Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-09-2016, 08:45 PM   #31
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Qld Police lose court case against car enthusiast, democracy prevails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Who told you this?
I work with several ex-cops, and they all say the same thing...if someone is foolish enough to contest a speeding fine, they always say the same thing in court. Something along the lines of "I observed the vehicle travelling towards me at a speed I judged to be approximately 80kph. I confirmed with the radar/laser that the vehicle was doing 76kph in a 60 zone".

This cleverly means they have now planted the idea in the magistrates mind that you are no questioning a sole-less piece of electronics, but rather the professional judgement of an experienced traffic officer, whose "expert estimate" was only backed up by the radar/laser gun. It's an important psychological tactic.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #32
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Qld Police lose court case against car enthusiast, democracy prevails

So, umm, all this proves is that if you are rich, you can be the biggest ****** in the world, and get away with it.

Trueno is a grade-A dickwad, I have no doubt he was behaving as such (as that would be in keeping with his other behaviour) and thoroughly deserved the fine, but as I said, money talks.

Frankly, I am sick of every flogger who gets behind a wheel trying to defend their anti-social behaviour on the basis of being an "enthusiast." It's like claiming a rapist is just a "sex enthusiast."

Twats like Trueno are even worse. They think that because they have the money to splurge on a Lambo, they are somehow better than everyone else, and should be allowed to do whatever the hell they want.
It's just a pity his car wasn't impounded and crushed. THAT would have been funny.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2016, 09:20 PM   #33
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ordinary people get fines and tickets..."you're all idiots for not taking time off work and risking an inevitable loss to try and get out of it?"

Rich guy actually takes the cops to task over a frankly stupid fine..."This is bullcrap, he only got out of it because he has money, he deserves to lose his car!!"...

Seems about right to me...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #34
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
THAT would have been funny.
I'm willing to take your word on that, given your posts seem to be for nothing more than comedic value. Who am I to argue.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #35
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

“If I had been in a Toyota Corolla going faster, he wouldn’t have even noticed. He saw something bright that made a noise he didn’t like and decided he could enforce the law in a manner which suited his own obvious anti-car enthusiast agenda.”

Best comment ever and would apply to hundreds of situations every week around Australia.
Old 24-09-2016, 10:57 PM   #36
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
So, umm, all this proves is that if you are rich, you can be the biggest ****** in the world, and get away with it.
He didn't "get away" with anything; there's incontrovertible evidence that he didn't do what the cops are alleging. There's a difference.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2016, 06:14 PM   #37
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Is there a law about recording a conversation between oneself and an officer? Provides you tell the officer you intend on recording the encounter?

Regarding the topic, good score for car people, but enthusiasts don't generally buy Supercars. Supercars are for rich ******* who don't tend to care much about cars in general.
All about status, which is why he can't be seen being charged as a criminal hence taking it to court.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2016, 07:15 PM   #38
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
enthusiasts don't generally buy Supercars. Supercars are for rich ******* who don't tend to care much about cars in general.
All about status, which is why he can't be seen being charged as a criminal hence taking it to court.
Oh really? Jealous much?

Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in this country. Even when the evidence speaks for itself, people turn this into a rich bash-fest.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2016, 08:05 PM   #39
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Oh really? Jealous much?

Tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in this country. Even when the evidence speaks for itself, people turn this into a rich bash-fest.
Haha, I could buy a lambo but it's useless. Rather buy cheap crap to fix and enjoy and invest money elsewhere.

Keyboard warrior syndrome is alive and well in this country. Even when the evidence speaks for itself, people turn this into a bash fest.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: