Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 22-09-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
nashy

Default 04 XR6 Fuel Consumption

He all : Just recently got myself a 2004 XR6 and wanted to know what type of fuel usage others where getting?

nashy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 09:57 PM   #2
SP Ken

G'day Nashy,

Prior to my current car, an F6 Typhoon, I owned a 2003 N/A XR6. What a great car. My experience with it, although it had extractors, 2 1/2 in exhaust and Unichip, was that I got around 12 - 13 around town and as low as high 9s to low 10s on country trips.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine. It was sad leaving it at the dealers but the tears of joy started when I drove out in the F6.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 23-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Default Fuel

i always use 98 premium in my car, I know i dont have a DOHC but i get anywhere from 600-680kms out of a tank with all sorts of driveing.
I have a EL XR6 with a few mods as listed below
Old 23-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #4
phoon
BOLLOCKS

ditto to Kens experience, my 2003 xr6 gets 12 to 13L per 100k aroung town and 9 to 10 on highway. I also have a typhoon which is getting similar figures
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 12:54 PM   #5
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Hi Nashy,
I have XR6 2004,auto and i get 12 to 13 around town,and i am a lead foot also.Enjoy your car,I love mine!
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 03:26 PM   #6
nashy

I am getting pretty much the same as the rest of you. was really suprised when i dropped it into 5th gear and sat in cruise control that it went down to 9l/100km.
nashy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 03:42 PM   #7
SEXR6

hey,
i have an 04' xr6 and i can get as low as 7L/100kms with cruise set at about 115-120kmh. but with around town driving i average 13L/100kms. they chew the fuel really bad when you have some fun though... _2:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post