Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-04-2023, 07:22 PM   #91
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Trends and Choices

Read a bit of the first page and OP. Uni's were a bit nutty in the 90's but now full fruitloop. It was called the long march through the institutions, and it's been won. The results are what we see today, it's institutionalised.

When it comes to the fertility bit, I have heard that each generation is finding it harder and have friends who have used IVF. We did the apparently stupid thing and had kids early (by early, I mean the average age the generation before had kids, from 21 for eg), no problems at all, no regrets either as it's worked out very well. Strongly recommend reading and fully understanding Weston A. Price's "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration", the greatest book of the 20th century, a full 2 years before trying for children - wish I had known about it then.
Old 29-04-2023, 07:30 PM   #92
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
I know someone who apparently has a condition that makes them eligible for the NDIS. This person has a fully capable husband who is retired and is paid a carers pension.

In addition to the carers pension and their own pension, they have an NDIS supplied dog to help mitigate the condition, even though she gave away her dog early in because her "condition" apparently meant she couldn't care for it properly anymore. To help care for the dog she has a support worker for 3 to 4 days a week. This carer supports the dog and helps care for our friend.

Recently they all went on interstate holidays. The husband pays for himself. The NDIS pays for our friend and her carer to travel and their accommodation. The carer has a separate room and is paid normal and penalty rates for every hour they are away from home. Yep, 24 hours a day they are paid for, even when they sleep. The NDIS pays for any outings for both our friend and the carer too.

They have collectively been on 2 weeks holidays, all paid for by the NDIS. They can't go anymore until September because the travel allowance is almost exhausted.

How this person gets NDIS support is beyond me, specially given the lacklustre condition and the fact they already have capable and paid inhome help from partners and family.

Want to see Australia for free, become an NDIS worker! "lol
This is disturbing to hear but it doesnt surprise me to see tax payers paying more for unnecessary expenses. It really is a disgrace.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2023, 09:28 PM   #93
ToryMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Read a bit of the first page and OP. Uni's were a bit nutty in the 90's but now full fruitloop. It was called the long march through the institutions, and it's been won. The results are what we see today, it's institutionalised.
James Lindsay has an excellent series on YouTube about this.
1997 BMW E36 318i manual - Alpine White
ToryMikey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2023, 09:32 PM   #94
ToryMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
I know someone who apparently has a condition that makes them eligible for the NDIS. This person has a fully capable husband who is retired and is paid a carers pension.

In addition to the carers pension and their own pension, they have an NDIS supplied dog to help mitigate the condition, even though she gave away her dog early in because her "condition" apparently meant she couldn't care for it properly anymore. To help care for the dog she has a support worker for 3 to 4 days a week. This carer supports the dog and helps care for our friend.

Recently they all went on interstate holidays. The husband pays for himself. The NDIS pays for our friend and her carer to travel and their accommodation. The carer has a separate room and is paid normal and penalty rates for every hour they are away from home. Yep, 24 hours a day they are paid for, even when they sleep. The NDIS pays for any outings for both our friend and the carer too.

They have collectively been on 2 weeks holidays, all paid for by the NDIS. They can't go anymore until September because the travel allowance is almost exhausted.

How this person gets NDIS support is beyond me, specially given the lacklustre condition and the fact they already have capable and paid inhome help from partners and family.

Want to see Australia for free, become an NDIS worker! "lol
This is Australia mate. Work hard and get penalised at every turn. Sit on the dole and you’re celebrated.

Just look at childcare. If you choose not to look after your children they get free full-time childcare. Yet if I chose to put my hypothetical child in daycare I would have to pay over $30k per year. And can my hypothetical wife stay at home? Good luck, we don’t allow income splitting here.
6 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2023, 03:55 AM   #95
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's good vs evil.

Weak men are the problem.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2023, 10:34 PM   #96
ToryMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
It's good vs evil.

Weak men are the problem.
Look at the prevailing media narratives, they’re getting battier by the day and have been over the past decade or so. Designed to keep us weak, both the men and the women.

The stuff aimed at the women is just as bad, it used to glamourise divorce ten years ago, leave your boring husband to find yourself. Forget about ending up lonely and full of regret about the family you destroyed to chase a feeling. Now it glamourises literal s*x work - quit your boring reliable job and join OnlyFans, you’ll make hundreds of thousands. Never mind that most that go down that route don’t make any money, can’t hold down a romantic relationship for obvious reasons, and end up destroying relationships with friends and family. The end result is the same, break down the family and you’ll be more dependent on the state - therefore making you a more reliable left-wing voter.

The long march through the institutions…
6 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2023, 10:44 PM   #97
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One thing that today's world has created, is the ability to read otherkin cringe blogs on tumblr.

https://www.tumblr.com/otherkin-crin...ng-ive-seen-so
Old 30-04-2023, 11:14 PM   #98
ToryMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
One thing that today's world has created, is the ability to read otherkin cringe blogs on tumblr.

https://www.tumblr.com/otherkin-crin...ng-ive-seen-so
Holy heck I’m the same age as that person. Yikes.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:20 AM   #99
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
basically don't make your problems my problem...
it's only your problem if you make it so. why should anyone else's gender or sexuality impact you in any way at all?
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2023, 09:20 AM   #100
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToryMikey View Post
Holy heck I’m the same age as that person. Yikes.
Yeah, damn kids eh.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:05 PM   #101
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon varley View Post
it's only your problem if you make it so. why should anyone else's gender or sexuality impact you in any way at all?
I guess my soon to six grandkids carefree and innocent lives are not your concern I get it, but they are mine.
Not sure about Aussie but the trans and lgb....whatever aren't the kind and loving community they would like you to believe, at least over here they are not, they are violent and non tolerant of any view but there own, as I've said above there are exceptions.
There behavior at at a local to me rally has proved that, a rally supporting women's rights where the speaker was physically assaulted, and feared for her life, a 75 year old woman punched three times in the face by a 25 year old him her, plus another elderly gentleman punched. All this by a large in there hundreds rabid mob of trans and lgbt whatever. It's a mental illness that I don't need to be told it's perfectly normal, and i must except it at all cost, l nor my grandkids. As I have said knock your self out do whatever behind closed doors, just keep your indoctrination away from my family.
When all this is normalized it will be pedophiles next, they are all ready calling it MAP minor attracted person, you know they are people we just don't understand.

Last edited by five 7; 01-05-2023 at 01:32 PM.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2023, 01:47 PM   #102
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Simon, go you tube bud lights latest brand ambassador, prancing around a New York loft apartment announcing to the world, its a six year old girl let loose in town, all this cr#p has a influence, if you're all good with this and see it as normal behavior all power to you.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2023, 04:06 PM   #103
ToryMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
I guess my soon to six grandkids carefree and innocent lives are not your concern I get it, but they are mine.
Not sure about Aussie but the trans and lgb....whatever aren't the kind and loving community they would like you to believe, at least over here they are not, they are violent and non tolerant of any view but there own, as I've said above there are exceptions.
There behavior at at a local to me rally has proved that, a rally supporting women's rights where the speaker was physically assaulted, and feared for her life, a 75 year old woman punched three times in the face by a 25 year old him her, plus another elderly gentleman punched. All this by a large in there hundreds rabid mob of trans and lgbt whatever. It's a mental illness that I don't need to be told it's perfectly normal, and i must except it at all cost, l nor my grandkids. As I have said knock your self out do whatever behind closed doors, just keep your indoctrination away from my family.
When all this is normalized it will be pedophiles next, they are all ready calling it MAP minor attracted person, you know they are people we just don't understand.
Some people ask the question, "when did you hit peak trans?" - ie when did you realise gender ideology was complete BS?

In my case, I always realised gender ideology was complete BS. That was clear to me and is still clear to 99% of people not living in Northcote or similar. However, I did reach "peak libertarian" because of it all. Libertarianism of the "live and let live" variety means nothing when they come for your children. They call it "cracking the egg". They get off on it. It's sick.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2023, 04:08 PM   #104
ToryMikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Yeah, damn kids eh.
That's just it mate, the fact that it's someone my age and not a 14 year old saying all that makes it even scarier.