Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: What is your Marital Status?
Female - In Relationship 58 8.57%
Female - Single 30 4.43%
Male - In Relationship 300 44.31%
Male - Single 289 42.69%
Voters: 677. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #31
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Obviously I'm a girl.. and taken

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
Old 11-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #32
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Another female here, also taken. ( : Fairmont99)
Too right you are : :
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #33
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin_Girl
ok another girl here...

and i think i am the first single one! woohoo exciting :
i just like fords... and that's why i'm here!

oh boy here we go, you know its like listing your self!

Old 11-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #34
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Female and taken.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 11-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #35
MotherNature
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think I was one of the few gals back in the early days that discovery was refering to. From memory there was 3 of us ........

I am Woman & I am proud & morethan likely I will be single by tonight ...............

men .... who needs them

Minge ... I think there has been a huge improvement on the number of gals in here recently ......

Its more a case of keeping this forum fun & lively as it is & keep on telling everyone we know or see about this great place ... seems to have worked so far.... I have no hesitation to let my eldest into here as a member so I think it is still a good family environment as long as the fools keep their naughty thoughts to themselves ....

Last edited by MotherNature; 11-02-2005 at 01:20 PM. Reason: cause I forgot a bit :P
Old 11-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #36
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
I think I was one of the few gals back in the early days that discovery was refering to. From memory there was 3 of us ........
Yeah, thank goodness you girls came along
Old 11-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #37
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems that of the female Ford Forum members, that the vast majority have been snapped up, and those that are single, it is only a matter of time as girls who like cars for more than just their pretty colour are highly desired by men with similar interests and worth their weight in gold!
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #38
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
All I wanted to know how do we make this a family forum as well as one for all to enjoy
Hey Gary
Speaking broadly, many women need to feel secure in this type of environment. To attract more women to the forums I would start my suggesting some strict guidelines are placed into effect to make them feel safe and not subject to harassment. Once this is done make this point of difference clear for promotion. The word will spead and they will come if interested.

I suggest you let the women themselves determine what guidelines they wish to have in place by asking, what makes/would make then feel comfortable and safe here.

Colville

Last edited by WASP; 11-02-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #39
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

CDAA has words of wisdom...
Old 11-02-2005, 02:27 PM   #40
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Hey Gary
Speaking broadly, many women need to feel secure in this type of environment. To attract more women to the forums I would start my suggesting some strict guidelines are placed into effect to make them feel safe and not subject to harassment. Once this is done make this point of difference clear for promotion. The word will spead and they will come if interested.

I suggest you let the women themselves determine what guidelines they wish to have in place by asking, what makes/would make then feel comfortable and safe here.

Colville
Very well said CDAA.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:43 PM   #41
XR8girl

im a girl obviously but im also taken

Old 11-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #42
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

firstly, i doubt greatly the need to setup "guidelines" as we have an excellent and attentive administrative group. If someone complains, its a rare occasion when they cannot help solve the problem. And even when noone complains, they act promptly and intelligently in the removal of offensive material.

Secondly, harrassment of any type is dealt with already by these moderators, not just against women, but men also, and we have seen many cases of posts removed because of people posting their private grudges against other people in a public forum.

If anyone harrassed anyone sexually here I can assure you they would be dealt with under the current rules and guidelines quite quickly, theres no need to say harrassment is not tolerated, and harrassment of women is "really really" not tolerated. Men and women require the same rights. Noone deserves or requires a special set of rules based on anatomy or sexual preference. What is required is even enforcement of equal rules for everyone involved.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 11-02-2005, 02:54 PM   #43
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
firstly, i doubt greatly the need to setup "guidelines" as we have an excellent and attentive administrative group. If someone complains, its a rare occasion when they cannot help solve the problem. And even when noone complains, they act promptly and intelligently in the removal of offensive material.

Secondly, harrassment of any type is dealt with already by these moderators, not just against women, but men also, and we have seen many cases of posts removed because of people posting their private grudges against other people in a public forum.

If anyone harrassed anyone sexually here I can assure you they would be dealt with under the current rules and guidelines quite quickly, theres no need to say harrassment is not tolerated, and harrassment of women is "really really" not tolerated. Men and women require the same rights. Noone deserves or requires a special set of rules based on anatomy or sexual preference. What is required is even enforcement of equal rules for everyone involved.
mate, i'd like to agree with you there, but the amount of bagging of "poofs" that goes on here, without any punishment being enforced etc, leads me to believe that the guidelines arent as strong as some may believe
Old 11-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #44
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you're willing to cop a shagging you can take a bagging as far as I'm concerned :P
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:06 PM   #45
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard

Many thanks sourbastard for your response.
Unfortunately you have missed the point. I was not suggesting that the forum does not have processes in place to protect users, but if the target audience (women in this case) are not aware of this, or perceive that they are valuable here all the processes in the world won't help. What I'm suggesting to some degree is a marketing exercise. Inviting the intended audience to get involved and have a say in what makes them feel safe and enjoy there membership here. If those process are already available then that's great, but I think you will find that doing the exercise will be instrumental in building the perception that that this forum caters for women as well as men.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:23 PM   #46
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
All I wanted to know how do we make this a family forum as well as one for all to enjoy!
I thought AFF already was an open minded and family friendly forum! It would be nice to see a few more of the fairer sex participating though!! :voldar02:
Old 11-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #47
niko
likes falcon's

laminge
Quote:
as a mainly male dominated forums, how do we turn this trend around and appeal to the females?
you buy a holden...no shit most girls i know "hate fords.." i dunt understant
Old 11-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #48
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
laminge

followers mate.

