Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2023, 12:56 PM   #19561
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Past topics x new data ➗ new contributors = new discussion?
Divide by zero error. Same contributors.

I like seeing the stats updates by Russ. I get tired of the people who lack critical thinking skills.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:01 PM   #19562
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Im not here to change yours or anyone's mind, you can do what you like, I am on here as this is a discussion, you have your view, I have mine and your view wont get me off the fence and get me vaccinated anymore than my view will stop you getting vaccinated.

I will look at the facts though and here is why I reached my decision ( you don't even have to read it if you don't want, I don't care )

What is the vaccine going to do for ME if I take it? this is what I look at before I make decisions regarding my health, for ME the facts speak for themselves, you and others may see it differently and that's your choice.

From a random Covid vaccine website

Just remember this is MY way of seeing it clearer.

Safer way to build protection?, pretty sure that's what everyone who has been vaccinated thought before they were vaccinated then caught Covid.
Supposedly I am less likely to contract it?, but there is no guarantee I wont, as most people that are vaccinated have.
Prevents serious illness, hmmm, the 1478 vaccinated people who were admitted to hospital in the 2 week period last month and the 83 that died in NSW thought that too?
Reliable way of getting protection, umm no, protected for 2 months only supposedly, then you are no different to the unvaccinated.
Protection against being hospitalised, pretty sure the 1478 last month thought that too.
They also say that if you have underlying health issues you should have it, well I have underlying respitory health issues, but have had Covid with no ill effects at all.

I can still contract it, vaccinated or not
I can still spread it, vaccinated or not
I can still be hospitalised from it, vaccinated or not
I can still die from it, vaccinated or not
There is no guarantee that the symptoms will be less severe, vaccinated or not
No guarantee that I will recover quickly, vaccinated or not.

Then there is the vaccine itself, it was hurried along, untested and not approved when they released it to the masses, the experts then found there were some fatal side affects in a few people and some long lasting side affects, I'm sorry I am not being a test rat and lining up for it, if it was a known working, non side affect vaccine I would be there with my sleeve rolled up, but its not there yet.

So in a nutshell its no different if I chose not to have it.

Like I said before, I have had Covid it was not that bad
Am I kicking myself for not getting vaccinated?, No
Did I spread it?, probably
Do I think the symptoms would have been less severe if I was vaccinated?, I very much doubt it.
Will I catch it again?, I would say most definitely
Will I recover?, I have no doubt now.

So do I need the vaccination?, I don't think so, I can see no benefit for ME, my family or the community if I do or don't

My family have their own thoughts, my wife weighed it up and decided to wait, mother in law who is 85 and has a liquorice assortment of health conditions weighed it up and decided no, my son decided to get vaccinated, but only for work purposes because he had to, other wise he was not fussed either way, we have all had Covid, for none of us it was severe at all, so I still stand beside MY own decision, as I would say they do too.

They are also saying you are more immune to not catching Covid after just having it, so technically I am naturally immunised by having had it.
If all that means you've decided to not get vaccinated .....then I'm happy you've made your decision (4 years in the making) I hope it works out well for you and your family

My apologies to everyone for taking the bait , I'll try and be stronger in the future

Thanks heaps for your continued efforts of posting graphs and statistics Russell....very informative

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 08-01-2023, 02:07 PM   #19563
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Not all vaccines will protect you 100% and if you don't believe me then consult your Phyician.

My doctor is not vaccinated against Covid, and like I posted before I am vaccinated for everything else that has been proven for many years before I was vaccinated for it, I do know that there are people that have had adverse reactions to vaccines in the past but all previous vaccines I have already had have been refined over many years to the point that said reactions are very rare, Covid vaccines have not been refined yet anywhere near any of the other vaccines, and If I was to guess the effectiveness of the Covid vaccine I would give it a 10% effectiveness as it does stop you contracting Covid for a few months, but so does catching it .

My views are not directed at anyone so please don't take offense

Its funny how heated people get when you tell them you are not vaccinated for Covid and they seem to jump straight onto the anti vaxxer status and think you are some disease carrying weirdo, but in reality it makes no difference if you are or not vaccinated for Covid, Covid is here to stay, we have to deal with it each in our own way, if you think a jab in your arm is going to be better for you than not getting it then go for it, I am not going to stop you, but I would at least like the same respect because I choose not to.

