Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 26-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Photobucket Fix

As most of you will be aware photobucket have removed the 3rd party hosting function for all but their premium accounts.

The result of that move is that images hosted on PB and linked here are now broken.

The list below contains the user namers of those who have access in the forums listed against their names to edit posts and update image links.

Bulk edits for those images where the image name has not changed and it is just a new URL in front of the original image name can be addressed to me and I will action them.

For example: if your image URL is currently:

photobucket.com/fred/mycar01.jpg

and it is now something like:

fordforums.com/gallery/50/mycar01.jpg OR
newhosting.com/fred25/mycar01.jpg

.. then these can van be resolved using the bulk function.

All other examples that change the name of the image (the piece after the last '/') will require manual editing by one of our volunteers.

A big thanks to those who have volunteered their time to help.

Regards
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
134 users like this post:
04nuts, 290GTP, 290v, 351c4, 383hq, 4vxc, 73 4V XB, adamski73, Adamz Ghia, AGH, ALKY, AndrewR_AUII, Au futura, auIILTD, aussiblue, B-1B, bawebb, bc47, BFIIGhiaZF6, BigJamo, blakeyBF, BLU-220, Blue Roo, BluXR6T, boac, Bonn, Bosko, BossInterceptor, bs395, buggerlugs, Burnout, CAMS290, Captain Stubing, chipa, Chopper06, CoupeKing, crustylogger, csv8, davenl5l, deesun, EASYBOSS, EATHSV, El Tazo, F6BF, falcongt4me, Feathers, FGX-351, FLOORED, foxtrot3, frankie86, FTE217, g650, GasoLane, gixxer47, Gkahn, GO FURTHER, Grunter, GT450, GTENVY, hako, HELLOYOU, In Focus, Interceptor, janddbone, Jehu_McSpooran, jemijona, Jim@GSN, jimt3te50, jpd80, Junkyard-Dog, kcodezd, knight rider, lari1eye, LG17, LTDHO, Madaya, Maka, mcflux, Mesa, mick fab, Mr G8, MR REKLAW, MRFGXR6, NeillNZ, nool, nstg8a, olfella, pajoda, Pepscobra, Perko, Peuty, PHANTMXR6, Pis-ton broke, pottery beige, PridenJoy, QLD-Bluey, Raptor, RavenLS1, richzx, Rico 110s, ronwest, Rural 351, Sabantien, silverBA, Sioso, solarite_guy, Sox, Sprintey, steve101, supershifty, swanee, syco26, TEZG, The Lone Ranger, The Stylist, Tiger57, Trek, Trevor 57, Tucool, tweeked, twodogs 260, valdaz, Vesper Martini, warpsp33d, whitelion65, Whoosha, wodahs, wozman, XByoot, XD 351 Ute, xeghia82, XY GS, zipping
Old 27-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #2
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 
Default Re: Photobucket Fix

Hope to feel better soon, so I can help.
solarite_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Hi Russell, thanks heaps for taking the time to help AFF members fix their broken threads!!!

I too still have to repair my threads & i would like to, but i'm still a bit too crook to fix atm. I would really appreciate any help please, ive unfortunately forgot how to post photos etc since my medical dramas.

Please let me know the next move when you can & we can go from there. Keep up the great work looking after us Russell!!!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thanks to the volunteers for fixing the threads.
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #5
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does uploading pictures from your phone via Tapatalk still work?
I found that was the easiest way to upload an image.
Old 27-08-2017, 01:51 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Does uploading pictures from your phone via Tapatalk still work?
I found that was the easiest way to upload an image.
No reason why it shouldn't, it's only pics that were stored on Photobucket that can no longer be seen.
Old 27-08-2017, 02:36 PM   #7
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wonder why my photobucket still works as normal.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2017, 02:53 PM   #8
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T View Post
Wonder why my photobucket still works as normal.
Mine does as well but I don't use it much so well under whatever the limit is.

Just on that, Russ (or someone who knows) I've got a couple of "how to's" in the Tech Resources section.

The images are hosted on Photobucket but as above there's no issue currently. Is it worthwhile migrating them to Ford Forums?

It's irritating to come across posts (anywhere) where links/pics don't work so I'm happy to do whatever to overcome future probs.

I don't know if there's an issue re copyright (or whatever) from FF pov but there's no prob for me to sign them over (or however it works).

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #9
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Very clever way to deal with it.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2017, 04:09 PM   #10
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest View Post
Mine does as well but I don't use it much so well under whatever the limit is.

