & do appreciate other makes and the time & effort put into them either restoring as original (My preference) or slightly modified.
I think it boils down to complete ignorance on the "knockers" part.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #34
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Id be interested in a survey....

Those that consider themselves Holden people
Those that consider themselves Ford people
Those that like Aussie cars but ride the fence (looks in mirror)
Those that reckon Aussie cars are second rate to their admittedly fast but soulless Japanese counterparts
Those that dont care for cars at all
(ignoring Euros etc for the sake of the argument)
I reckon group 4 and 5 have grown substantially in the last 10 years.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #35
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by calais
I have come across such comments with the one show I took my pride and joy to, It was the Z car club rally, (the one club who would let me show my car, A 1983 Mitsubishi Scorpion which has been fully restored) I was 20 at the time, and had just spent 4 years slowly rebuilding it, and really thought it was something out of the ordinary until the "concourse" judges wouldnt even look at it in its division " because it was without pedigree" and then went on to call it a "waste of their time". I have never shown the car again, and never will, To me cars are a personal thing, that enthusiasts grow attached to for reasons that sadly the majority of onlookers or passers by just never understand.

I take great pride in taking care of my vehicles, because it makes me feel good, and when some tool cruises past driving whatever he or she chooses and passes negative comment on either my Fiat Punto, Mitsubishi Scorpion, or Fiesta Ghia, I have nothing to say back to them. They quite simply arent worth the effort.

I have just ordered an XR6T ute and expect a lot of negative comments about why I didnt buy a Holden, and as I feel inside, Its my car, I have to drive it, I have to maintain it, Its my choice. I think thats the real reward of being an enthusiast, not winning awards, but simply being proud of what you have chosen and representing the brand or vehicle as well as you can in your own way.

Cheers,

Ash.
Post some pics up of your cars.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #36
yetchh
go bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew
Those that reckon Aussie cars are second rate to their admittedly fast but soulless Japanese counterparts

soulless!!!.. how?, theyre all equal in my eyes, just doing things differently
1977 RX4/929 coupe in epoxy finally
1976 121 Cosmo 2l turbo
yetchh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #37
yetchh
go bro

can someone enlighten me as to how this is soulless

1977 RX4/929 coupe in epoxy finally
1976 121 Cosmo 2l turbo
yetchh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #38
calais
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Pics as requested

My Fiat on a trip back to Townsville.

My Scorpion

I dont want to Hi-jack this thread though..........
calais is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #39
richa
handsomest man in showbiz

Red face mmm...Finally the voice of reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I'd suggest choosing friends more carefully.
Read this thread from the beginning,and up to Falcon coupes' Post...

Nuff Said...

'72 GS
richa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #40
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthAu
The reality is there are alot of dipshits out there, alot of them are chicks. Ford suck and Holden rules, but the bulk of these dropkicks won't even be able to tell you what model or year any particular Holden is.
Being a "Chick" has nothing to do with it. A drop kick is a drop kick regardless of gender.

I wouldnt know a new model Ford or Holden to save myself!! but show me a car from the 70's and I can usually tell you what make and model it is with about a 90% accuracy... (No one's perfect!)
Old 14-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #41
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
I'd suggest choosing friends more carefully.
+1

one would have to wonder if they are in fact true friends

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #42
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT69
Today i was out on the foot path, warming the XR up
Why? or did you mean the XB?

But yeah I hear what you're saying. I know too many people like your friends :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #43
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

I completely feel and understand where you are coming from mate, after all these years owning Fords people just don't really show the respect they should towards something we own (The Blue Oval).

"Ah its just a bloody Ford who cares is all I hear all the time" : :

No respect I really know how you feel but at the end of the day you look at what you have in your garage and truelly that is what makes you smile day by day

Cheers

Nick
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #44
nickd
Passionate Ford XD XE nut

Thumbs up

and by the way YOUR CARS ARE MINT!!!!!
nickd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #45
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetchh
can someone enlighten me as to how this is soulless
*pic removed*
Mate that's an E-type Jag. There are better examples then that.
Old 14-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #46
FPV GT40
Banned

Holdens were made to keep peanuts out of Fords.

I have the same, three of my mates that are the most passionate about Ford being crap and Holdens being the best drive a Suzuki Swift, Toyota Corrolla and Nissan of some sort respectively : ......I own two Falcons.

For years I copped it whenever Bathurst was on.....but now I rub it in hard, and they hate it ......the sticker is the best $20 I have ever spend :

FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #47
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Clearly your friends are right. That XB is rubbish now sell it to me quickly and cheaply so you won't have to put up with the shame of it any longer. yelrotflm

I am curious though, what do these Holden heads drive? Are they like so many that love Holden and drive a Hyundai.
Old 14-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #48
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who cares what other people think I have a friend who is buying a new car and asked me for advice I told him to look at the car see if he fits in it ok are the seats comfortable take it from there if he likes the look of it fits in it then start asking questions about brands and quality warranty performance.
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #49
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myts
I am curious though, what do these Holden heads drive? Are they like so many that love Holden and drive a Hyundai.
Quote:
Now, I'm not sure what annoyed me more, that both drive excels but fly the holden flag with ridiculous enthusiasm.
Ding ding!! Give the man a roast!!
Old 14-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #50
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i was told by a local skyline owner that "all holdens and fords look the same, at least mine is different"
his car looked like every other skyline out there
i think he was ****ed cuz his girlfriend (who works with my girlfriend) absolutely LOVES my car ;)
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #51
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Today i was out on the foot path, warming the XR up and decided to take some pics.

