Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #841
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Im just over it
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #842
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEYBA View Post
Im just over it
What’s happened since November,bud? Sounds like you were having meds issues.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 18-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #843
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
What’s happened since November,bud? Sounds like you were having meds issues.
Everything has gone downhill from around January and keeps going down. I'm in a huge rut

Last edited by BLUEYBA; 18-05-2018 at 02:44 PM. Reason: added more
Old 18-05-2018, 05:29 PM   #844
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Everything has gone downhill from around January and keeps going down. I'm in a huge rut
Bluey I’ve been been reading your posts today in this thread.

There are some amazing people out there that help.

Call “Beyond Blue” and have a chat to them.

They are awesome on 1300 22 4636

You’re important, good people will get you back on track.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2018, 08:09 PM   #845
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
Bluey I’ve been been reading your posts today in this thread.

There are some amazing people out there that help.

Call “Beyond Blue” and have a chat to them.

They are awesome on 1300 22 4636

You’re important, good people will get you back on track.

thanks heaps. been calling the different lines and seeing a psychologist.
5 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #846
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
thanks heaps. been calling the different lines and seeing a psychologist.
Bluey you’re really important mate.

Take care and keep talking to good people, you’re a good person.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #847
Tui2
Coyote ugly

hi all, Bluey, I hear you all too well, looks like I'm going to have find another hatric to trust just so I can be put back on meds, life just doesn't pan out trying the healthy minded peoples way, every move I make seems to be wrong, the more I think about my fellow man and do right by them the more I, in some way, come out of it worse off which has always has me questioning the powers that be , why try? why do I feel I MUST do right by others when its the ones who seemingly just don't give flying rat's about nyone or who they mow down in their path to success that prosper by doing so? I don't get it and hate getting out of this house as to avoid witnessing it anyway had my say... later
Old 21-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #848
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui2 View Post
hi all, Bluey, I hear you all too well, looks like I'm going to have find another hatric to trust just so I can be put back on meds, life just doesn't pan out trying the healthy minded peoples way, every move I make seems to be wrong, the more I think about my fellow man and do right by them the more I, in some way, come out of it worse off which has always has me questioning the powers that be , why try? why do I feel I MUST do right by others when its the ones who seemingly just don't give flying rat's about nyone or who they mow down in their path to success that prosper by doing so? I don't get it and hate getting out of this house as to avoid witnessing it anyway had my say... later
Nailed it mate. I know exactly what you mean and it makes it so hard mate. It just wears you down
Old 24-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #849
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I thought anxiety and depression was all a load of crap. How wrong am I. Have been off work now for a month on stress leave. Have to go back in another 5 days. I can now say. Anxiety is real, and it is not a joke.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #850
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi

Starting to feel a little better. I think the medication is only doing 80% of the job it should.
5 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #851
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Im not far from you mate. Send me a pm if you like & we can catch up for a chat. Getting things off your chest is always a relief and helps you gain perspective.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2018, 11:22 AM   #852
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostercam View Post
Im not far from you mate. Send me a pm if you like & we can catch up for a chat. Getting things off your chest is always a relief and helps you gain perspective.
Yeah sounds like a great idea
Old 07-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #853
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My old mum suffers real bad from Anxiety, but is on many drugs a day, it looks to me that the doctors end up drugging her up too much and them we get this anxiety madness, then I take her to a top level psychologist that most people can not get to see but a cop can order this and we were lucky to get this because all the others were just rubbish and mum said they were more trouble than anything not to mention just useless.
But this bloke looks at all the drugs and then works out what's best to do, and then she gets better and better and then when she is finished seeing him the drugs end up going up more and more and then start the anxiety attacks and then I take her to see him and he does the same thing again and she gets better.

Mum was that bad we thought we would have to put her in the loony bin. she did not even know what we were saying and this doctor said the drugs she is on could kill a horse.

Some of these doctors must be just handing out pills like who knows what and people are as high as a kite off there rocker that they have lost the plot.

I think there is a underlying cause in such that can trigger this as well and they can't handle things, so it's like a switch that is triggered to set it off, they can not control it and some have worse anxiety than others.

A mate was prescribed the wrong drug once by a idiot doctor and he got that bad he thought he had lost the plot and he could not look at the front door for fear that he would walk out across the highway to the beach and get run over for sure he said and he went to a mental health woman and he said she was just a joke.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #854
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick taylor View Post
My old mum suffers real bad from Anxiety, but is on many drugs a day, it looks to me that the doctors end up drugging her up too much and them we get this anxiety madness, then I take her to a top level psychologist that most people can not get to see but a cop can order this and we were lucky to get this because all the others were just rubbish and mum said they were more trouble than anything not to mention just useless.
But this bloke looks at all the drugs and then works out what's best to do, and then she gets better and better and then when she is finished seeing him the drugs end up going up more and more and then start the anxiety attacks and then I take her to see him and he does the same thing again and she gets better.

Mum was that bad we thought we would have to put her in the loony bin. she did not even know what we were saying and this doctor said the drugs she is on could kill a horse.

Some of these doctors must be just handing out pills like who knows what and people are as high as a kite off there rocker that they have lost the plot.

I think there is a underlying cause in such that can trigger this as well and they can't handle things, so it's like a switch that is triggered to set it off, they can not control it and some have worse anxiety than others.

A mate was prescribed the wrong drug once by a idiot doctor and he got that bad he thought he had lost the plot and he could not look at the front door for fear that he would walk out across the highway to the beach and get run over for sure he said and he went to a mental health woman and he said she was just a joke.
they are a joke well all of the psychiatrists ive been appointed to through government funding, which is a good reason to just leave that point there as beggars cant be choosers right? but 20mins every second month to prescribe me drugs just wasn't what i (ill be so cocky to say most of us) need to keep some hope in moving forward. ill admit that , as you mentioned about your mother, being doped up seemingly killed the suffering inside , or should i say masked the suffering, but the point here is THIS IS THE ONLY WAY, VENTING WITH THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY ASKING THOSE WHO DONT TO PLEASE TRY, BECAUSE THEY JUST DONT REALISE HOW MUCH A SINGLE WORD CAN TRIGGER AND DANGERS THAT COME WITH TRIGGERS, IF YOU ARE IN PUBLIC AND SEE A PERSON HAVING A "PSYCHO" EITHER LET THEM BE OR ASK IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP, BUT GETTING ON YOUR HIGH HORSE AND ADDING INSULT TO INJURY BY SAYING SOMETHING NEGATIVE OR AGGRESSIVE TO A MENTALLY ILL PERSON, MEANS YOU ARE EITHER, LIKE MOST, IGNORANT OR PSYCHOPATHIC YOURSELF OR A VERY GOOD FIGHTER WHICH PUTS IN THE PRIOR CATORGORY, I THINK SO, AS IT IS ALWAYS ONLY MY OPINION I SPEAK OF. CALMING A SITUATION BY REMOVING A THREAT AND OFFERING A BACKDOOR (METAPHOR OR NOT) IS THE PLACE TO START IF YOU WISH TO HELP, AGAIN MY OPINION I AM NOT PROFESSIONAL BUT I KNOW WHAT 50 YEARS OF ANXIETY HAS DONE TO ME. TALK PEOPLE TALK TO THE PERSON YOU CONNECT WITH AT THE TIME AS THEY TOO WILL HAVE AND NEED TIME TO VENT AND MAY NOT BE THERE FOR YOU ALL THE TIME, SO DONT EXPECT ANYTHING FROM ANYONE AND THAT RIDS ONE TRIGGER TO START WITH. ok caps lock off , breathing in through thev nose out through the mouth, ahhh .
Old 11-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #855
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui2 View Post
they are a joke well all of the psychiatrists ive been appointed to through government funding, which is a good reason to just leave that point there as beggars cant be choosers right? but 20mins every second month to prescribe me drugs just wasn't what i (ill be so cocky to say most of us) need to keep some hope in moving forward. ill admit that , as you mentioned about your mother, being doped up seemingly killed the suffering inside , or should i say masked the suffering, but the point here is THIS IS THE ONLY WAY, VENTING WITH THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY ASKING THOSE WHO DONT TO PLEASE TRY, BECAUSE THEY JUST DONT REALISE HOW MUCH A SINGLE WORD CAN TRIGGER AND DANGERS THAT COME WITH TRIGGERS, IF YOU ARE IN PUBLIC AND SEE A PERSON HAVING A "PSYCHO" EITHER LET THEM BE OR ASK IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP, BUT GETTING ON YOUR HIGH HORSE AND ADDING INSULT TO INJURY BY SAYING SOMETHING NEGATIVE OR AGGRESSIVE TO A MENTALLY ILL PERSON, MEANS YOU ARE EITHER, LIKE MOST, IGNORANT OR PSYCHOPATHIC YOURSELF OR A VERY GOOD FIGHTER WHICH PUTS IN THE PRIOR CATORGORY, I THINK SO, AS IT IS ALWAYS ONLY MY OPINION I SPEAK OF. CALMING A SITUATION BY REMOVING A THREAT AND OFFERING A BACKDOOR (METAPHOR OR NOT) IS THE PLACE TO START IF YOU WISH TO HELP, AGAIN MY OPINION I AM NOT PROFESSIONAL BUT I KNOW WHAT 50 YEARS OF ANXIETY HAS DONE TO ME. TALK PEOPLE TALK TO THE PERSON YOU CONNECT WITH AT THE TIME AS THEY TOO WILL HAVE AND NEED TIME TO VENT AND MAY NOT BE THERE FOR YOU ALL THE TIME, SO DONT EXPECT ANYTHING FROM ANYONE AND THAT RIDS ONE TRIGGER TO START WITH. ok caps lock off , breathing in through thev nose out through the mouth, ahhh .
It's nothing people say to her that sets it off, people can be as nasty as they like to her and it will not bother my mum and she will just disregard them. but it's the amount of drugs that she is on that makes her not know where she is at and that brings it on.
She has had freak out days that I remember when I was a kid, I think it had to do with being a little kid in the war and walking around over dead body's every where and money problems could bring it on, I think when my dad would get ripped off badly or others went bankrupt on him and that happened a lot.

