Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 13-10-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
nashy

Default NQ XR Owners

Is there anyone in the Club that live in NQ Specifically near Cairns/Townsville.

Seems to me that everyone is from around Brisbane.

Am keen to join have the form and everything but won't if there isn't anyone in my neck of the woods.

nashy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Hey Nashy,
Join, Join, Join. When I joined, it was Me, Myself, and Me. Got put onto Tucky (eventually), but that was it!

We now have about 20 to 30 members in CQ, and get together at least monthly.
We are more than happy to organise a CQ run up your way sometime early next year, perhaps at Airlie, to meet up with you. When the club gets the website going, I will give you some Townsville contacts, and you guys can do like we do. Sort out some runs, and catch up with a few Brissy gigs when you can.
Furter, if the distance is too far to drive, fly down fro a run and travel in style with another member!

I have met some lifelong friends thru this club, and the membership cost is worth that alone!!!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 11:36 PM   #3
CrankR
XR6 Madness

Might friend in Townsville is always catching up with people in their Ford club. I'll ask him about the details and get back to you.
Custom Tune, Underdrives, Paccie #4490's with 2 1/2 Magnaflow
CrankR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 06:37 AM   #4
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Also we have a few cars in Mackay
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 06:53 AM   #5
smitsy289
smitsy

Hi Ho...Are there any XR6 clubs in the Gladstone region at the moment. Havn't heard of any, but there seems to be alot of XR6's GT's and XR8's in the area. If there isn't would anyone be interested in kicking something off around for the area, If there is anyone else in the area let me know what u think.
And...do you guy's in Brizzy and the Coast with the bigger clubs go for runs up this way from time to time.
Cheers
Old 14-10-2005, 07:09 AM   #6
tucky
Central QUEENSLANDER

Talking

Hi SMITSY289 give MNM a private message with your contacts, we have a group of about a dozen cars in CQ (Rocky, Gladstone< Gracemere, Biloela, Emerald etc) who are members of the XR6 Xr8 club of Queensland, we have a ball, all comitted Ford owners who love cars.
Give MNM a private message with your details, he is in Gladstone, I am sure he will call you and give you some details
Tucky
Old 14-10-2005, 07:18 AM   #7
smitsy289
smitsy

Cheers Tucky...Maybe the start of something good.
Old 14-10-2005, 10:40 PM   #8
foxylady

Talking Howdy

Howdy from the fox clan. We are also a part of this little CQ group and when we went on our first run it was the best thing we ever did. We are the mob from Gracemere. I you want an opinion. JOIN JOIN JOIN.
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #9
smitsy289
smitsy

How can I argue with that...I noticed a falcon the other day with the Falcon 45 sticker on it is this the club sticker ? foxy I was at Gracemere Wreckers the other day and notince a BAGT an XY ute and I think and XR6 cruising past was that you and yours.
Old 15-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #10
foxylady

Default falcon 45

You may spot a few of us clubbies sporting these special souvenirs of our run to Hedden Valley this year to celebrate 45 years of ford in australia. Feel free to come and say hi if you spot us around. The missus aften takes the car to Gladstone for work. Since joining this mad mob we never seem to have a spare minute- love it. :
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #11
*rayman*
454 Power

Nashy, yes there is a ford club in townsville... NQ Performance Ford club i think its called.... The boys at autobarn have their details.

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
*rayman* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2005, 11:27 PM   #12
V8RUMBLE
BLUE BLOOD

I'm in the NQ Performance Ford Club. Most members are based around Townsville and Cairns, but we do have members as far down as Mackay. We have over 70 members in the club. The club has most models of Fords in it including most variants of XRs and GTs.
Website is: http://www.nqperformancefordclubcair...orum/index.php

Member of NQPFC
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post