Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 15-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #91
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Default Re: AFF Statistics

Great work Russ, well done!

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #92
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Russ...Working behind the scenes so we don't have too.

What other forum honestly allows you to see this kind of information? NONE! Thanks again Russ! The hours you put in are appreciated! .

Thank you!
Old 20-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #93
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I mentioned in the post above that we have been blocking IP addresses for invalid registrations wherever we have multiple registrations from the same IP Class C range.

I thought it might be interesting to look at where these were coming from over the last 3 months we have been doing it.

In total there have been 13,208 which averages out at 146 per day and (counting out Australia/NZ) there are somewhere around 194 other countries in the world and we have had invalid registration attempts from 130 of them!

Topping the chart is China with 23% of the total, closely followed by the US with 20% and Russia with 9.8% - after that they are fairly close. The chart below shows any above 200 entries.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #94
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It's time again to do the annual review of the Technical Portal to see how that has fared this year.

Happily, there has been considerably more activity in the portal this year with it now being responsible for about 9% of the total site traffic which is more than double that of a year ago.

Here are the top 20 for all-time views:

Article

BA Falcon Centre Stack Trim & ICC Removal
AU - BA Changing front hub

The Engine - Part 1
BA & AU Door Actuators
Synthetic Oils Review
BA Bumper Bar Removal Car Audio Tutorial 6 – Wiring, Caps etc

Exhausts - I6 Engines
Build Year and Month
Cluster Illumination Colour Change
Car Audio Tutorial 1 - Speaker Selection

AU Centre Finish & Radio Removal
Engine Codes - XR to BA Falcon
AU Falcon Audio Removal / Installation

EEC-V - Part 1 - Introduction
Basic Vehicle Servicing - Timing

BA Traction Control - Tech Brief
Installing LEDs in AU Power Window Buttons

Deciphering VIN Codes
Car Care Supplement - BA Falcon

Below is a graphical representation of the Top 30 articles followed by the next 30 in order of total views.

While those figures show what has happened over the last 7 years, some articles haven't been around that long so here is a look at the ones that were most read during 2011 - the list below looks at the Top 20 while the graph contains the Top 30.

Article
Cluster Illumination Colour Change (by I_Con)
Falcon / Territory Rear Diff Bush Replacement (by AWD Chaser)
AU - BA Changing front hub (by ronwest)
BA Falcon Centre Stack Trim & ICC Removal

BA-BF I6 Modification Guide (compiled by XRCIST)
2010 Truck Sales
FPV Colour Mix BA-BF
Ford Australia Sales Stats - Q4 2007

Miscellaneous Stats - 12 (December) 2008
HOW TO: BA-BF MP3 Auxiliary Kit Installation (by grahill)

Ford Australia Sales Statistics - 2005-12 (December)
Ford Australia Sales Statistics - 12 (December) 2006

Audio Upgrade Part 1 (by turbo terror)
Supplementary Stats - 12 (December) 2009
2009 Truck Sales
FPV Sales - 2006
Falcon v Commodore Sales 2003-2004

2009 Ford vs Holden Performance Sales ***UPDATED***
Servicing the BTR Auto Transmission (by johnydep)
FPV Sales - 2005

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 22-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #95
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Hey Russ,
Is the tech portal keyword searchable like the forums are?
Old 22-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #96
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

If they were included in the statistical count (they aren't) then the following would also have made the Top 20 for views in 2011.

ADR 80/02 - Emission Control for Heavy Vehicles
NT IBV74 - Re-registration of a Repairable Write-off
NCOP16 - Appendices - Updated 1/2011
Street Rod COP Appendix 4 - Mounting Jaguar IRS

AU Falcon Wiring Diagrams
BA Falcon Wiring Schematics
Commonwealth VSB13 Seats with Integrated Seatbelts
Victoria VS25 Sectionalised Repairs
NSW VSI 57 - Guidelines for Driving in Snow & Ice
NT IBV59 - Mandatory Covering of Loose Bulk Loads
Victoria VS05 - Motorhome Conversions **UPDATED 9/09**

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 22-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #97
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
Hey Russ,
Is the tech portal keyword searchable like the forums are?
It does appear to be as long as you are not at the top level menu - for some reason the search there is not using the same function. In any of the sub headed areas the key word search appears to work.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 22-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #98
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

many hours of work in that lot, thanks for the detailed graphs...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 08:05 PM   #99
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
many hours of work in that lot, thanks for the detailed graphs...

Also good to see some great how-to articles submitted by members as well. Allowing everyone to "have a go" at some of their own mods ... or at least have a better understanding of their own vehicles.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2011, 08:25 PM   #100
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Ha, I'll let Con know he submitted the most read article for 2011.
He'll get a thrill from that.