Just on that, Russ (or someone who knows) I've got a couple of "how to's" in the Tech Resources section.

The images are hosted on Photobucket but as above there's no issue currently. Is it worthwhile migrating them to Ford Forums?

It's irritating to come across posts (anywhere) where links/pics don't work so I'm happy to do whatever to overcome future probs.

I don't know if there's an issue re copyright (or whatever) from FF pov but there's no prob for me to sign them over (or however it works).
Anything that has been added to the tech portal has had the images copied from wherever they were originally to the AFF data store so that they can't be lost by this sort of issue.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2017, 07:52 PM   #11
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Anything that has been added to the tech portal has had the images copied from wherever they were originally to the AFF data store so that they can't be lost by this sort of issue.

Cheers
Russ
Jolly good!

I can sleep in peace...

Cheers

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2017, 08:28 PM   #12
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

G'day Russell,

Great effort from all on this!

For clarity, what constitutes a "bulk" edit? Only two recent-enough threads of mine come to mind where there are photobucket links, but they have only 16 and 8 PB pics respectively.

A ton of facebook-linked pics have disappeared though - not even a broken link, just a blank line in the post(s).

Cheers,

Dave
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2017, 06:16 AM   #13
shed
Starter Motor

sorry russel i have never used photobucket. shed
shed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2017, 10:23 AM   #14
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great idea and great option for those who have the time.

Unfortunately I feel I have better things to do with my spare time than re upload photos in my build threads, good on those that are bothered, I do appreciate your effort especially since it is an effort I am not willing to go through

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2017, 11:20 AM   #15
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

What happens to my images now?? since I have closed my PB account can they still be edited??

Cheers Dean
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #16
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflux View Post
G'day Russell,

For clarity, what constitutes a "bulk" edit? Only two recent-enough threads of mine come to mind where there are photobucket links, but they have only 16 and 8 PB pics respectively.

A ton of facebook-linked pics have disappeared though - not even a broken link, just a blank line in the post(s).

Cheers,

Dave
If you have any pics that you want replaced and they are in an area that I can edit I'm happy to re-link them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Great idea and great option for those who have the time.

Unfortunately I feel I have better things to do with my spare time than re upload photos in my build threads, good on those that are bothered, I do appreciate your effort especially since it is an effort I am not willing to go through
Fair enough. It's a shame though, I really did enjoy reading your build threads.

All you have to do is load them up into another hosting site. Members on here will do all of the time consuming work.

Please reconsider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU-220
What happens to my images now?? since I have closed my PB account can they still be edited??

Cheers Dean
If you have your photos on your hard drive just load them up onto another image hosting site. Then send one of us a PM with your links and we will edit those posts.

As Russ has said, if you have a bulk of them and the file name has not changed Russ can do a kind of 'search and replace' to re-link your pictures.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #17
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

Thanks PG2 I have all my pictures in Imgur, so you which link do you need so I can send them to you guys??
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #18
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Just my Triplet thread has 956 photos. Even if i had the time and patience to upload those to Flickr and the like, i would not subject anyone to manually editing that amount of pics for me. Hate for Flickr to do the same dog act as PB in the future, and they will, after all that effort.

Also PB has completely disabled my account because i have 'exceeded my limit', i managed to download the triplet and ute pics before they did that but all other pics canot be accessed.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #19
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU-220 View Post
Thanks PG2 I have all my pictures in Imgur, so you which link do you need so I can send them to you guys??
Link them into a PM as you would if you were posting them into your build thread. You will need to let the person know which pic goes to which thread/post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy
Just my Triplet thread has 956 photos. Even if i had the time and patience to upload those to Flickr and the like, i would not subject anyone to manually editing that amount of pics for me. Hate for Flickr to do the same dog act as PB in the future, and they will, after all that effort.

Also PB has completely disabled my account because i have 'exceeded my limit', i managed to download the triplet and ute pics before they did that but all other pics canot be accessed.
Did you save your photos to some sort of hard drive?

You can put all of the photos into one folder and do a bulk upload into Flickr.

Click on 'upload' and go to bed and it can upload them while you sleep.

If the photos have kept the same file name Russ can more or less do a 'set and forget' with a' search and replace' function to re-link the photos.

The members listed above have volunteered their time to do this. If it is one or one thousand photos that need to be re-linked we are happy to do it. If you do want to do the re-links just be patient while someone does them. It may take a few days to do.
Old 28-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #20
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
Link them into a PM as you would if you were posting them into your build thread. You will need to let the person know which pic goes to which thread/post.