This is a discussion about Covid, it should not just be one sided or have an agenda, you may see some benefit in the vaccine that I don't, I would like to hear it just as much as I would like to hear from people who see no benefit, I will add my 2c worth in on things I see differently or I think is not right, but that's what a discussion is for isn't it?, isn't this how we make informed decisions from these sort of discussions, to close your self off from other peoples views does not help.

You can call me a crackpot or a anti vaxxer and not even read my posts that's ok I'm a big boy, but you wont change my mind by just taking a snippet of my post and not explaining why this vaccine does not do anything, we are still spreading it, we still catch it, we are still hospitalised for it, and we are still dying from it vaccinated or not, so why does everybody still insist I get vaccinated?.

On one hand the government has decided I don't need to get vaccinated anymore by relaxing all the restrictions, I am as free as the vaxxed to do as I like, then on the other hand they recommend I get vaccinated and get regular booster shots, why? they only last 2 months and I can still get Covid and we have determined now that what is around now is not as bad as the original strain, what's the point?
3 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2023, 02:39 PM   #19564
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
My doctor is not vaccinated against Covid, and like I posted before I am vaccinated for everything else that has been proven for many years before I was vaccinated for it, I do know that there are people that have had adverse reactions to vaccines in the past but all previous vaccines I have already had have been refined over many years to the point that said reactions are very rare, Covid vaccines have not been refined yet anywhere near any of the other vaccines, and If I was to guess the effectiveness of the Covid vaccine I would give it a 10% effectiveness as it does stop you contracting Covid for a few months, but so does catching it .

Its funny how heated people get when you tell them you are not vaccinated for Covid and they seem to jump straight onto the anti vaxxer status and think you are some disease carrying weirdo, but in reality it makes no difference if you are or not vaccinated for Covid, Covid is here to stay, we have to deal with it each in our own way, if you think a jab in your arm is going to be better for you than not getting it then go for it, I am not going to stop you, but I would at least like the same respect because I choose not to.

This is a discussion about Covid, it should not just be one sided or have an agenda, you may see some benefit in the vaccine that I don't, I would like to hear it just as much as I would like to hear from people who see no benefit, I will add my 2c worth in on things I see differently or I think is not right, but that's what a discussion is for isn't it?, isn't this how we make informed decisions from these sort of discussions, to close your self off from other peoples views does not help.

You can call me a crackpot or a anti vaxxer and not even read my posts that's ok I'm a big boy, but you wont change my mind by just taking a snippet of my post and not explaining why this vaccine does not do anything, we are still spreading it, we still catch it, we are still hospitalised for it, and we are still dying from it vaccinated or not, so why does everybody still insist I get vaccinated?.

On one hand the government has decided I don't need to get vaccinated anymore by relaxing all the restrictions, I am as free as the vaxxed to do as I like, then on the other hand they recommend I get vaccinated and get regular booster shots, why? they only last 2 months and I can still get Covid and we have determined now that what is around now is not as bad as the original strain, what's the point?
You guys remind me of the alphabet people and their pronouns. I really don’t care whether you’re Vaxxed or how you identify , but you’re going to make sure I know.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:54 PM   #19565
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
You guys remind me of the alphabet people and their pronouns. I really don’t care whether you’re Vaxxed or how you identify , but you’re going to make sure I know.
Hmmm, hypocrisy, offers nothing but attacks someone who has a different opinion than themselves and will make it also known

Let me break this down
Quote:
"You guys"
, so I have been labelled into a group now, I have never labelled anyone here because their view differed to mine, but I seem to be a outcast all of a sudden?
Quote:
"remind me of the alphabet people and their pronouns"
, well at least I have been given a group to be labelled with, even though it has nothing to do with not wanting a vaccination, but if it helps you sleep at night, OK.
Quote:
"I really don’t care whether you’re Vaxxed or how you identify"
I'm pleased you don't care that I'm vaxxed or not, but I dont identify as anything, so its really not needed.
Quote:
"but you’re going to make sure I know"
and there's the Hypocrisy.