Cheers for all the work Russ, we do appreciate it.

Rob
Old 01-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #101
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Annual Statistics

We don't normally look at these on an annualised basis but here are a few I've taken a quick look at.

Data

We only have detail data for the last 4 years but I can say that Year 1 (2005) ran just under 1 Terabyte for the entire year whereas the year 2011 was just over 7 Terabytes.

Unique Site Visits

Again, we only have detail data for the last 4 years but Year 1 (2005) ran just over 320,000 for the entire year whereas the year 2011 was just over 2.5 Million.

Hits

Again, we only have detail data for the last 4 years but Year 1 (2005) ran just over 220 Million for the entire year whereas the year 2011 was just under 700 Million.

Registrations

Here, we have detail data for the last entire forum history - fairly consistent growth in numbers with 43,450 new registrations in 2011.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #102
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

The last 2 years have been a massive leap in new registrations.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #103
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

January 2012 Stats

Data
A big increase in data use during the month with 19 of the top 20 entries coming in January (they are the ones in blue) and a new single day peak of just over 37 Gb.

Responses
Fairly stable - only one day in January making the Top 20 but the daily average (1t just over 2 million) set the 2nd highest ever.

Pages
12 of the days in January made the top 20 list, still well short of the December 11 peak but the daily average of 807,321 set a new benchmark.

Total Hits
The 3rd highest since we started keeping records with just over 62.5 million for the month.

Total Pages
A new record at 25,026,497.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 03-03-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #104
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Mind numbing figures for a little Aussie based forum
Is it possible to collate the new registration figures against the inactive accounts to see a drop of figure ? I would assume a account with no movement in the past 24 months could be classed as dormant / inactive.

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #105
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I have often wondered if that could be measured too.

Do you have figures also Russ, on how many threads are created per month? or is that hard to measure? It would be interesting to see the figures on that.

Cheers
Col
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #106
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

How does this site rate with other Ford based forums?

I dont know if google is just linked to my history but AFF comes up all the time.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #107
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
How does this site rate with other Ford based forums?

I dont know if google is just linked to my history but AFF comes up all the time.
Australia we rank 2nd for all automotive forums behind the Skyline one. Globally, we are 8th for all Ford forums based on total posts but 3rd for total posts in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Mind numbing figures for a little Aussie based forum
Is it possible to collate the new registration figures against the inactive accounts to see a drop of figure ? I would assume a account with no movement in the past 24 months could be classed as dormant / inactive.
That can be done - will take a bit of doing but I'll have a go this evening after I get back from the smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I have often wondered if that could be measured too.

Do you have figures also Russ, on how many threads are created per month? or is that hard to measure? It would be interesting to see the figures on that.

Cheers
Col
Threads per month for the last 13 months is below:

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #108
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Ok - as requested:

Inactive users compared to registration for each year 2005 - 2010. The earlier years are somewhat advantaged by the fact that they would have been purged (we are due for another by the look of it).

For the purposes of these diagrams, inactive is defined as not having any activity since Feb 1st last year - 12 months.

I would think the ~30% post-purge mark is about right for those early years and pre-purge it's likely to have been around the 40% mark.

2009 is now due to be purged and a dummy run of the purge shows that only about 2,300 of those 10,139 inactive users would remain (they have at least 1 post) which would leave the percentage at 37% - higher than the other years but that is expected given the changes in the viewing capability we introduced that year.

I would expect a similar (if not higher percentage) result for 2010 if we check it in a years time for much the same reason. The higher registration numbers are largely caused because people who got here via a google search in answer to a question have to register (in most cases) to view that result. Once they have that answer, clearly about half never return.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 03-03-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #109
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

February 2012

Data
A new monthly peak for the average data usage at 33.8 Gb per day. Also a new monthly total peak at a fraction over 1 Terabyte and 12 of the days in February made the top 20 which included two new highest figures - setting the highest single day at just over 38.7 Gb.

Pages
12 days in February made the top 20 for page counts with a new peak figure of 941,360 pages served in a single day. The average pages per day also set a new record at just over 800,000 although the total pages for the month was down on January but there were obviously two less days as well.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 03-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #110
Geez Louise
Awesome

Any idea what made it peak? That is a heck of a lot of page views!
Old 30-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #111
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

I don't normally post stats information until the end of the month but this has been a record breaking month so I wanted to share that good news.

For the first time we are now consistently over 1,000,000 pages served a day (11 days this month have been over that mark) with a new single day benchmark of 1,163,306 set yesterday.

We have also had three days this month that have topped 40 Gb of traffic with a new high of 40.84 Gb set on the 17th.