Did you save your photos to some sort of hard drive?

You can put all of the photos into one folder and do a bulk upload into Flickr.

Click on 'upload' and go to bed and it can upload them while you sleep.

If the photos have kept the same file name Russ can more or less do a 'set and forget' with a' search and replace' function to re-link the photos.

The members listed above have volunteered their time to do this. If it is one or one thousand photos that need to be re-linked we are happy to do it. If you do want to do the re-links just be patient while someone does them. It may take a few days to do.
I think most pics kept their same name, the above would be my preferred option. I appreciate the volunteers have donated their time, and a big thanks to them for doing so, but i don't think they would know which pic goes where (as in which post and which paragraph in each post), so i would rather leave it the way it currently is than having pics in places where they don't belong. But if Russ has a way of finding pic names and just replacing the links around them then that would work.

Currently uploading 1000 Triplet files to Flickr. It didn't like me and a message came up telling me 'wow, too many pics'
Old 28-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #21
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
I think most pics kept their same name, the above would be my preferred option. I appreciate the volunteers have donated their time, and a big thanks to them for doing so, but i don't think they would know which pic goes where (as in which post and which paragraph in each post), so i would rather leave it the way it currently is than having pics in places where they don't belong. But if Russ has a way of finding pic names and just replacing the links around them then that would work.

Currently uploading 1000 Triplet files to Flickr. It didn't like me and a message came up telling me 'wow, too many pics'
The bulk replace function takes the original url and replaces it with a new one and it's a one off command to do it.

So, for example:

OLD LINK http://photobucket.com /fred/pics/123.jpg
NEW LINK: http://wherevertheyarenow.com/fred/pics/123.jpg

is a simple replacement. In fact, as long as the image name is the same it doesn't matter how different the rest is. All we need to know is the old photobucket folder name - the bold bit above (which we can look up even where they are broken) and the new hosts link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflux
G'day Russell,

Cheers,

Dave
The blank lines are where some bulk edits have already been done but as per above, replacing them is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU-220

Cheers Dean
We can still edit the links manually. We don't need to know what image belongs where as the editors can see the old URL even when it is broken so as long as the image name is still the same (or similar) they can be fixed.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 28-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #22
Ashdaw

I found this thread that is quite informative but the pics have suffered the same fate.
The thread was made in June this year and it appears that the poster has only made three posts? I wonder if anyone here can fix it? the post was a good one with good pics.
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11463558
Old 29-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #23
BossRoss315

Thanks Russell!!
BossRoss315 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2017, 03:33 PM   #24
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdaw View Post
I found this thread that is quite informative but the pics have suffered the same fate.
The thread was made in June this year and it appears that the poster has only made three posts? I wonder if anyone here can fix it? the post was a good one with good pics.
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11463558
The OP would have to re-host the photos somewhere else before they could be re-linked in his thread. His PB account is private, so the images can't be viewed there.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

@GasoLane;
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2017, 04:50 PM   #25
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
The OP would have to re-host the photos somewhere else before they could be re-linked in his thread. His PB account is private, so the images can't be viewed there.
Not so.... If you use the Chrome browser and the Photobucket fix plug-in, and then view that post... All the images are visible.

You can also view all Photobucket images in this forum where the Photobucket ransom 3rd party hosting image has replaced the user's photo, using Chrome and the plug-in.

Then all that is needed is to right click and save those images to a computer and a moderator with editing rights can then upload those images to the forum gallery and relink them into the post.

Or... Any member can copy the post and repost it as a duplicate post into the thread after uploading the images to their own forum gallery space and linking them... Problem solved without intervention from the original poster.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-08-2017, 04:54 PM   #26
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

There may be some the issue of rehosting the images without the permission of the OP (copyright), but that's law that I am not familiar with.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

@GasoLane;
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #27
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
There may be some the issue of rehosting the images without the permission of the OP (copyright), but that's law that I am not familiar with.
Should be fine. The site T&C is fairly clear on where copyright of posted materials resides (with AFF) and on that basis, it should be fine.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2017, 03:07 PM   #28
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I have uploaded all Triplet photos into Flickr. So presuming all file names are the same, how do i go about doing the find and replace and see if it works?
Old 30-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #29
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PridenJoy View Post
I have uploaded all Triplet photos into Flickr. So presuming all file names are the same, how do i go about doing the find and replace and see if it works?
Send Russ a PM as he is the only one who can do it.
Old 31-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #30
bear351c
BEAR

Thanks to all involved. A $hit thing to happen for the sake of greed.