Last edited by prktkljokr; 08-01-2023 at 03:21 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2023, 04:23 PM   #19566
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

All good, I respect your decision as how you see it.

Cheers
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2023, 06:29 PM   #19567
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Anyway, back on topic...

China keeps saying no to US offers of COVID vaccines

Quote:
Washington: China has rebuffed repeated US offers to share advanced vaccines as Beijing battles a fast-spreading wave of COVID-19, a rejection that’s led to growing frustration among American officials concerned about a resurgence of the pandemic in the US.
https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/ch...07-p5cayh.html

China celebrity deaths spark fears over death toll

Quote:
The growing number of Chinese public figures whose deaths are being made public is prompting people to question the official Covid death toll.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-64173824
Old 08-01-2023, 06:39 PM   #19568
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You might be thinking about the UK. Very early on they were doing some "dodgey" counting. If someone died, they looked back through their medical records, and if they had a positive test within 3 weeks from date of death, it was counted as a covid death.
Nah, I'm sure this was the US. It was very early on too. I saw it as a press conference where someone from a Health Department was being asked questions. Then saw it a few more times with public commentary about how ridiculous it was. Can't find it at the moment though.

At the time Trump was very critical of how statistics were being gathered. Made many comments about the same thing, that unrelated deaths were causing figures to be over exaggerated.

Quote:
Past topics x new data ➗ new contributors = new discussion?
Old 09-01-2023, 07:28 PM   #19569
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Tell me, are Dr Peter McCollough, Dr Robert Malone, Dr Mike Yeadon and Dr Judy Mikovits all wrong about their synopsis of the vaccine and its dangers? Or should I trust the government and its health agencies the vaccine is safe and effective?
Well, if you're willing to put your faith into doctors who have credibility issues, like these 4 who really have no authority to speak on the subject, then why not put your faith in the government and it's health agencies too. Becomes much of a muchness in the end.

Yeadon worked with respiratory and allergen medications, focusing on respiratory and asthma. He had never worked on a vaccine of any type in his life and when he opened his mouth during the pandemic he hadn't worked for Pfizer for some 10 years.

Mikovits is a long term conspiracy theorist, discredited scientist and thief who hasn't worked in the medical field for nearly 10 years now from memory.

And Malone, my favourite is always Malone. The SELF declared inventor of the mRNA vaccine, who did absolutely no such thing. 30 years ago he added compound A to compound B and out popped the basis for the mRNA technology. He saw promise in it for vaccines and other medications, but didn't get much past that due to disagreements with his lab that saw him fired and the patent and licence eventually sold off. He and his wife have actually written about how terrible it is that people are making money off his work and he gets nothing from it. The noise he's made over the last couple of years is his bitter response because he doesn't get to share in the money generated by mRNA vaccines.

The name McCollough sounds familiar, but nothing comes to mind past that. But given the other names he's grouped in with I can already guess he's not worth doing much research on.

I'd like to see some of these arguments come armed with valid medical professionals who are current and qualified to speak on the subject. Not has-beens with an axe to grind seeking relevance.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2023, 08:30 PM   #19570
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Galactically embarrassing for Rommy-boy. I presume he's done the decent thing and gone rouge with the shame of it.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:12 PM   #19571
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Who else feels like they are somewhat short of breath since being forcibly vaccinated? I do.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Old 09-01-2023, 09:43 PM   #19572
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
I expected the character assassination of the 4 Dr's I mentioned, that was easy pickings.

What's not been debunked is the statement from Janine Small from Pfizer, giggling when stating the Pfizer covid vaccine was never tested for its ability to block transmission of the virus, the basis of the vaccine.