I'll post the graphs early in May but those are amazing numbers.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #112
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

As promised, here are the stats from April. Note that in the Top xx charts, the blue entires are new highs for the month.

Page Data

The Top 20 page sheet is completely filled with entries from April, including a new record of 1,163,306 set on the 29th.

This also resulted in a new benchmark for the average number of pages served per day at 996,716 which substantially eclipsed the previous figure of 833,511 set in March.

There were also 12 days in April that exceeded the million page mark.

Data

Hand in hand with the increased page counts goes a corresponding increase in the data used with a new high average of 36.6 Gb per day in April and a new single day peak of 40.85 Gb on the 17th.

To put that in perspective, in 2007 we were using about 240 Gb per month while this last month was just under 1,200 Gb!

Responses

Responses per day also hit a new high at 2,094,480 and a new monthly total high of 62,831,389.

Visits

Thanks mostly to keeping the unwanted visitors out, the unique visitor numbers are fairly stable at between 100-103,000 per month.

Registrations

Also stable again after the wild fluctuations seen early last year the figure has settled around 5-600 per week - 623 being the average for 2012.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 06-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #113
Geez Louise
Awesome

Some very impressive stats there Russ. Good to see

Cheers
Col
Old 12-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #114
Geez Louise
Awesome

I know you are super busy Russ, but when you get a chance, can we see the breakdown area by area? Those are my favourite stats that you post up.

Cheers
Col
Old 13-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #115
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Summary

The first two charts look at the overall top level category headings in raw numbers and percentage.

As usual, the General area dominates with 31.3% of all posts (up), ahead of the Club/Speciality with 22.76% (down) and Ford Passenger 20.85% (up) sections.

General Topics

Still dominated by the Pub with a slightly improved 44.9% of the posts in this area, followed by The Bar (26.3% and slightly down) and everything else a distant place holder.

Club

This section is still led by ORSM Cruisers (up to 21%) ahead of the FPV/XR Club of Queensland (slightly up at 18.3%) and the Ford Coupe Club (up 3 points to 16.8%).

Forum based car clubs

This continues to be led by OzECruisers (down to 35.3%), ahead of AU Falcon (steady at 27.8%) and B-Series (up to 24.7%).

Passenger Cars

This section (after some changes were made to the format) is now led by Territory (steady at 15.1%) ahead of the former leading FPV and Boss Powered (down slightly to 15.0%) and of AU to BA (13.8%) which overtook FPV, F6 with 13.6%.

Workshop

This area is dominated by Cleveland with 21.6% of the posts followed by LPG (11.2%) and Ford 6 (10.5%) - all fractionally down except the LPG section.

Event

This area is now led by WA/SA/NT with 34.1% of the posts followed by Vic/Tas (33.1%).

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 13-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #116
Geez Louise
Awesome

WOW! Thank you Russ. Didn't expect you to post them up so quick
Old 13-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #117
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I enjoy reading all the stats, really does give a great breakdown of the forums.

Thanks for your constant work in updating these Russ, I know there's probably not that many people who would be interested in seeing it all but I for one do appreciate being able to see them all.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #118
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I enjoy reading all the stats, really does give a great breakdown of the forums.

Thanks for your constant work in updating these Russ, I know there's probably not that many people who would be interested in seeing it all but I for one do appreciate being able to see them all.
Hear hear..

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #119
Cobramad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Once again, thanks for all the tremendous stats and the effort to collate and post them for us all to view and compare. Your hard work certainly helps many of us understand how our forum works, over its entire life. Brilliant!
Cobramad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #120
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Here are the stats from May. Note that in the Top xx charts, the blue entires are new highs for the month.

Page Data

The Top 20 page sheet is half filled with entries from May, including a new record of 1,457,932 set on the 10th. All but 9 days of the month exceeded 1 million pages served.

This also resulted in a new benchmark for the average number of pages served per day at 1,048,013 which substantially eclipsed the previous figure set in April.

Data

Hand in hand with the increased page counts goes a corresponding increase in the data used with a new high average of 38.03 Gb per day in May and a new single day peak of 48.57 Gb on the 11th.

To put that in perspective, in 2007 we were using about 240 Gb per month while this last month was just under 1,200 Gb!

This also resulted in a new high average per day at 42.8 Gb.

Responses

Responses per day also hit a new high average at 2,362,298 per day and a new monthly total high of 66,812,501.

Visits

Thanks mostly to keeping the unwanted visitors out, the unique visitor numbers are fairly stable at between 100-103,000 per month.

Registrations

Also stable again after the wild fluctuations seen early last year the figure has settled around 5-600 per week - 596 being the current average for 2012.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae