Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 30-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

Default Direct Fit Aftermarket Speakers WQ

Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone knows if any of the 5x7 speakers made by the likes of;clarion,JL,Alpine etc are a direct swap for the original speakers.
Meaning no adaptors are needed to fit them,in the stock speaker postion,simply remove old ones and replace with new ones,no cutting etc required-That is what i am after.
Its not for me by the way,its a present for a friend,and it will be difficult to get alot of time with the car to install them.

Thanks,
Jeremy.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
Ben85

Soundstream make them, but the improvement in sound quality would be better if fitted with an amp as well.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
amcqu2
Starter Motor

yer there are direct replacement type speakers in the 5x7 size. i have them in my car. they are JL audio. and were around $100 at jb hifi.
amcqu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Festie

I have Clarion 5x7's in my car. I got mine from auto barn. I think they were about 140 a pair
Festie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #5
Magenta_
Starter Motor

Hello,

Has anyone gotten an amplifier and subwoofer installed into their fiesta?
I'm thinking of getting an amplifier and a subwoofer installed in my zetec but I'm not sure if it'll work since my dad got an amplifier and a subwoofer for my mum's ford xr6 a few years ago but something went wrong a few months after installation causing the stereo to play up so my dad ended up uninstalling it. If anyone has or is planning to, what brands/makes would you recommend? Thanks
Magenta_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
Fi.ES.TA

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11272753
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2009, 01:16 PM   #7
okief
Starter Motor

Default same speakers for WP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festie
I have Clarion 5x7's in my car. I got mine from auto barn. I think they were about 140 a pair
has the fitment changed from WP to WQ?

cheers
okief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Nope the same speakers, different stereo (4500 WP - 6000 WQ)
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post