I sent one of the XR and the XB off to a few friends, the replies i got was rather extreme.

One young lady replied 'hah, f-ing fords'

Another replied, 'both are s--t, should have bought a holden.'

Now, I'm not sure what annoyed me more, that both drive excels but fly the holden flag with ridiculous enthusiasm. Or that neither show any respect for a passion that i have personally (kind of like saying to a mother her child is ugly and it should have been a boy)

Now my reply was rather blunt. Simple and to the point. "Good to see you have no respect, so i wont waste anymore money on you".

But is this really what ford is up against?

Now honestly, i can understand someone not liking the XR, its common amongst the current brain-dead generation to have a very one eyed approach to what they like.

But the XB? Surely a classic muscle car transends this blind ford/holden fanboyism?
I don't get it? You sent some pics to friends and they sent you back a raspberry..... isn't that what friends do? Then you post a gripe on a heavily biased forum, to ridicule your friends albeit anonymously knowing it will solicit the usual rah rah, bogan, holden, etc BS... is this how you treat your unwitting friends who do the classic Aussie mickey take?

The ute you can keep, it's just a ute, but the coupe is nice head turner from the early 70s.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #52
SVD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Mate that's an E-type Jag. There are better examples then that.
um no its not, its a toyota 2000GT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_2000GT

nice try though

i hate how people can just disrespect a car because of the badge it wears, a crap car is a crap car regardless of the badge, just like some fords have been crap and some holdens have been crap, im not biased towards fords because i own one and love it, if you have friends who can't appreaciate your cars for what they are they are tools.

a mate of mine is a huge Ford fanboy (also drives an excel) but he still appreciates a good holden design just holden drivers are a little slow.
SVD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #53
burnz
VFII SS UTE

well i'm a holden fan, but i will certainly take the coupe off ya hands.
gotta love old school!!
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #54
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Mate, I'd be more intersted in the views from people who understand a great piece of automotive artwork, or engineering. People who support in words a make of car but drive cheap rubbish and bag out something that they need to see the badge before making a decision are a waste of time asking. The real test is lining up with the 'real' holden enthusiests and hearing their thoughts. Joe blogs who sits at home watching TV in stubbies and singlet 24/7 isnt someone who is worth worrying about.

Ford or Holden dont really need to turn these people as they will always buy the cheapest cars they can, cause they dont care.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #55
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

dw mate i cop this all the time for owning and driveing a ford by them holden fans i just say " im driveing the car i wanna drive so mind your own bizness"
Old 14-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #56
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD
um no its not, its a toyota 2000GT
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_2000GT

nice try though
I know it wasn't one, you missed my point.

Yetchh was trying to say the cars had no soul and posted a car that is a rip off of the e-type (like what the Chinese are doing with their cars). I was saying there are better examples of unique oldschool JAPANESE designed cars. Some of those old Skylines actually look good.
Old 14-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #57
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
I know it wasn't one, you missed my point.

Yetchh was trying to say the cars had no soul and posted a car that is a rip off of the e-type (like what the Chinese are doing with their cars). I was saying there are better examples of unique oldschool JAPANESE designed cars. Some of those old Skylines actually look good.
Datsun 280Z is a nice car for the old school ones I reckon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:41 PM   #58
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the day i got my exhaust finally complete, the guy who owns the place had a couple of his mates come in for a visit, 2 of them driving ss utes and one had a calais i think and they werent too shy to compliment my car
its just mutual respect and fair enough if you wanna have a dig at your mates here and there but the people who just constantly pay out on a certain car brand are stupid because unless you look at kia or something i bet there is a car for nearly every brand that everyone wouldnt mind driving, for example i dont like toyota/lexus but i would love to own a v8 soarer, i dont like holdens but i would love a new GTS

oh dont all go trying to prove me wrong, i know none of you would want to drive a ssangyong lol but you get the general idea! theres a line that should be drawn between appreciating something nice but preferring something else and just bashing something because of who made it
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:51 PM   #59
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its pure aussie to bag your mates about the stuff they care about, no matter what it is!

But I do agree, if you appreciate cars (particularly ones as nice as yours) its pretty easy to get suckered in by harsh comments from people who don't even know what they're bagging you about. You just have to get yourself some good comebacks.

My outlaws are a "Holden" family and the whole clan ragg me about driving Fords, despite the fact only one of them currently owns a Holden. I get a lot of mileage out of that little bit of info and they soon crawl back in their boxes. But at the end of the day Its all light hearted banter and I wouldn't have it any other way.
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #60
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

the simple response to
"You should have bought a Holden"

is

"And your father should have used a condom"

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM