Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 10:12 PM   #181
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Default Re: Falcon GTHO Revived

The rolling acceleration times are a real concern. I expected the times to absolutely blitz any factory Miami. That's seemingly not the case.

On paper, this package reads well. Looking at the quality of the products, clearly they are extremely well engineered.

Yet, for all of that engineering, there's little to show for it in straight-line performance.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2019, 12:52 AM   #182
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
This user likes this post:
Old 04-05-2019, 06:59 AM   #183
baboon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: went to the trouble of posting up some great Vids of the AFF drag meet 

Exhaust Muffler

Old 04-05-2019, 07:07 PM   #184
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw Bernie in the Holy Grail XR8 last weekend and it sounded absolutely fantastic. I'll definitely be fitting this exhaust to my XR8.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #185
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

What do you get for $4500. Full exhaust including headers ??

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 04-05-2019, 10:41 PM   #186
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For 4500 you still get the OEM riveted on aluminium tips ?

The thread title is GTHO revived .........not even close ....this is what the Sprint should have been IMO

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 04-05-2019, 10:57 PM   #187
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
To my knowledge it's a cat back.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:07 PM   #188
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
It's just a cat back. Full system would be $10K+
Old 04-05-2019, 11:35 PM   #189
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I just did some research. My 2005 F6 stock is faster the their holy snail. That's sad.

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 05-05-2019, 10:51 AM   #190
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
I just did some research. My 2005 F6 stock is faster the their holy snail. That's sad.
Look...
Im mot a huge fan of this package either, the price is extortion at best.
However, the engineering is solid and the quality and thought process of what needed to be done is exemplary.

There is no way your stock F6 would even get a glimpse of this thing round a track. In all honesty, it may even get lapped after 3 rounds.
This package was designed to give some chassis cred to a big boofy sedan. straight line heroics arent always the hallmark of a great car. For the sound alone on WOT you’de happily give away half a car length at the lights... lol

So whilst i agree with your sentiment... i think there is a bigger picture in play here. Remember, the XW, XY GTHO’s didn’t make their name being drag queens, they earnt their stripes on a mountain race track, lap after lap after lap.

Horses for courses i guess.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
4 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2019, 11:10 AM   #191
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Agree it would be quite good on a racetrack. BUT Premcar talk it up SO much, with comments like holy grail and GTHO and then the car doesnt perform. Its still power limited in the lower gears and speed limited to 235kph. So what they are saying is they dont want any warranty issues. They are thinking just like a FORD bean counter.

They could make a killa car. But they make an average power performance car and then bend you over on price.

$4500 for cat back, come on.....

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 05-05-2019, 11:18 AM   #192
Johnnydoof
Starter Motor

Why didnt they just sell the upgrades separately at a decent price. Limitng this to 100 cars when there is a potential of thousands and thousands of these engines out there. Imagine how many intercooler systems they would sell at lets say 5k. or any other upgrade they have..
As good as it is i cant justify the price.
If from factory no problem but its not and as much as they sell it its not factory.
Comparing them to aftermarket like Herrods or Harrop there is nothing wrong with either. I mean isnt Herrods ford Performance USA now. .
A safe tune with cooler / pulley / fuel system would get you 450rwkw these days for 10k.
I wonder if putting the new tyres they use straight on a sprint falcon now at the same width 285 would make a difference..
2 users like this post:
Old 05-05-2019, 04:35 PM   #193
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

If it was me, I'd be def offering this as separate part upgrade option for those of us who only want certain parts
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Old 05-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #194
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Those trailing arms are nice.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #195
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know how many packages have they sold ?

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 05-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #196
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
Remember, the XW, XY GTHO’s didn’t make their name being drag queens, they earnt their stripes on a dry mountain race track, lap after lap after lap.
Fixed.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:51 PM   #197
nt0351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

id be in for the trailing arms ,.you need as much tyre as possible when powering them up
Old 05-05-2019, 06:25 PM   #198
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The irony on the price is that this particular company may have contacted me chasing some custom work for a project they may have been working on

They baulked at the price I quoted, and it was only low 3 figures.