I try to understand people but they will never open right up and let you know the full truth, because they think you will not understand or some other crap.
I know a few people through my years who have problems and I do listen to them and try to understand.

I have a mate that I always gave him leeway because I understand him and other mates of mine hate him and say don't bring that c--t around us any more, he does get on my goat as well, but people should try to be understanding.

Another mate got on drugs and all the problems with him because of that and he said that the drugs the gov gave him were the worst, so he would not take them because they freaked him right out and I could go on about all that.

Another mate up the road was locked up in wally world twice and he is good to talk to about such things because he has been through it all, I learnt a lot from him.

The thing is that most people do not know anything about such things, I even had a deaf bloke come over to 30 of us having smoko, non of them had a clue what to do, I was the only one who knew how to talk to him and deal with him as to what he came over for.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2018, 10:42 AM   #856
RHR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"When you have depression it’s like it snows every day.

Some days it’s only a couple of inches. It’s a pain in the a**, but you still make it to work, the grocery store. Sure, maybe you skip the gym or your friend’s birthday party, but it IS still snowing and who knows how bad it might get tonight. Probably better to just head home.

Your friend notices, but probably just thinks you are flaky now, or kind of an a**hole.

Some days it snows a foot. You spend an hour shovelling out your driveway and are late to work. Your back and hands hurt from shovelling. You leave early because it’s really coming down out there. Your boss notices.

Some days it snows four feet. You shovel all morning but your street never gets ploughed.

You are not making it to work, or anywhere else for that matter. You are so sore and tired you just get back in the bed. By the time you wake up, all your shovelling has filled back in with snow. Looks like your phone rang; people are wondering where you are.

You don’t feel like calling them back, too tired from all the shovelling. Plus they don’t get this much snow at their house so they don’t understand why you’re still stuck at home. They just think you’re lazy or weak, although they rarely come out and say it.

Some weeks it’s a full-blown blizzard. When you open your door, it’s to a wall of snow. The power flickers, then goes out. It’s too cold to sit in the living room anymore, so you get back into bed with all your clothes on. The stove and microwave won’t work so you eat a cold Pop Tart and call that dinner. You haven’t taken a shower in three days, but how could you at this point? You’re too cold to do anything except sleep.

Sometimes people get snowed in for the winter. The cold seeps in. No communication in or out. The food runs out. What can you even do, tunnel out of a forty foot snow bank with your hands? How far away is help? Can you even get there in a blizzard? If you do, can they even help you at this point? Maybe it’s death to stay here, but it’s death to go out there too.

The thing is, when it snows all the time, you get worn all the way down. You get tired of being cold. You get tired of hurting all the time from shovelling, but if you don’t shovel on the light days, it builds up to something unmanageable on the heavy days. You resent the hell out of the snow, but it doesn’t care, it’s just a blind chemistry, an act of nature. It carries on regardless, unconcerned and unaware if it buries you or the whole world.

Also, the snow builds up in other areas, places you can’t shovel, sometimes places you can’t even see. Maybe it’s on the roof. Maybe it’s on the mountain behind the house. Sometimes, there’s an avalanche that blows the house right off its foundation and takes you with it. A veritable Act of God, nothing can be done. The neighbours say it’s a shame and they can’t understand it; he was doing so well with his shovelling."
BA 5.4L Fairmont goone
LW MKII Focus ST gone

Y62 Series 5 Patrol TI
FG MKII XR6T
FGX XR8
RHR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2018, 04:01 AM   #857
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GP's have no place in prescribing any medication related to mood. They are not trained sufficiently in human behaviour or how to recognise the many mood disorders humans present with. Nearly 30 years ago, I went to a GP who had a good reputation for helping with depression. After one 15 min consultation, I commenced taking the antidepressant, Prozac. After about two weeks passed, my moods began to really plummet and I was feeling very low. I made an appointment and he told me to double my dose and everything will be ok. I doubled the dose and 5 days later I was suicidal. So many people have the same stories and many are much worse than mine. Since that time, there has been some different products on the market that work in a different way, avoiding that 'dip' in mood associated with starting these types of drugs. This article describes them.
https://www.verywellmind.com/snris-and-ssnris-380183
5 users like this post:
Old 19-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #858
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Meds haven't worked for my missus in 20 years. She is off them now and trying something different. Interesting times ahead.............
7 users like this post:
Old 20-06-2018, 08:50 PM   #859
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We must understand this in order to realise we are perfect to begin with and our inner critic is other peoples bs. Here is a good description.
https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/b...ur-self-esteem
5 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #860
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hi

Things have settled down for me. Not 100% yet but on the way. Have abit of stress going on atm. Seen the psych and had my meds raised. Damn side effects but slowly they are getting less. just takes time

thanks everyone for the kind words. they have been very helpful
4 users like this post:
Old 21-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #861
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a friendly reminder to anybody taking meds. Please do not suddenly stop taking them or skip doses. Also, try to work through the cause of the issue whilst on the meds, as they are not a solution and will not 'cure' the cause.
6 users like this post:
Old 13-07-2018, 04:56 PM   #862
slowsnake
Banned

Hello,
The main cause of depression I found and anxiety for that matter in 75% of the cases is the loss/love of money and material possessions.
And of course there will be an avalanche of naysayers in answer to that statement but its true,15% are problems and issues with ill health ( cancers terminal or not and general chronic illness )
The other 10% are just prone to worry, (usually about money)
If you take money worries out of the equation then most depression/anxiety will resolve itself.
As long as money is your God and it rules your life then you are a walking " hand grenade", think about all the above and see if you pass the " love of money and material things".

But if ya sick well ya sick,you will not find a cure until you find and understand the cause!
If you are a "woe is me" character then you need to be given a good talking to,if you are suffering serious ill health get an answer,fight the medical system,or wither away, you have to fight!
Takes years and years sometimes to find the right doctor and if you lapse then get back on track and look until ya got to drag yourself to appointments.
You can ease the pain,but most people give up,ya got to keep lookin until you find the cause, not the cure,you are the cure,find the cause!

