Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
Pub247
Resident F1 Troll

Default For Sale thread Editing

Hi dont know if this has been brought up before i searched but couldnt find anything.

Basically i've got a few things for sale. And everytime i want to update whats sold or not i have to make a new post.

On all other forums i can edit my first post and change status or remove whats sold.

Is it possibble to allow only the OP to Edit their 1st post in for sale section?

Cheers Rory

Pub247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: For Sale thread Editing

It would be good if that could happen but unforunately I do not think the coding allows for it and I can see some members may abuse this and no one wants that.

The way it is set up now works well. You just post in your ad or PM a mod and they change it for you.

Members need to remember that the For Sale section of the forum is a free extra benefit you get for being a member on here. For what it is (free), it works great and is really well monitored.

Cheers
Col
Old 09-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Pub247
Resident F1 Troll

no probslems im happy to use as is
Pub247 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Just to continue on this one

It is better to have a storyboard effect with threads including the sale area where everyone knows that the latest news is at the end and do not have to flip through the pages towards the top to see if anything has been altered.

If prices are lowered it is best to have it on a new post at the end ....... least those buying can see how interested you are in moving something or how you would be up for offers with the lowering of price or additional information added.

This is also why a limited time is only allowed in the general area as well. If posts are altered after a conversation has progressed for a few pages, the continuation is broken and threads start to make no sense with alterations being made to what was said previously ....... if you get my drift.

In other words ..... best to keep the fresh news last

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post