It took over 100 years for science to discredit Big Tobacco's stand that nicotine wasn't addictive and smoking didnt cause lung cancer - which was argued by big tobacco using the best industry paid scientists and doctors money could buy. The pharmaceutical industry is using the same the same playbook. And it's sucked a lot of people in believing their 'science'.
Thoroughly debunked here;
https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N31F20E
You're welcome..
Old 09-01-2023, 10:04 PM   #19573
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Thoroughly debunked here;
https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N31F20E
You're welcome..
https://www.pfizer.com/people/leader...rs/james_smith

Got my sceptic hat on when reading anything out of Reuters about anything Pfizer. They seem to have twisted what social media were originally claiming, that gov and health officials were spreading "disinformation" (about the vaccine stopping transmission), not Pfizer themselves. In fact, Pfizer said very little on the record.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 10-01-2023, 12:22 AM   #19574
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I expected the character assassination of the 4 Dr's I mentioned, that was easy pickings.
Then why write it like you are trying to wow the population with credible sources? I'm assuming because its the only thing in your arsenal.

But I suppose one persons character assassination is another's truth and fact. I'm yet to see anyone dispute what I wrote as incorrect or lacking in fact.

Are you also going to tell us that the inventor of the PCR test told everyone his test was not accurate and can't detect covid too?

Quote:
What's not been debunked is the statement from Janine Small from Pfizer, giggling when stating the Pfizer covid vaccine was never tested for its ability to block transmission of the virus, the basis of the vaccine.
I was coming back to this. Had to have dinner first before I could come back to play.

That EU Commission was nothing more than a bull**** sensationalist gotcha type question from a ****head politician trying to wow the population with his little brain. If she was giggling it was probably because she thought he was a ****head too.

Why do I say this? Because of this. As you read through it, check out the date it was written.

Quote:
When it comes to COVID-19, researchers have been primarily focused on the vaccines' protective efficacy — how well they protect people from falling ill.

In clinical trials, the Pfizer vaccine was found to be 95 per cent effective at reducing disease. But whether it stopped people from getting infected in the first place isn't yet known — because it wasn't measured.

Larisa Labzin, an immunologist at the University of Queensland, says it's possible there were people in the Pfizer trial who received the vaccine, got infected with COVID-19, but didn't develop any symptoms.

They wouldn't have been identified, nor included in Pfizer's analysis, because researchers were specifically looking at whether the vaccine stopped or reduced the severity of COVID-19 symptoms — not whether the vaccine prevented infection in the first place.
I like this one because its not classified as a poo newspaper.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...38kIoqDz2LDOXk

So, 18 months before this "explosive" and "unexpected" testimony with the EU Commission it was publicly knowledged in our own media that blocking of transmission was never tested for.

But then I always comeback to the fact, when did a vaccine stop being a vaccine? At what point did it also become a cure and transmission blocking poison for a virus? Because apparently a vaccine is now all that too.

Or is it just THIS vaccine? Or does a vaccine have a new definition? Or is this not a vaccine, but something different again? Call me confused.

It's said pretty well in that article.

Quote:
The goal of vaccination is, first and foremost, to stop people getting sick, says Nigel McMillan, director of infectious diseases and immunology at Menzies Health.
Quote:
Sometimes, vaccines are also able to stop us from getting infected in the first place — and therefore prevent us from passing the virus onto others. This is known as sterilising immunity.

"That's a very high bar for vaccines, and not all vaccines do that," Professor McMillan says.

The measles vaccine does; as does the hepatitis B jab. But they're very much in the minority.
So this non-poo newspaper is saying that vaccines are not meant to prevent transmission and its extremely rare that they ever do.

I look at it this way...

Ever year I get a flu shot. I hope that this flu shot should stop the virus from taking hold should I get infected, but if it does take hold I hope that it will prevent the kind of serious illness that might put me into hospital or on my deathbed. It doesn't always work like that, but that is the hope and expectation.

I am under no illusion that I've probably been infected with the flu a handful of times in my life and not known. And I'm under no illusion that if it is in my body that I can and am likely to transmit to to other people.

Any lowering of the chances of transmission to other people rely on the premise that if the vaccine stops the virus from taking hold mean the quantity of virus in my body is so low that the chance of sharing it is miniscule. As compared to getting rather sick and every time I sneeze, cough, fart or touch something with my infected hands, the quantity of the virus I am sharing is large enough to be a concern that I might share it with someone.

Quite simply I think if anyone expects anything more out of a vaccine than that they have rocks in their head.

