Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Peter Hodgkins. Rock throwing scum

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...766741769.html

Quote:
A man has pleaded guilty to throwing rocks at a car on the NSW south coast causing serious head injuries to a young woman.

Peter Hodgkins, 25, from Kiama, pleaded guilty in Wollongong Local Court today to maliciously inflicting grievous bodily harm by throwing rocks at cars from an overpass above the Princes Highway on July 22.

Nicole Miller, 22, a beautician from Orient Point, was a passenger in the back seat of a southbound car when it was struck by a rock the size of a brick.

Surgeons at Wollongong Hospital had to remove part of Ms Miller's skull because of the severity of the injuries she received when the rock smashed through the car's rear window.

After emerging from a coma five days after the incident, Ms Miller's mother Jenni Tillet said her daughter had trouble moving her left arm and leg and appeared different emotionally.

Doctors have said she may require up to two years rehabilitation to make a complete recovery.

Shortly after the incident, Mrs Tillet and Nicole's boyfriend Andrew Timbs said they had compassion for Hodgkins, a father of one, because he was "a human being".

Before Magistrate Paul Johnson today Hodgkins pleaded guilty to throwing the rock which caused Ms Miller's injury, but a second charge of grievous bodily harm by a negligent act was withdrawn by the Department of Public Prosecutions.

Hodgkins also pleaded guilty today to break and enter at a place of worship, aggravated break and enter and committing a serious indictable offence - charges arising from incidents on the same night Ms Miller was injured.

Hodgkins will appear in the District Court at Wollongong on December 14, where all matters are listed for sentence mention.
This guy sounds like a real class act. I'd hate to think what I'd do if he did the same to someone I care about.

Old 14-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #2
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

"Shortly after the incident, Mrs Tillet and Nicole's boyfriend Andrew Timbs said they had compassion for Hodgkins, a father of one, because he was "a human being"

If he had a kid then doesn't that make it worse that he would throw rocks at a car endangering somebody else's? I don't get it.
Old 14-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
gozza

Send him to the crusher
Old 14-11-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
Bax
Projecting

And then burn whats left.
Old 14-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sentence him to death by stoning..

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
Old 14-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
Scott

There's one for the death penalty.
Old 14-11-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what a stupid w4nker, dead set, he looks like a smug little .

people like him make my blood boil
Old 14-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #8
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Tie his legs to a tree, his arms to your toe ball!, and GO!!!,Tear that mother @&%$*& in half!
Old 14-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #9
fmc351
let it burn

Cutting hands off in the middle east doesnt sound so bad an idea now does it.

Quote:
... but a second charge of grievous bodily harm by a negligent act was withdrawn by the Department of Public Prosecutions.
Why?

Now to let the guy off because he is a father and it was all part of some drug fueled crime spree that he regrets now hes found the lord.
Old 14-11-2007, 08:39 PM   #10
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You might expect this from a 10 year old degenerate, but at 25.. you'd think he'd more than understand what he was doing and potentially what could happen. idiot.
Old 14-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #11
XR8putts

Whats the bet he'll get off lightly? They always do.

If I were a judge, he'd get 12 years minimum. That'd straighten him up.
Old 14-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #12
Dezza
Parts bin special

He's clearly messed up. What's the bet in court, he'll say he's feeling remorseful, and get a lighter sentence.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Old 14-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #13
kremmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Now to let the guy off because he is a father and it was all part of some drug fueled crime spree that he regrets now hes found the lord.
Coppers must of arsed up the interrogation, hopefully they used a phone book to extract his confession.
Old 14-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #14
HTCURRY

he will without doubt geta lighter sentence than what he would have gotten if he hadnt plead guilty.

DPP probably took the second charge off the table to get him to plead, add to that the victims family not being bitter(people really shouldnt be this kind), this wont be the end of his life.
Old 14-11-2007, 11:19 PM   #15
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCURRY
this wont be the end of his life.
pity

he deserves no mercy
Old 15-11-2007, 01:33 AM   #16
MRHELE

Well said guy's.
Hopefully one of us bump's into this piece of crap on the street... :
Old 15-11-2007, 01:40 AM   #17
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_suave
Sentence him to death by stoning..
+1 for that idea.
Old 15-11-2007, 02:59 AM   #18
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

"Shortly after the incident, Mrs Tillet and Nicole's boyfriend Andrew Timbs said they had compassion for Hodgkins, a father of one, because he was "a human being"."
I've always thought "human beings" could be lower than animals.

If he did this to a relo or not, I would want to introduce him to his Maker. The sad thing is he'd get away with a slap on the wrist... just like every other major crime. Madness. :
Old 15-11-2007, 03:26 AM   #19
T-BOOST
Blue Power enhanced

She's a beautician too. how sad..

Make him drive down a long freeway with every bridge that he has to go under lined with people and rocks. Let the punishment fit the crime.
He might be lucky to get away with a fractured skull, but hopfully die.

also selling my C.A.P.A tune box

pics of my Turbo Ghia are here
EGO TTG
Dont forget to rate it :
Old 15-11-2007, 04:49 AM   #20
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

I don't get how the boyfriend says he has compassion for him?
It might just be me, but if someone did this to my wife, a member of my family or one of my mates, i'd do everything in my power to cave his skull in with a "brick sized rock"...
the metal detectors at courthouses don't pick up bricks...

I know at least one person will read that and think "ahh another internet hero", but honestly.. wouldn't you feel the same way?
Old 15-11-2007, 06:48 AM   #21
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

WHilst his acts are certainly quite distasteful, so too are many of the extremist posts in this thread.
We are done here.
Closed Thread