Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-03-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 2016 rs

Hi all,

I have a baby due in October. Probably more in the future, so i am offloading the F6 ute. Currently looking at trade in options as i haven't had a hell of a lot of interest in privately selling it. Modified, it does chew a little more fuel than i like. I am certainly considering a 5 seater F6 however also. I want power than when I'm in the car on my own, but a safe family 5 seater.

My partner has a dual cab SR5 so we can take that off-road and put the dogs in this, or just for something if we need a huge amount of space. What attracts me to the RS as i am pretty unwilling to relinquish my boy racer dreams, i need 5 seats, fuel economy, AWD safety, and cheaper rego.

Looking for any comments, pros and cons, or things to consider to owning an RS.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Last edited by raised by monkeys; 28-03-2017 at 03:46 PM.
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #2
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: 2016 rs

Factor in where the anchor point is being a hatch and how big your pram is. Back when my son was born, the wifes then pulsar hatch had the anchor point on the bit below boot catch so the capsule had to go on the left seat and manoeuvring the pram into the boot was possible, but a pain. It normally lived on the right rear seat which wasn't possible with another passenger. On a new hatch I'd say the point is on the back upright of the back seat, but it's still something to research.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
Cheech
HELL YES

Cons:
-Boot is smaller than standard ST as the rear drive units and additional bracing eat into the boot space.
-Also no spare or space saver, just a can of goo and compressor.
- insurance is higher that normal cars, although OK for me as I'm 46 with no at fault claims.
- Suspension on softest setting is still very firm.
- Purchase price. I think dealers are no longer taking orders. You go on a cancelled orders list and private sales are priced higher than new.

Pros:
- Its an RS. Enough said.

Edit: I went from a 305rwkw FG XR6T to the RS. I don't miss the XR6T !

2019 Ssangyong Rexton fourby (the daily driver, tow pig & snowmobile)
Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2017, 12:11 PM   #4
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
Cons:
-Boot is smaller than standard ST as the rear drive units and additional bracing eat into the boot space.
-Also no spare or space saver, just a can of goo and compressor.
- insurance is higher that normal cars, although OK for me as I'm 46 with no at fault claims.
- Suspension on softest setting is still very firm.
- Purchase price. I think dealers are no longer taking orders. You go on a cancelled orders list and private sales are priced higher than new.

Pros:
- Its an RS. Enough said.

Edit: I went from a 305rwkw FG XR6T to the RS. I don't miss the XR6T !
I haven't actually followed up with insurance. Im post 30 with only claims against criminal damage against my car, so shouldn't be too bad.

Didn't realise there is no spare - this is a small dilemma. I guess tyre choice will matter. Do you have run flats?

cheapest i have seen is around 52k. I was thinking of waiting til June sales - but also understand stock might be limited as there is only so many orders per year. Just hope prices have dropped by say end of July.

Current
Previous

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 30-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #5
sixman

A falcon xr6t or fgx xr8 is a much better option. Spent a week in an RS with booster seat in. You will need to have the front passenger seat all the way forward to get a rear facing baby seat in. And the ride is really bumpy compared to your Tornado - I wouldnt feel comfortable with a newborns head bumping around in an RS. The boot seems to small for a solid pram and other baby gear.
Having said all that, I liked the RS so much I have one coming in July, but my kids are older now and will still have the falcon.
Rear tyres: Toyo R888 265-30-19
3.5inch custom exhaust with imitation stock tip, PW Stage 2 cooler (black), ID 1000, XCAL3, Plazmaman intake, Herrod Spark Booster
BorgWarner EFR 9174
Autotech 420rwkw
sixman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #6
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixman View Post
A falcon xr6t or fgx xr8 is a much better option. Spent a week in an RS with booster seat in. You will need to have the front passenger seat all the way forward to get a rear facing baby seat in. And the ride is really bumpy compared to your Tornado - I wouldnt feel comfortable with a newborns head bumping around in an RS. The boot seems to small for a solid pram and other baby gear.
Having said all that, I liked the RS so much I have one coming in July, but my kids are older now and will still have the falcon.
thanks for info.

Current
Previous

Old 30-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #7
Cheech
HELL YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
I haven't actually followed up with insurance. Im post 30 with only claims against criminal damage against my car, so shouldn't be too bad.

Didn't realise there is no spare - this is a small dilemma. I guess tyre choice will matter. Do you have run flats?

cheapest i have seen is around 52k. I was thinking of waiting til June sales - but also understand stock might be limited as there is only so many orders per year. Just hope prices have dropped by say end of July.

They are standard tyres.

IIRC Ford stop making these in Q3 this year as the factory changes over to a new focus model. The RS comes down the same line as the ST.

These cars will be limited in numbers by factory capacity - but not to the same extent as the Mk2 RS which was limited to 315 for AUS & NZ.

2019 Ssangyong Rexton fourby (the daily driver, tow pig & snowmobile)
Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post