Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 03-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Flash635
Starter Motor

Default Radio error code

When I bought my 1997 LX the radio display showed err.
I have the code but I can't input it because the display doesn't show "code".

I've removed the head unit and unplugged the power and reinstalled it, it still shows "err".

Any suggestions?

Flash635 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
fordmondeoman

well im not 100% sure on this but i would say the code has been incorrectly put in wrong 3 times and when this happens the unit locks out. To rest it back usually you have to leave the ign on for about 1hr and then the radio will give you 3 more attempts again for the code.
This is a guess though
Old 23-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
Flash635
Starter Motor

I got it working. What I had to do was keep fiddling with it until I managed to turn the head unit off so that it was off when I turned the ign on.

Then I turned the head unit on and it displayed 'code'.

I entered the code and now I know how crappy my speakers are.
Flash635 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash635
I entered the code and now I know how crappy my speakers are.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post