Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc

Early Falcon Car Club of Qld Inc The Queensland early model Falcon Club.

Old 17-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
Springfield_Johny

Default Club Rego

Can anyone tell me what the requirements and cost are for club rego in Queensland? Apart from a vehicle being over 30 years old and having to be a member of a club. I intend to join the EFFC of QLD when my vehicle is closer to being road ready so I can go on your club runs.
I have a 1968 XT falcon 302w

many thanks

John

Springfield_Johny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #2
xwboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnandjus
Can anyone tell me what the requirements and cost are for club rego in Queensland? Apart from a vehicle being over 30 years old and having to be a member of a club. I intend to join the EFFC of QLD when my vehicle is closer to being road ready so I can go on your club runs.
I have a 1968 XT falcon 302w

many thanks

John

Club rego is about $200 a year, full comprehensive insurance is also substantially cheaper.
When registering a car for club rego need need all the normal stuff, RWC etc. and you will also need a letter from a club.
Club rego within the EFCC requires you to be a member for a certain amount of time prior to receiving a letter.
xwboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #3
Springfield_Johny

How long do I need to be a member before I can apply for club rego?

John
Old 26-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
unclefarty

Six months, you need to be voted in at a meeting, luck has it that there is one tonight 7pm TCB Tavern, Blunder Road, Oxley..see you there...
ps. you can get the constitution from the club web site too.
unclefarty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
Springfield_Johny

Thanks guys, I've read the constitution from the web site.

I'm working night shift at the moment so I really can't get there until hopefully next month. I also have to contend with the "minister for finances" approving said funds for club membership and rego and the "minister of fun and recreation" is still waiting very patiently for me to finish her landscaping as she has been waiting long enough to have the landscaping finished. But I'm trying to sweet talk my way into these things. I'm sure you know how it is

John
Old 03-03-2008, 06:34 PM   #6
unclefarty

John here is a non car related tip that might work.

Make sure that you half finish one job, preferably one that the little woman agrees is just so hard to complete, that allthough she may whine she accepts that you are trying but it is difficult to get around.

Here is my example- Pulled the bathroom appart before our eldest child was born. worked real hard & got around no bathroom by useing neighbours etc. got it finished looked great but didn't paint. Had some frequent requests to finish but whilst I've got this one thing to do I don't get bugged to do anything else, you see its just too hard when everyone wants to use a bathroom; All the time this has gone on I've done up a few cars & filled sheds with allsorts of projects, (you see you can fiddle with a car anytime).
Time frame this has gone on for????

Well the wife had the baby, & she started High School this year.

Give it a go.
Unclefarty
unclefarty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post