Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #1
shanelec
Starter Motor

Default 2011 Ford focus TDCI

Guys searched through the Forum and couldn't find any related topics here so sorry if this is a repeat.

Long story short , i now live in the Philippines, And have bought a Ford Focus 2011 TDCI auto 6 speed sequential

1st problem was ABS / Tractions light comes on and then in sports modes it loses gears and won't change , computer says tooth missing in right front ABS sensor

They took the the right front hub assembly off re pressed the bearing and it cleared the fault , car work ok for a couple of weeks and then

reverse would not engage and would clunk 3 times to try and select it . they re mapped the computer and fixed the problem but now the first problem is back

before the lights show up on the dash a noise like a small electric motor comes on like the abs is vibrating or something like that then the fault occurs if its in Drive it will lose all gears and rev on the limiter

All I'm asking is there any techs out there that have experienced this issue and are able to give advice as to what it is . The guys really don't have any clue what they are doing here . although they try .

Thanks In advance

The more i read the more issues they have with these sequential gear boxes ,, Its a shame cause it a fun car to drive
shanelec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2016, 12:09 AM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2011 Ford focus TDCI

How many kms has the vehicle done? With out codes or other diagnostic information hard to tell, but they did have an issue with the Output Shaft Sensor in the trans...
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2016, 08:31 AM   #3
shanelec
Starter Motor

SO here is an update for the Focus . After the recent issues, I had them replace the Fluid in which i had a heart attack at the cost , $90 per litre x 6 1/2

This fixed the issue for about 2 months and the car ran perfectly.

Now again it has come up with a solenoid fault, jerking at low revs. it runs ok when up to speed . they took the valve body off and and found a lot of metal flakes.

the A/T serial is 7M5R-7000-AG for a ford Focus 1.8 TDCI 2011

Guys is there any end to this **** or am i going to have to replace this transmission. The more i look, the more issues i see with a lot of other Units online.

If there is Anyone here that deals with Transmissions from Ford and sells them I know they are pricey but cant see any other way out unless i Buy all the parts and over haul the Transmission .

Any Help would surely be appreciated.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
Ghiaman
Kinetic FG X XR8

Hi,
I run a fleet of 4 Focus at work. Just updated them to the latest model Ecoboosts. Previous to that we had the Turbo Diesels. One of them started doing what you describe at around 25,000k's.
After some head scratching and no faults found, finally it did it for the dealer and the gearbox was replaced under warranty. No further issues until it was sold.
Hope that helps.
Also bear in mind the diesel gearbox is not the same as the troublesome petrol box. Havent heard of any other diesel gearbox issues. Petrol on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ghiaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2016, 09:53 AM   #5
shanelec
Starter Motor

Thanks for the Info ,, So Basically what you are saying is the Common Fault in the AT is in the Petrol Engines not the Diesel.

I know there is two types wet clutch and dry clutch
Old 07-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #6
Ghiaman
Kinetic FG X XR8

Yes correct.
Petrol has the dry clutch Diesel the wet clutch im pretty certain.
The latest model Focus has the conventional gearbox. Australia no longer gets the diesel so not sure what gearbox that is running in the latest model.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ghiaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-10-2016, 02:32 AM   #7
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow, this sounds exactly like what I had happening a few months ago.

I had this happen twice. I cleared all ECU codes for EVERY module. Yes, I saw ABS fault too. The one day my car wouldn't start so we pushed it closer to the house and I charged the battery overnight.

NEVER had the issue come back. I think the code re-appeared but the actual symptom didn't show itself. So I'm ok with the car running fine even though the code is stuck there.

All I can suggest is clearing codes and doing a hard no power reset. Then maybe doing a good charge.

Been too long to remember when it happened so I must have done something right. Good luck.

P.S I have the 2.0L but I think we share the same Getrag 6DCT450 which is supposedly rock solid.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #8
GingerAle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcio007 View Post
wow, this sounds exactly like what I had happening a few months ago.

I had this happen twice. I cleared all ECU codes for EVERY module. Yes, I saw ABS fault too. The one day my car wouldn't start so we pushed it closer to the house and I charged the battery overnight.

NEVER had the issue come back. I think the code re-appeared but the actual symptom didn't show itself. So I'm ok with the car running fine even though the code is stuck there.

All I can suggest is clearing codes and doing a hard no power reset. Then maybe doing a good charge.

Been too long to remember when it happened so I must have done something right. Good luck.

P.S I have the 2.0L but I think we share the same Getrag 6DCT450 which is supposedly rock solid.
I read somewhere that a battery that is going bad can start to cause issues with the way the transmission works. Go to a battery shop and get it tested.
GingerAle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2017, 06:09 PM   #9
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

late reply, but my battery was toast and these were the signs it was on it's way out, so I replaced the battery.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post