Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 14-10-2005, 04:52 PM   #1
747FLI

Unhappy SBR - Pirtek Split

Well, it's come to an end for those who loved the combination and colours of the Pirtek Falcon. As of the end of Bathurst, the Pirtek company announced the split. So, will Caltex increase their SBR sponsorship? Or, who is going to be the next to support SBR??? Any predictions???

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 10:35 PM   #2
foxylady

Unhappy What a shame

How did you get a hold of this little piece of information. It will be a shame to see the pirtek car go after such a great part of ford in the V8 supercars. : I think that they might change to an all caltex team so they can be the same as all the other teams with one colour scheme on both cars. If what you say is true will the pirtek car be at indy or is that it???
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
00falcon
Starter Motor

SBR and Pirtek relationship to end
Release Date: 13/10/2005
Pirtek Fluid Systems has announced that it is ending a successful eight-year relationship with leading V8 Supercar Championship Series team Stone Brothers Racing at the end of the 2005 season.

Pirtek was the inaugural naming rights sponsor in 1998 and since that initial year the Pirtek Falcon has won Bathurst, the Sandown 500, Clipsal 500, several other series rounds and the last two championships.

Pirtek is in the final year of their current three-year contract and decided after the weekend’s Bathurst event that they would not be taking up their option.

Driver Marcos Ambrose currently sits second in this year’s championship by two points to his SBR teammate Russell Ingall with three rounds remaining.

The introduction of new products and different marketing strategies has been the major factor in the decision of Pirtek to end their relationship, according to Pirtek Managing Director Glenn Duncan.

“We have enjoyed a successful eight-year relationship with Stone Brothers Racing, but we have new opportunities we want to explore,” said Duncan.

“With Marcos heading to the US at the end of the season it is probably an opportune time for us to leave as well and for SBR to introduce fresh new sponsors to the championship.

“We have achieved some tremendous growth with our brand and our relationships through the program.

“We have to thank Ross and Jimmy Stone and everyone associated with the team for their friendship which we look forward to being maintained beyond this season.”

Stone Brothers Racing co-owner Ross Stone said Pirtek had been with his team since the beginning and had endured the highs and lows the sport can produce.

“They have been a loyal partner of ours which we have enjoyed sharing plenty of success with over the last few years, but I guess all good things have to come to an end at some time,” said Stone

“We accept their decision to move on and wish the Pirtek Franchise Network all the best for the future.”

Ambrose, who will be heading to the US next year to start a career in NASCAR, says the departure of Pirtek from SBR is really the “end of an era”.

“I am really proud with what we have achieved together with Pirtek, they gave me the break I needed when entering into the V8 Supercar Championship,” said Ambrose.

“They are a fantastic company with tremendous people with whom many I have developed life-long friendships.

“I just hope we can go out on another successful note by winning our third consecutive championship this year.”

Pirtek’s sponsorship with SBR will end after the final round of the 2005 championship at Phillip Island in Victoria on November 27
00falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2005, 09:59 AM   #4
747FLI

Default Pirtek

Hey Foxy (Foxies!),

Gav's got all the details above, it was on the V8 official sight. We are going to be the last to see the colours down at Phillip Island...

Cheers,

Dave
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post