Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-07-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Default New Fiesta Distance To Empty (dte) On Fill Up

Hi all

Can you tell me what your DTE Kms are when you fill up. The best I have got is 509.2km. Hoping it will get better. Only 2700km on the clock all city driving. My previous car - WQ Zetec was consistantly around 550 DTE each fill.

golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Currently it is 680 km (just filled up).

City driving with M2 on the way home.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm on my second tank of fuel (apart from what was in the tank from the dealer) and first time it was 630km from the tank IIRC. It's at about 500km now, because I've given up driving slow and I've only really been doing city driving with lots of stop starts. You in a hilly area, cold, CBD or do you rev it a fair bit, as this makes a massive difference to my figures.

Keep in mind DTE when you fill up is never very accurate, as you could really give it to the car out from the servo and there goes your average fuel consumption. You could drive it straight onto a hiway and your consumption would be wonderful.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Keep in mind DTE when you fill up is never very accurate, as you could really give it to the car out from the servo and there goes your average fuel consumption. You could drive it straight onto a hiway and your consumption would be wonderful.
I've found it to be very consistent. Very much like our GTI which seems to run an average based on the last few tanks.

Different to the fuel use l/100km though which does change within a tank
Old 07-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Around 480km in the XR4 ... bounces around 9.3 - 9.4L/100km on the average usage screen.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Ben85

Around the 550KM for my WQ and always seems to be fairly accurate.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
Jess85

i've had around 600km at best in the XR4. average is prob 500km
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
New Fiesta Distance To Empty (dte) On Fill Up
Just so people know you were asking about the new Fiesta :
Old 07-07-2009, 11:17 PM   #9
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Just so people know you were asking about the new Fiesta :
Yea thanx for the obvious, its probably the same software anyway. I just thought i'd give some feedback on how the previous model went on DTE.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #10
BruceT

I usually get around 600km DTE after fill up after averaging about 6.0-6.2 L/100km according to the guage over the week. I have a WS manual zetec.
I also use the M2 heavily - 60-70% of my weekly driving.

I don't believe my fuel guage though. For example last week it estimated 6.1 L/100 km. I did 280 km over the week and added 19.3 litres, which gives 6.9 L/100 km. But that's a one-off estimate.
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #11
JClarke
Deaf Driver

DTE from my third tank of fuel at the moment is 640km
Old 27-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #12
Keyan
Starter Motor

DTE from my very first tank was shocking 384km, and I drove 488km, and calculated as 7.0L/100km, then second tank was 540km, third tank was over 600km. i am looking forward to see the number keep growing when I fill it up next week, lol.
Keyan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 04:07 AM   #13
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah not only is Fords figures a total lie so is the fuel consumption Figures on the dash :0. I drove on a big trip a couple of days ago and used a full tank (1 litre left when filled up). I averaged 6.1 on the dash but really used more like 6.8L/100. The good news if there is any, that it used the exact same amount of fuel hammering around the ocean road for 200km in the 3rd and 4th gear averaging around 4000 rpm as it does on a flat boring highway in 5th (oddly).

The other good news is that once I got off the ocean road I noted that the car was stronger than when I started (also my wife noticed today that it had more power than before) so maybe it's finally decided to get run in a bit, 30,000k service is comming real soon
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #14
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did a 600km trip over the weekend. Average going down to Sunshine Coast was 5.1L/100km and on the way back 5.8L/100km. The later figures involved a lot of hill driving, and I wasn't going slow! I'm quote happy with the figures, mind you air-con wasn't used very often and this was mostly hi-way driving with few stops. The figure going down was sitting as low as 4.3L/100km thanks to nice easy driving, but then I turned the air-con on! I got just over 710km out of the tank, so the figures are slightly wrong in comparison to real world consumption. Gotta love the Fez!
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #15
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are those roads hotmix or something?, that's pretty impressive, Fair enough the figures going down, as far as I can remember you can pretty much roll from Toowoomba to the sea:p
Old 05-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #16
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Did a 600km trip over the weekend. Average going down to Sunshine Coast was 5.1L/100km and on the way back 5.8L/100km. The later figures involved a lot of hill driving, and I wasn't going slow! I'm quote happy with the figures, mind you air-con wasn't used very often and this was mostly hi-way driving with few stops. The figure going down was sitting as low as 4.3L/100km thanks to nice easy driving, but then I turned the air-con on! I got just over 710km out of the tank, so the figures are slightly wrong in comparison to real world consumption. Gotta love the Fez!
Wow that's mighty impressive. What was the average speed you were going on the highway? Cruise control used I assume? RPMs? Manual/Auto? Would be awesome to give the fezz a go on a long highway trip but still have to convince wifey to hand over the keys first in order to do the test.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Are those roads hotmix or something?, that's pretty impressive, Fair enough the figures going down, as far as I can remember you can pretty much roll from Toowoomba to the sea:p
That's why they were so bloody good I think. But then again I hit the range near Peachester pretty darn hard (I go the back roads with lots of nice turns so it wasn't all a slow roll lol). Figures coming back would have been better but got stuck in some traffic and then hit the Toowoomba range roaring! It goes up fine in forth with the cruise on, but I just wanted to give it a bit of a punch. Mind you these figues are done with not too much air-con use, and just me in the car with a few bags.