"my boyfriend has a VL turbo, with a blow off intercooler"

lol
Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #49
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
mate, i'd like to agree with you there, but the amount of bagging of "poofs" that goes on here, without any punishment being enforced etc, leads me to believe that the guidelines arent as strong as some may believe

I am just speechless, coming from someone that just posted that 710 joke!

Your part of this community, if you find it easier to sit back and complain rather than take a positive role, then your as guilty as the people making the post

These forums are about respect for each other, and only those that step over the that line are asked to step back into line

Last edited by Laminge; 11-02-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #50
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Back on topic, I'm a girl hehehe

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 11-02-2005, 03:36 PM   #51
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
agreed! it's all about what your brought up on though. eg. my 'sis bags the crap out of holdens when she's just had to drive a one.......and she just bought a ford If we were a holden family, she'd be pro holden.

most girls i know couldn't pick the difference between a falcon & commodore if you stripped the badges off. *no offence to the sensible girls on this forum.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #52
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I am just speechless, coming from someone that just posted that 710 joke!

Your part of this community, if you find it easier to sit back and complain rather than take a positive role, then your as guilty as the people making the post

These forums are about respect for each other, and only those that step over the that line are asked to step back into line
:
Old 11-02-2005, 03:43 PM   #53
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
agreed! it's all about what your brought up on though. eg. my 'sis bags the crap out of holdens when she's just had to drive a one.......and she just bought a ford If we were a holden family, she'd be pro holden.
I don't agree with that, my family are all holden, and I've been bought up like that but yet I'm a Ford girl.

Quote:
most girls i know couldn't pick the difference between a falcon & commodore if you stripped the badges off. *no offence to the sensible girls on this forum.
I'm glad you added the last bit, cause I was going to go off

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
Old 11-02-2005, 03:43 PM   #54
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Truth be known, it's not that many of them can't tell, they’re just not interested. Having said that, the popularity of the V8Supercars has boosted both men and women’s' interest level on performance Holden's and Ford's immensely.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:51 PM   #55
Dez
Banned

how was i owned....

firstly, all i said in this thread was that, i dont think people should preech about a system being in place that punishes harrassment....when there is harrassment (not aimed at anyone in particular) and nothing is said about it.

some people may think its light hearted, and i can understand, but for all we know, there may be a member that is gay, and wont come out and say it on a forum (its their business) but they sit there and read these comments, and just dont feel comfortable.

now as for the JOKE in the other thread, if 1 female on this thread, wants it removed, PM me, and its gone.

the difference is, that 1 is an actual JOKE.

Gary, if you want to make anti harassment guy, ill be happy to do it :P
Old 11-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #56
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
I don't agree with that, my family are all holden, and I've been bought up like that but yet I'm a Ford girl.

I'm glad you added the last bit, cause I was going to go off
so your the odd (but smarter) one in the family, good to hear. Feel free to go off at me, 'coz I bet some of the girls would put me to shame with there knowledge :

Good point CDAA, and that is why ultimately there will probably never be many girls on AFF.......unfortunatly. The V8's are a great promotional tool, as are the sexy hi po cars.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:08 PM   #57
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Everyone has the oportunity to moderate these forums, thats what the report post button is for, we have prooven that we will listen.

The resposibility is not just yours Dez, it belongs to everyone here!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #58
Discovery
"Jlywrslr" ;)

Dez, jokes like that do the rounds as do many and i'm sure they are taken lightheartedly on the whole. You do realise being a guy makes it easier to laugh at things like that don't you?

I am a girl in a male dominated industry.. I am also blonde.. so i've copped it all. Don't mind me, i've built up a suit of armour you could never get through!

We girls are tough, we have to be sometimes. (maybe it's preparation for childbirth and parenthood?) out:
Old 11-02-2005, 04:10 PM   #59
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
Many thanks sourbastard for your response.
Unfortunately you have missed the point. I was not suggesting that the forum does not have processes in place to protect users, but if the target audience (women in this case) are not aware of this, or perceive that they are valuable here all the processes in the world won't help. What I'm suggesting to some degree is a marketing exercise. Inviting the intended audience to get involved and have a say in what makes them feel safe and enjoy there membership here. If those process are already available then that's great, but I think you will find that doing the exercise will be instrumental in building the perception that that this forum caters for women as well as men.
Sorry that isnt what you outlined in your original post.

"I would start my suggesting some strict guidelines are placed into effect to make them feel safe and not subject to harassment."

The above statement outlines a policy change.

"I suggest you let the women themselves determine what guidelines they wish to have in place"

This statement outlines who should draft it.

Its neither fair nor equitable to perform policy changes in this way, and no one group, men or women, should have pandering policy, its unhealthy for a community.

If a marketing discussion is required to promote a safe online experience, it should be catered to all parties, men, women & the youth of today(tm), and should include them all in some way.... just like we are doing now. :P

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 11-02-2005, 04:12 PM   #60
Dez
Banned

oh my lord. no where in the joke are blondes mentioned. it is a joke.

i dont report posts with "poof" in them etc, because i can look past it, some people are narrow minded, and i feel sorry for them.

if people cant see the difference between actual harrassment and a joke, that i didn't even come up with, then i feel sorry for them as well.

back on topic...i'm not a girl
Closed Thread