Yet they turn out the 'holy grail' that 90% of the cars on Fullboost would chop at 4x the price
Old 05-05-2019, 10:35 PM   #199
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Look...
Im mot a huge fan of this package either, the price is extortion at best.
However, the engineering is solid and the quality and thought process of what needed to be done is exemplary.

There is no way your stock F6 would even get a glimpse of this thing round a track. In all honesty, it may even get lapped after 3 rounds.
This package was designed to give some chassis cred to a big boofy sedan. straight line heroics arent always the hallmark of a great car. For the sound alone on WOT you’de happily give away half a car length at the lights... lol

So whilst i agree with your sentiment... i think there is a bigger picture in play here. Remember, the XW, XY GTHO’s didn’t make their name being drag queens, they earnt their stripes on a mountain race track, lap after lap after lap.

Horses for courses i guess.
What surprises me from this premcar package, is it straight line acceleration. We know it was built to handle the track, but all that power and grip levels, one would of thought low 12s quarter mile times to match the HSV W1 times.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #200
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by futura View Post
What surprises me from this premcar package, is it straight line acceleration. We know it was built to handle the track, but all that power and grip levels, one would of thought low 12s quarter mile times to match the HSV W1 times.
The Fords always DYNO more and yet are always slower on the track - been that way since T series -> B series -> FG series -> FGX
Nothing new. No one knows why ?
The answer to this conundrum is buried somewhere very deep in CORIO Bay Geelong and may never be found............

( I reckon its just the extra weighty conscience of knowing deep down that the HSV cars were always a better overall tool that weighed the Falcon down even more than its 1860 kg Kerb Weight that just made them even sluggier.... LOLS )

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 10-05-2019, 05:33 PM   #201
sir.richard
Starter Motor

Hey all,

Thought I would pop back here and see what is going on.

It is interesting to read some of the comments here, esp those that appear really keen to try to poke holes in something truly Australian and amazing.

Let's start on a reasonable point? How about this: the XR6T and Miami based Aussie fast Ford cars are awesome!! What a great bunch of vehicles for us to have access to. I have had so many good kms in them.

Last I was here I was growing ever excited about the Premcar Holy Grail offering but had no first hand knowledge.

Since then I have been delving into this, and below are my findings to date.

Now before anyone gets too annoyed - I have respect for the experience of others - I am lucky enough to have driven the manual Holy Grail and been a passenger in the Auto last week, so can comment from a degree of experience on this one. I have held almost every new component in my hand, in addition to the original OEM spec parts - the "feel" of the new parts is significantly different than the OEM. As in the newer parts are even higher spec and quality.

Im not allied with one brand, I like quality engineered solutions that will put up with my driving and do so with reliability and fun.

The Premcar cars are unbelievable. They drive like stockers (except for handling and sound) but holy hell plant it, and my initial observation was that it does not let off building power more and more as you approach 7000rpm. Not until nearing 200kph in 3rd does acceleration appear to let off even a little.

That is not an exaggeration but a first hand observation. The engine continued to pull harder and harder to 2x the normal speed limit.

Not "pulled hardest in 1st, then second, then third" but "pulled harder and harder as speed builds towards end of 3rd gear".

It is quite the experience wondering when it will let off. Then finding it doesnt, at least in the realm of the normal.

Being so driveable it woudnt surprise me if you could take off in 3rd and run all the way from 800rpm to 7000rpm in one quite incredible gear of every increasing acceleration.

The result for the car is very much like the original factory vehicles - sweet, sweet engine that loves to rev, predictable and manageable grip and a very well balanced package.

The Holy Grail is the same, but on steroids. Your Mum could drive it, and so could a v8 supercar driver getting Lambo Gallardo times (1.37 region) around Winton in your daily Aussie made 4 door family supermarket shopping vehicle.

That is epic. And it will, as the journos found out, do it reliably all day every day without letup. In fact it was at the end of a full day of journo thrashing one car that it did a 1.37 Lambo Gallardo like time.

Not a princess prepped lap with perfect everything. A thrash at the end of a long day of thrashing.

Not a "tuner review"where half the careful prepped cars failed to finish basic comparison testing as they broke or had issues - despite supposedly exciting dyno figures. Reliability anyone? For me it is a biggie as its my daily driver.

Guys if you are having trouble understanding this vehicle and why, you need to understand the difference between a mechanic doing something, and a fully engineered solution. The design and testing involved is unbelievable. Crazy. Expensive. And why? So you dont break things yourself. So you get reliability and balance despite extra power. It is what every major car brand does.

There is always someone making more power - this isnt about absolute power (talk top fuel dragsters if that is your perspective) - it is about a trustworthy, fast, legal, reliable beast sitting in your driveway that can do 1/4 mile and lap times in 40 degree temps all day every day with no heat sink, no variability in times due to intake temps or similar. And actually do them, not fail, go into limp mode, break down, reduce power or whatever.

It is about quality. These guys designed these beasts for Ford. They arent a simple aftermarket tuner. They also dont make excuses.

Anyone in doubt, if free this weekend come along to MotorEx if in Melbourne. Come have a look. Come ask THE hardest questions you can such as "You didnt do this" or "why did you do that" or whatever.

After having a good half dozen Fords since my first XR6T in 2002, I hit them (specifically Bernie) with a ton of detailed, highly specific questions - every one of which could be answered not just with why it is designed like that, but the lessons learned during development, the limitations, why it wasnt done other ways, etc. All by the very people who designed our cars in the first place. It was a HIGHLY interesting conversation.

So my suggestion - go see a Premcar Holy Grail in the flesh. I was taken by the quality of the trailing arm (not something that usually excites me!) and it was then I realised this work is WELL ahead of pretty much anything else out there. (Sorry to whoever posted a trailing arm from someone else in this thread, but there is NO comparison to the work quality and testing and engineering. If you can, come have a peek in person and form your own first hand opinion)

This weekend is a great chance for those in or who can get to Melb who have a Miami engined car to hear direct from the guys who developed your car about something more than a little interesting they have on offer. The VIP briefing for qualifying car owners is worth a visit to understand how and why this varies from other solutions.

For me..I was interested in additional power and performance, and the amazing opportunity to hand it back to the very engineers that designed it for them to redefine it's performance envelope into their ultimate planned version of the vehicle?

What a unique and incredible opportunity to undertake the work likely as best as possible by the people that know the vehicle better than anyone. To quality standards meeting or exceeding the factory solution I was happy enough to buy a few years ago.

Worth every cent. Good luck getting anything like it anywhere else.

Just come see for yourself and chat with the Premcar team - it is quite an eye opener and I'd be surprised if even the more mechanically experienced here couldnt learn something amazing about the Miami based cars from the team that created them. Some of the stories during Miami development are epic.

http://premcarholygrail.com/holy-grail-MotorEx.html

Me? The trailing arm convinced me - it appeared to be aerospace quality - belonging at least in a helicopter or similar. Every discussion since then has just reinforced what a great decision it was as Premcar have just become more and more impressive.

Anyone keen on reliable fast cars should see the Premcar approach as it is very good.

I was so impressed that I ordered and now pick my revised car up this Tuesday - mine is the black one being built in some of the recent posts

Anyone using the above link to attend to the VIP intro this Sunday come say Hi as I should be there. People without Miami engined cars I think can still see the car and team in the Herrod Performance Garage area. Go say hi! Chat with the team on any level of detail, and be sure to check out the trailing arm!
3 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #202
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.richard View Post
Hey all,

It is interesting to read some of the comments here, esp those that appear really keen to try to poke holes in something truly Australian and amazing.

Let's start on a reasonable point? How about this: the XR6T and Miami based Aussie fast Ford cars are awesome!! What a great bunch of vehicles for us to have access to. I have had so many good kms in them.

Last I was here I was growing ever excited about the Premcar Holy Grail offering but had no first hand knowledge.

Now before anyone gets too annoyed - I have respect for the experience of others - I am lucky enough to have driven the manual Holy Grail and been a passenger in the Auto last week, so can comment from a degree of experience on this one. I have held almost every new component in my hand, in addition to the original OEM spec parts - the "feel" of the new parts is significantly different than the OEM. As in the newer parts are even higher spec and quality.

Im not allied with one brand, I like quality engineered solutions that will put up with my driving and do so with reliability and fun.

The Premcar cars are unbelievable. They drive like stockers (except for handling and sound) but holy hell plant it, and my initial observation was that it does not let off building power more and more as you approach 7000rpm. Not until nearing 200kph in 3rd does acceleration appear to let off even a little.

That is not an exaggeration but a first hand observation. The engine continued to pull harder and harder to 2x the normal speed limit.

Not "pulled hardest in 1st, then second, then third" but "pulled harder and harder as speed builds towards end of 3rd gear".

It is quite the experience wondering when it will let off. Then finding it doesnt, at least in the realm of the normal.

Being so driveable it woudnt surprise me if you could take off in 3rd and run all the way from 800rpm to 7000rpm in one quite incredible gear of every increasing acceleration.

The result for the car is very much like the original factory vehicles - sweet, sweet engine that loves to rev, predictable and manageable grip and a very well balanced package.

The Holy Grail is the same, but on steroids. Your Mum could drive it, and so could a v8 supercar driver getting Lambo Gallardo times (1.37 region) around Winton in your daily Aussie made 4 door family supermarket shopping vehicle.

That is epic. And it will, as the journos found out, do it reliably all day every day without letup. In fact it was at the end of a full day of journo thrashing one car that it did a 1.37 Lambo Gallardo like time.

Not a princess prepped lap with perfect everything. A thrash at the end of a long day of thrashing.

Not a "tuner review"where half the careful prepped cars failed to finish basic comparison testing as they broke or had issues - despite supposedly exciting dyno figures. Reliability anyone? For me it is a biggie as its my daily driver.

Guys if you are having trouble understanding this vehicle and why, you need to understand the difference between a mechanic doing something, and a fully engineered solution. The design and testing involved is unbelievable. Crazy. Expensive. And why? So you dont break things yourself. So you get reliability and balance despite extra power. It is what every major car brand does.

There is always someone making more power - this isnt about absolute power (talk top fuel dragsters if that is your perspective) - it is about a trustworthy, fast, legal, reliable beast sitting in your driveway that can do 1/4 mile and lap times in 40 degree temps all day every day with no heat sink, no variability in times due to intake temps or similar. And actually do them, not fail, go into limp mode, break down, reduce power or whatever.

It is about quality. These guys designed these beasts for Ford. They arent a simple aftermarket tuner. They also dont make excuses.

Anyone in doubt, if free this weekend come along to MotorEx if in Melbourne. Come have a look. Come ask THE hardest questions you can such as "You didnt do this" or "why did you do that" or whatever.

After having a good half dozen Fords since my first XR6T in 2002, I hit them (specifically Bernie) with a ton of detailed, highly specific questions - every one of which could be answered not just with why it is designed like that, but the lessons learned during development, the limitations, why it wasnt done other ways, etc. All by the very people who designed our cars in the first place. It was a HIGHLY interesting conversation.

So my suggestion - go see a Premcar Holy Grail in the flesh. I was taken by the quality of the trailing arm (not something that usually excites me!) and it was then I realised this work is WELL ahead of pretty much anything else out there. (Sorry to whoever posted a trailing arm from someone else in this thread, but there is NO comparison to the work quality and testing and engineering. If you can, come have a peek in person and form your own first hand opinion)

This weekend is a great chance for those in or who can get to Melb who have a Miami engined car to hear direct from the guys who developed your car about something more than a little interesting they have on offer. The VIP briefing for qualifying car owners is worth a visit to understand how and why this varies from other solutions.

For me..I was interested in additional power and performance, and the amazing opportunity to hand it back to the very engineers that designed it for them to redefine it's performance envelope into their ultimate planned version of the vehicle?

What a unique and incredible opportunity to undertake the work likely as best as possible by the people that know the vehicle better than anyone. To quality standards meeting or exceeding the factory solution I was happy enough to buy a few years ago.

Just come see for yourself and chat with the Premcar team - it is quite an eye opener and I'd be surprised if even the more mechanically experienced here couldnt learn something amazing about the Miami based cars from the team that created them. Some of the stories during Miami development are epic.

Me? The trailing arm convinced me - it appeared to be aerospace quality - belonging at least in a helicopter or similar. Every discussion since then has just reinforced what a great decision it was as Premcar have just become more and more impressive.

Anyone keen on reliable fast cars should see the Premcar approach as it is very good.

I was so impressed that I ordered and now pick my revised car up this Tuesday - mine is the black one being built in some of the recent posts

Anyone using the above link to attend to the VIP intro this Sunday come say Hi as I should be there. People without Miami engined cars I think can still see the car and team in the Herrod Performance Garage area. Go say hi! Chat with the team on any level of detail, and be sure to check out the trailing arm!
Respect to your post and congrats on your purchase. Your enthusiasm is commendable.
Look, most of the gripe is around the exorbitant cost. Yeh we kinda get it, limited run specific engineering and all that but geez the entire package is mega expensive, hard to digest.
The technical stuff is definitely great :
http://www.premcarholygrail.com/holy...ification.html

Interesting to see why there wasnt any revision on one of the weakest links in the chassis.... rear bushes in general and the main rear bush itself and its housing. These flog out in a very short period of time with standard power and grip pressures so one can only imagine how they would cope with the additional forces....

Anyways, look forward to reading more about your long term ownership experience if you end up sharing it.

Cheers

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 10-05-2019, 06:28 PM   #203
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Yada yada. We can't buy the trailing arm. Only as a package. But I give it less than 6 months for one to be profiled and copied. There is a huge market for this product.

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 10-05-2019, 06:35 PM   #204
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Respect to your post and congrats on your purchase. Your enthusiasm is commendable.
Look, most of the gripe is around the exorbitant cost. Yeh we kinda get it, limited run specific engineering and all that but geez the entire package is mega expensive, hard to digest.
The technical stuff is definitely great :
http://www.premcarholygrail.com/holy...ification.html

Interesting to see why there wasnt any revision on one of the weakest links in the chassis.... rear bushes in general and the main rear bush itself and its housing. These flog out in a very short period of time with standard power and grip pressures so one can only imagine how they would cope with the additional forces....

Anyways, look forward to reading more about your long term ownership experience if you end up sharing it.

Cheers
Yep $4000 trailing arms $2 diff bush.

Premcar didn't address the weakest link in the car. They didn't even offer an upgrade.

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 11-05-2019, 02:18 AM   #205
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir.richard View Post
Hey all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender
The generic name is "cotton reel bush" if they are fully round, else it's a "D bush". You need to be fairly accurate with the ID, OD, length.

Also, clean, fresh, true rubber can be cut and joined with good quality cyanoacrylate ("superglue"). No such possibility with cold cast polyurethane (eg SuperPro, Nolathane) bushes.

Further to that, if you're really stuck, a low volume/prototyping option is Flexane 80.

I guess that sales pitch explains how many packages they've sold

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
2 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #206
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzman View Post
I guess that sales pitch explains how many packages they've sold
That's exactly what i was thinking whilst reading it, there's only 100 kits and 2 months in they're still looking for buyers, it might be a great kit but at that price its a hard sell, and that name, Holy Grail, please, for the asking price I'd expect a Hunters and Collectors CD and best seats at the next 10 AFL GF's.

Last edited by BENT_8; 11-05-2019 at 03:32 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 11-05-2019, 03:50 PM   #207
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Holy Grail, please, for the asking price I'd expect a Hunters and Collectors CD and best seats at the next 10 AFL GF's.
That would put buyers off wouldn't it?
Old 11-05-2019, 03:57 PM   #208
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
That would put buyers off wouldn't it?
It'd certainly be a toss up between that and the asking price.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #209
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

You got any of those holy grail kits left. " Yeh, a couple"

https://youtu.be/KMf_4-doa2I

Xtreme Ford Tuning

4 users like this post:
Old 12-05-2019, 09:40 PM   #210
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Did anyone here goto today's presentation at motor ex?
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
Closed Thread