Zetec Dave, I stuck to just under 100km/h (the spedo says 105km/h but the digital average was 98km/h) along perfect roads, not too much traffic, cruise on with my manual Zetec 3-Door. The revvs were just over 3000rpm.

I recon the side skirts makes it more aerodynamic hahaha :
Old 05-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #18
JClarke
Deaf Driver

I got home from the south coast (im from canberra) and I was impressed on how the car pulled through ...I drove down there as My tank was at 400km, didnt realise that the car only used at least 100km worth of fuel to get there as it is a 150km drive. :

Works really well with the crusie control on, saves enough fuel. Will be driving to melbourne in early november and will definitely let you know how it went.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #19
BruceT

I just returned to Sydney from a trip to Bega via Canberra and the Monaro highway.

Noticeably differenty economy on the two legs - much worse on the way down - seems to be due to carrying a greater load.

The DTE after refilling was 701.7 km after I'd driven 2.0 km (I forgot to check at the service station). I was hoping for better. I'll put the economy figures elsewhere.

- Jeremy Clarkson on the WS Fiesta Zetec
BruceT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 PM   #20
Nappa
Impressive...

yesterday i did a 180km round trip mostly fwy driving at 100-110 in a WS zetec 5dr manual.
Had four passengers some cargo and a dog and had an average of
5.5 ltr per 100km. Was pretty happy considering the car had only travelled 200km before we set off.

Im also impressed with the projector head lamps, i always thought they were a bit of a gimic but they do seem clearer and more defined.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow that is quite good? That's amazing, people think my figures are unreachable but mine are done with just me in the car, this proves that they can be done, even with a carload. Must have been fun having five people and a dog in the car. For all it's merits, it's still a small car! I find the headlights on low beam on the WS pathetic to be honest, can't see around corners and they don't go high enough...
Old 12-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
Nappa
Impressive...

We went from Heidelberg out past Pakenham and its nearly all flat fwy at 100kph. ideal for fuel economy.
it was a bit squishy in the back, but only in width, leg room is pretty good.
Luckily the dog is happy to be in the boot with the parcel shelf removed.

I've also noticed that even fully loaded it wasnt sluggish like the WQ LX i had a few years ago.

I reckon the lights are much better then my WQ XR4, but your right about not going high enough.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #23
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is this your WS mate? If so do you still have your XR4? Pretty sweet garage if you ask me!!!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rapid the lights on the Fiesta are pretty good, have you got the adjuster dial turned all the way up?. I find road surface to be the big think with the economy. Small smooth stones or hotmix drop it down at least 1L/100 compared to the larger stones used on country (budget) roads
Old 12-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #25
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah dial is all the way up, they just seem to lack lenght and side vision. I guess I was spoiled by the WP with it's massive driving lamps that lit the road up and long light spread. Mind you the lighting its self wasn't as biright and clear.

Good point on the road surface. Rough coarse chip seems to make fuel economy suffer, which is logical I suppose.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #26
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah if the goverment were serious about effciency and climate change we would have hotmix everywhere , they haven't got smart enough to realise this yet
Old 13-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #27
phoenix555
n00b

Wow, those figures all seem so much better than mine! :(

Just clicked over 2k on the clock, and the past tank and this one have been doing some hour-long freeway speeds as well as the 20min back-street toddle to work (speed average at the moment 42km/hr). Only got 490km out of the last tank - averaging 7.2L/km.

Will it improve or is that just what I'll get for my conditions?
phoenix555 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #28
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give it time man. All our figures are based of the dodgy fuel consumption average the Fiesta spits out, so your average could actually be true. Poking around town my computer says about 6.9L/100km if I don't do any hi-way driving.
Old 14-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #29
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Is this your WS mate? If so do you still have your XR4? Pretty sweet garage if you ask me!!!
Yeah my girlfriend drives the XR4 and i have the Zetec as my company car. While the XR4 is loads of fun i really like how easy and smooth the zetec is to drive.
Old 14-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #30
JClarke
Deaf Driver

I am going on a 650+ road trip to Melbourne from Canberra and I am looking forward to see how my WS goes on the super stretch highway across the NSW high way, bring it on!