Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Power source for drivers electric seat???

As per the title I am trying to figure out where I can connect the drivers seat to in order to power the electic base. I have fitted my wagon with a Fairmont floor loom however, the dam thing is missing one up spec bit if wiring and that is the electric connector for the drivers seat.

I am sure there is a circuit I can connect it too but not sure which as I don't want to keep on blowing fuses. If anyone knows a good circuit or another wiring harness I can connect it into that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Rhys

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Evgeni
Auto Nerd

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: In recognition of the many hours spent scanning information for the benefit of AFF members. 
Default Re: Power source for drivers electric seat???

If your not using the mobile accessories plug near the BCM, I'd be tempted to run a wire from here. There are 2 power feeds and a ground that are already wired up to a 15a fuse. Plug is only on with key in the accessories position.
Evgeni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in my XR6 it was under the carpet, there is a cutout in the carpet in the middle of the seat base .
Mine had 4 door power windows which uses a different harness to the 2 door power windows so not sure if the plug is there in all cars

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeni
If your not using the mobile accessories plug near the BCM, I'd be tempted to run a wire from here. There are 2 power feeds and a ground that are already wired up to a 15a fuse. Plug is only on with key in the accessories position.
Thanks for that Info. Hadn't thought bout that one. Was checking some wiring diagrams today and it seems that the power windows and seats are using a 30amp fuse. Not too sure how a 15amp fuse will handle that though?

au3xr6
The entire floor loom has been replaced with a new one from ford. I now have 4 working power windows compared to the original forte spec only having 2. Also, the instrument cluster correctly identifies individual doors being open. The one thing this loom didn't have was provision for electric seats :(

Toy Car Build
Old 27-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Just tap into any fuse... With my BA seats in my EF, they're only wired up to a 10 amp fuse, but I dont adjust it too often...
Old 28-09-2012, 10:24 AM   #6
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Hi Rhys.

I am sure you have seen this from the wiring diagrams, but if you pop your dash fuse panel out, there is a 7 wire plug behind (C181) with a Grey w Yellow. This grey w Yellow wire is the factory power source for seats.

This wire goes to C50, which from the diagram appears to be, from the diagrams behind the driver's side kick panel.

The wire remains as a Grey w Yellow, so you may be able trace it from there or join your own wire in at any point along the way (if this wire is in fact in your loom?). At minimum, you should be able to access from behind the fuse panel.

Hope that helps.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
Gaz
Got Ghia?

It should be a 2 pin plug at the seat end.

It runs off the power window circuit it appears. (circuit breaker in interior fuse box, not fuse).

It runs from the fuse box, to the drivers kick panel there is a large plug there, and from there to the seat. Should be a Grey and Yellow stripe wire in that plug in the kick panel (near the middle on the clip side) which runs to power the seat. The wire out might not be there in the loom.

I'll throw a diagram up tonight if I get time if you don't have the full manual.

****EDIT

Beaten by Stu!

That C-50 plug is in the drivers kick panel.
Old 28-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers guys that is a massive help!!! I have seen these diagrams however I struggle to read them and figure out what they are showing me :/

Toy Car Build
Old 14-12-2015, 06:38 PM   #9
Rfordsfun

Hi Fellas, I'm looking where to wire my AU2 electric seats, into a forte AU3, the seats have the yellow grey / black wire, I have my whole fairmont ghia looms, car wrecked panel damage. and was looking to wire up the rear windows aswell ? can someone please what to do ? can I just replace the floor loom? that connects to seat and rear windows ? so window looms too ? or like was said, just piggy back the seat of some thing else ? I am very limited on car electricals but I get the current /earth ^ switch fuse etc. thanks in advance merry christmas. should I shred the looms and use the parts i require ?
Rfordsfun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #10
OzriderXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD View Post
Hi Rhys.

I am sure you have seen this from the wiring diagrams, but if you pop your dash fuse panel out, there is a 7 wire plug behind (C181) with a Grey w Yellow. This grey w Yellow wire is the factory power source for seats.

This wire goes to C50, which from the diagram appears to be, from the diagrams behind the driver's side kick panel.

The wire remains as a Grey w Yellow, so you may be able trace it from there or join your own wire in at any point along the way (if this wire is in fact in your loom?). At minimum, you should be able to access from behind the fuse panel.

Hope that helps.

Stu

I'm about to fit my electric drivers seat, I've found the Grey / Yellow wire but I'm not sure from the info above if I still need to put a fuse in when I splice into it?

Anyone give me some advise?

AUII XR8 200KW
FG MK2 XR6
Mini 850
Rover P5 3 Litre Mk1
OzriderXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2016, 09:51 PM   #11
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Gy-Y is already fused as shown in top box of 1st image above.

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-03-2016, 11:24 PM   #12
OzriderXR8

Thanks AUIILTD, never could read those damn things.

AUII XR8 200KW
FG MK2 XR6
Mini 850
Rover P5 3 Litre Mk1
OzriderXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-02-2017, 03:41 PM   #13
wheels572
Starter Motor

hi guys,
i recently acquired a seat of leather seats out of a bf fairmont ghia and am wanting to fit them in to my 98 custom transit.
any ideas on what i need to do to get the electrics on the droivers seat to work as we don't currenrtly have a wiring loom to tap in to.
wheels572 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post