Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 19-05-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Default Factory Ford Cougar Floormats

I went to my local Ford dealer today and asked about some floormats. I just thought they'd have been generic Ford ones, but the guy said they were made for the Cougar and are now obsolete and therefore unable to be ordered.

Does anyone have these floormats in their Cougars? (Or other car for that matter?)

Does anyone have any idea what they look like, and where they may still be able to be ordered from?

Abraxas
Dshibi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got the Ford ones for my ST24- don't know if they are the same? They don't have a heel pad on the drivers side- but apart from that they are good. The driver's one is secured to the carpet via some plastic clips built into the mat.

Last edited by murcod; 19-05-2005 at 10:02 PM.
murcod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:06 PM   #3
professorsabre
NECO

This is the only place I know of you can get these mats from.
Ford Parts UK

This is what they look like.

I'm sure you could get them custom made but I dunno how much it's going to cost.

Cheers
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #4
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Hmm, those UK ones look good. I've already sent my enquiry

Not a bad price for the mats themselves, but far out the postage kills it! Comes to just over $200AU delivered! :(

I found these for a Mercury Cougar on ebay, but they're obviously left hand drive: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7953152318.

Would be good if the UK ones were black moreso than grey tho I think. the red Cougar heads would stand out more and look good in a black Coug

Abraxas

Last edited by Abraxas; 21-05-2005 at 01:37 AM.
Old 22-05-2005, 01:24 PM   #5
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are my ST24 mats- look a similar design to me?

Old 22-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
Amazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxas
Hmm, those UK ones look good. I've already sent my enquiry

Not a bad price for the mats themselves, but far out the postage kills it! Comes to just over $200AU delivered! :(

I found these for a Mercury Cougar on ebay, but they're obviously left hand drive: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7953152318.

Would be good if the UK ones were black moreso than grey tho I think. the red Cougar heads would stand out more and look good in a black Coug

Abraxas
yeah thats normal for Geniune Mats. I know alot of the Honda Genuine Mats Retail for around that price and people happily pay it

Rob
Amazer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 05:42 PM   #7
Dshibi
A New Focus In Life...

Hmm, the Mondeo ones look alright. They'll probably fit too... I'll check if Ford can get them in first tho. One thing the Cougar lacks on the interior is Ford emblems tho...

I only paid just over $100AU for my last set of genuine mats, so to go up to $200 is a bit of an ask.

Abraxas

Last edited by Abraxas; 22-05-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 23-05-2005, 12:47 PM   #8
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I paid $115 for mine when I bought the ST24 new in 2000- can't remember if it was a discounted price or not though?

To sell my ST24 I might be stripping all the accessories out of it (mats, top adjustable Konis, custom alloy pod filter adaptor and K&N) - if so, they will all be up for sale and advertised on here. The Konis and pod filter are a direct Cougar fit too.