Cheers Billy

Last edited by slowsnake; 13-07-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: misspelling
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #863
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really don't know where to begin in regards to what is written below this post. It is so offensive on so many levels and to so many people. To anybody who is dealing with dep/anx issues, ignore these types of comments and stay true to what you believe helps and works for you. These issues are very real & everybody has different chemical levels in their system, such as dopamine for example, and then there is environment to consider. It takes time, understanding and a lot of hard work to find the answers to each individuals issues. Keep on keeping on.
6 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2018, 04:28 AM   #864
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
I really don't know where to begin in regards to what is written below this post. It is so offensive on so many levels and to so many people. To anybody who is dealing with dep/anx issues, ignore these types of comments and stay true to what you believe helps and works for you. These issues are very real & everybody has different chemical levels in their system, such as dopamine for example, and then there is environment to consider. It takes time, understanding and a lot of hard work to find the answers to each individuals issues. Keep on keeping on.
Hello,
I don't even know why you bothered to write the above?
75% of depression is caused by money issues,but you are entitled to your opinion,my information came from researching medical journals and personal experience, I've had more damned anti depressants shoved down my throat that the sheer amount depressed me!

Work it out for yourselves,I did,took a long time to realise that "I" was the cause of all my problems,me,not my upbringing,not my family,not my missus (ex) and she knew how to push my buttons.
Until you find the cause you cannot be cured,find the bloody cause,its not dopamine or any other chemical imbalance, its you,not ya neighbour or ya job or ya car keeps breaking down, its none of these things,you are the cause by the way you think,by the way you react,by the way you perceive what are normal everyday events and issues.

As for money worries causing depression,well you really want to think hard about that!
You lose your job,what happens?..first thought is either,geez I'm too old to get another job or how am I going to pay my mortgage!.. how am I going to pay the rent!..how am I going to make my car payment!..how am I going to pay my credit card debt?....any or all of these thoughts go through ya mind if you lose ya job,all of them, it maybe a little different if you are like me,a nomad,a gypsy,a bloke who is happy with a "shakedown on the floor" with a roof over my head,even the car.

No mate,money is a curse,its caused by greedy banks and governments who don't care,its caused by lousey politicians and greedy pharmaceutical companies,they try to keep you sick,they want you sick,you can't see that,why not?..well that's other folk,not me,I got a good job and I pay my bills and my taxes, so its "I'm alright jack" until its not "I'm alright jack"

And you are a goner,the stress is immeasurable on any scale,the despondency is worse, so to the desperation.
And that's just from losing ya bloody job!..not ya wife leaving, not a death in the family, not a chronic illness or some rotten cancer!....but just from losing ya lousey job!

Cheers Billy.

Last edited by slowsnake; 15-07-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:22 AM   #865
slowsnake
Banned

Hello,
Stopping your medications or going cold turkey!

Do it only under your psychologists supervision and authority.
As you probably know already a psychologist cannot dispense drugs, he reports to your GP who is allowed to write a prescription, he does this after discussing your health issues with you,if he thinks its something more than depression then you go see a psychiatrist, maybe your problems are urgent and heavier drugs are needed initially!

These drugs are meant to treat you short term, or to get the severity of your symptoms down to a less acute state.

Most folk,mainly men just do not tell their GP the truth, they tell the doctor what they think is wrong with them,they do not really tell their GP what it is that is really bothering them, they ( patient ) actually go into a type of denial phase, they say to others when asked if they are alright ( so a partner or mate ) they know something is amiss, and they ask and you deny!...usually, no I'm fine, I am ok.
That's true,people ask you all the time, are you alright mate?
And you say yes I'm ok.....when you know damn well you are not ok.

So unless you are willing to come clean you cannot get the proper treatment.
Doctors are only human,they need all the information they can get,but you don't give it,you end up taking drugs that may make your situation worse,based on his diagnosis of your symptoms!..he can't see your "feelings"...he's like a motor mechanic really,sees a car that looks really good on the outside but unless he drives it he can't tell what's wrong with it?
Your doctor cant drive you, and you need to tell him everything,even if its personal ( sex problems ) for instance, erectile dysfunction can/will depress you, especially if you have a very active sex life,but,you will not tell the doctor that, why, well its unmanly!

You need to be honest with your treating physicians, no cause means no cure, the doctors are just guessing.
Took me 30 years to work out that I was/am the cause of my depressive issues, and now I take a small dose of a drug called Cymbalta, 60 mg a day,a tiny dose,and its for neuropathic pain, being in chronic pain drives me nuts, I take 45mg Oxycontin daily, actually 20mg for breakfast!

As for going cold turkey, I didn't tell the doctor, I just stopped and picked up my script every week, that was Pristiq and I was on 150mg daily, I stopped em dead, ended up with very sore elbows and my heartburn stopped, that was 6 years ago, my elbows are still sore and achy as I type now.

Stopped my Endep, my Neurontin, and can't remember the others,but the neurontin was bad,all I could smell was fish, even the bakers smelt like a fish shop, but I had the works from psychotropic to relaxant, I tried every anti depressant on the market.
I now take only Cymbalta,and Oxycontin for chronic and severe want to kill yourself type pain.

But I did realise that I was the problem, my thinking, my thought processes were awry.

Regards Billy.
Old 15-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #866
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't 'checked in' here for a long time now. For anyone playing along at home, I took myself off my meds earlier this year. I was on meds for colitis, depression and I was seeing a naturopath so I had pills and potions coming out my ears. I cracked it one day and decided to stop taking everything. I told my brother and a close friend so they could keep an eye on me. After a few weeks I told my GP to keep him in the loop.

after a few weeks I went back on the colitis meds (still on them now) but the depression stuff has been in the cupboard untouched for 7 months.

I am feeling better in my self, I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones in that I had a short term need for help, not saying I won't go back in future but for now I'm ok.

I have been under massive pressure at work for the last month and had a few things going on in the personal life as well. I could feel the stress rising and recognised that something had to give. I broke up with the girlfriend (together for a few months) and have taken it upon myself to walk out of the office early on occasion to take a walk in the sun and play with my dogs.

Now I just need to give up the energy drinks and I will be right.
Old 15-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #867
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
I haven't 'checked in' here for a long time now. For anyone playing along at home, I took myself off my meds earlier this year. I was on meds for colitis, depression and I was seeing a naturopath so I had pills and potions coming out my ears. I cracked it one day and decided to stop taking everything. I told my brother and a close friend so they could keep an eye on me. After a few weeks I told my GP to keep him in the loop.

after a few weeks I went back on the colitis meds (still on them now) but the depression stuff has been in the cupboard untouched for 7 months.

I am feeling better in my self, I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones in that I had a short term need for help, not saying I won't go back in future but for now I'm ok.

I have been under massive pressure at work for the last month and had a few things going on in the personal life as well. I could feel the stress rising and recognised that something had to give. I broke up with the girlfriend (together for a few months) and have taken it upon myself to walk out of the office early on occasion to take a walk in the sun and play with my dogs.

Now I just need to give up the energy drinks and I will be right.
Hello,
Good for you brother,am glad you saw through the haze and the fog and worked it out for yourself, but you did the right thing telling your brother and a mate to keep an eye on you!
It worked for me, but it took a long long time for me to realise I could sort myself once I knew what was wrong!

Keep well!

Regards Billy.
Old 15-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #868
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

There is some merit in what Slowsnake says with regards to money.
I recently weened myself off my meds with help from my Doctor, when we were discussing how i would go about it and what to expect she basically said a lot will depend on whats going on in my life at that moment as to how i will respond without them.
I asked what she meant, she said well the eaiest way to put it is imagine if you walked out of here, bought a lotto ticket and won first division, you'd be so preoccupied with what youre going to do with your new found wealth that you wouldnt even notice the drugs leaving your system.
She said that many of her patience had experienced major life upheavals leading up to their diagnosis with depressive illnesses and only once they got things sorted out did they start to make headway and get their lives back on track and that money issues were often a major cuase of those major upheavals.
The drugs simply lessen your response to how bad things are to allow you to process and navigate a path to internal recovery.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #869
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Money is not the cause. The issues were already present, the financial situation brings the issues to the surface, hence the belief that 'money' is the problem. Dep/anx is not a socio-economic issue.
7 users like this post:
Old 15-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #870
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Money is not the cause. The issues were already present, the financial situation brings the issues to the surface, hence the belief that 'money' is the problem. Dep/anx is not a socio-economic issue.
Hello,
Well mine was, loss of job that is,but caused by ill health!
I had to leave my job due to becoming unwell!
I was 26 yrs old and luckily didn't have a mortgage,thank God for that too, that would of really put the "tightners on",

The problem was that I was in the middle of Kakadu national park?
Not up the road from a doctor,even though they had one on site, he was a company man,and as useful as a " hatful of ****holes "

Cheers Billy.