Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #631
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Tax the rich?

Already posted
I wonder if a professor with a phd really wrote that rubbish?
Old 16-05-2014, 11:34 PM   #632
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
football analogy?

you tackled first
Fair call!

I guess I was trying to get you to reflect on the fact that everyone is different.

It would be a pretty boring existence if we all thought the same.

I'm an employer, I pay lots of tax, and I get a positive return on capital from my business and have done so for fifteen years. Yes that does not include the first three years establishing.

Am I successful and prosperous, that's for others to decide and I could care less what people think of me.

I have my own business because every boss I ever worked for was a fool and had no idea. I believed that until I went out on my own and had to walk the talk. I only just made it and value the lesson I absorbed from people I believed had NFI (past employers) funny old world!

Last edited by Work Horse; 16-05-2014 at 11:42 PM.
5 users like this post:
Old 16-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #633
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
All are losers in the game of Russian roulette called a "job".

The capitalist economic model is what you are standing in.
All employees are expendable commodities in a capitalist machine
In poker we call them discards.

As an employer If I could replace a worker with an automated process I would (as would Ford Australia on the assembly line).

It's been happening for decades.

Surely it's obvious to you that it's a win/lose situation?
So, all your 'employees' are only numbers to you and only a means to making you more money.

You don't care about them, their lives or their families.

You must be a real sweetheart to work for...............not.
Old 16-05-2014, 11:52 PM   #634
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Show me the receipt to say you gave it back to us taxpayers then.

err no...you have to prove I got it in the first place....it's your assertion...

I am a business man remember, I work with all that stuff that you only dream about like BAS statements and tax invoices...

So show me the paperwork that says I got anything at all?

Also...remember I too am a taxpayer, so you work out how much...pro rata you think you are out of pocket and let me know when you have worked it out eh?

Quote:
it seems to really irk you that your kids education was subsidised and not paid for solely by you. Sort of makes the previously mentioned bragging about $33k p/a per child seem a bit diluted.
You're a school teacher yeah?

Your kids on your govt pay packet will be fully paid for by honest hardworking taxpayers like me....100%

That's a scarey thought...

As for the troll...I can brag all I like, I made good choices and they have paid off.

Remember this in a few years and we'll see how your choices pan out...

and...

Try to remember that you've never left school and I have....
Old 16-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #635
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
So, all your 'employees' are only numbers to you and only a means to making you more money.

You don't care about them, their lives or their families.

You must be a real sweetheart to work for...............not.

That's correct.
Old 17-05-2014, 12:35 AM   #636
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Guess who was ignored by all the girls at school.
Old 17-05-2014, 12:44 AM   #637
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
it seems to really irk you that your kids education was subsidised and not paid for solely by you. Sort of makes the previously mentioned bragging about $33k p/a per child seem a bit diluted.
someone with kids in private school could just as easily argue that they subsidise public education... I don't think it fair to expect people to opt out of receiving funding for their kids education (if they choose private) if they're not given the option of opting out of contributing the tax toward education.
Old 17-05-2014, 12:58 AM   #638
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv View Post
finally , a business owner , who doesnt cry "poor me" the whinging from business owners here whinging about being hard done by has been sickening and disheartening . i was thinking of starting up a donation for business owners . ZILO . IT REALLY IS NICE TO SEE SOMEONE FEELING LIKE THEY ARE IN FRONT . GOOD STUFF . THAT IS THE 1ST STEP TO LEAVIUNG EVERYONE ELSES BENIFITS ALONE .
Sorry?

If you read that as whinging in any of the posts above I am astounded. I see no whinging but people (and me) trying to explain from a business owners perspective as they are the first ones who get slandered, and have been through this thread, as devious money hungry trolls who drive big cars given to them for free paid for by tax payers and employees.

So ******* sorry that this side of the story could not be explained. Is it because it is only your point of view that is relevant? No one else could state their position in this thread?

I saw no whinging as EVERYONE has stated why they do it, why they enjoy it even though they may not be making the millions people think business owners all make, and wouldn't do it any other way.

Stupid and way of the mark post.

Cheers. You lost me totally just then.

Gave the thread a hell of a go. Let everyone have their say and accepted all points of view. Even though the thread was politically based and against T&C's, the mods gave it a run. But when people show this much disregard to another persons view point, the thread has run its course.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 17-05-2014 at 01:11 AM.
8 users like this post:
Closed Thread