What I think your trying to say is your expectation is this vaccine should kill the virus the instant it comes into contact with any part of your body, essentially a poison for the virus. Like a dog flea and tick treatment. Because that is the only way to stop transmission.

And the other thing I've never seen adequately explained is the definition of transmission in this case? That I should not be able to sneeze or cough it on to someone? Or rubbing my eyes and then shaking a persons hand wont share it? Or me touching a virus carrying object and then shaking someone's hand wont share it?

Last edited by arm79; 10-01-2023 at 12:29 AM.
Old 10-01-2023, 03:06 AM   #19575
mostly_broncos

2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2023, 08:12 AM   #19576
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
But then I always comeback to the fact, when did a vaccine stop being a vaccine? At what point did it also become a cure and transmission blocking poison for a virus? Because apparently a vaccine is now all that too.

Or is it just THIS vaccine? Or does a vaccine have a new definition? Or is this not a vaccine, but something different again? Call me confused.

It's said pretty well in that article.
The problem is not so much what people, informed or otherwise, individually expected of a vaccine. But more so what the masses were told by the "experts". The very people we are supposed to trust. Here are a couple of examples, one from CDC and one from Fauci (not from fridge networks).

Add to this the vaccine injuries, of which there are a heck of a lot more than whats being publicised, and you quickly see why people are resentful.

The other problem I see going forward is, trust in future vaccines for other new viruses, is going to get smashed.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.

Last edited by T3rminator; 10-01-2023 at 08:17 AM.
5 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2023, 09:28 AM   #19577
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
The other problem I see going forward is, trust in future vaccines for other new viruses, is going to get smashed.
A terrible precedence has been set.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Old 10-01-2023, 01:41 PM   #19578
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I reckon next time we get the vaccine sorted before all the deaths and hospitals are overwhelmed.

In future any medical offical who stands in front of a microphone and is not 110% correct with the information they are trying to disseminate, will go to jail for a long time!

The excuse that the nature of science is constantly questioning outcomes, will not be a defence.

Who's with me!
Old 10-01-2023, 01:56 PM   #19579
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
I reckon next time we get the vaccine sorted before all the deaths and hospitals are overwhelmed.

In future any medical offical who stands in front of a microphone and is not 110% correct with the information they are trying to disseminate, will go to jail for a long time!

The excuse that the nature of science is constantly questioning outcomes, will not be a defence.

Who's with me!
…Provided they publish fully in real time, “the data” and “modelling” to which they refer for decisions.
Old 10-01-2023, 04:27 PM   #19580
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

Who's with me!
You would hope there would be lessons learned with this pandemic, but I would dare say when and if a next one happens the same scenario will play out; never trust politicians.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2023, 05:00 PM   #19581
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
You would hope there would be lessons learned with this pandemic, but I would dare say when and if a next one happens the same scenario will play out; never trust politicians.
For me that's the worst thing learned from the pandemic ......it's that we didn't learn it was a chain reaction of countries making the same dumb mistakes over and over without learning from previous mistakes......quite sad really some of them basic mistakes that were obvious to working people.....guess that's what happens when Pollys are calling the shots

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 10-01-2023, 05:12 PM   #19582
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Hindsight is a good thing. I feel like we did ok in AUS and NZ in the end. I wouldn't have traded places with the people in National Cabinet for quids.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2023, 06:36 PM   #19583
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Hindsight is a good thing. I feel like we did ok in AUS and NZ in the end. I wouldn't have traded places with the people in National Cabinet for quids.
But we should have too we were basically the last area in the world to get it, with no borders to easily cross

524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 10-01-2023, 07:36 PM   #19584
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooDog View Post
But we should have too we were basically the last area in the world to get it, with no borders to easily cross
Undoubtedly that's what saved us.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-01-2023, 03:54 AM   #19585
mostly_broncos

Quote:

Who's with me!
why were hospitals overwhelmed though? I'm not saying they weren't but early on there was no treatment available .

The extremely ill were being put on ventilators which was basically killing the person half the time.

My point being , they didn't have a plan and were essentially panicking at the hospital. Not the medical staff but the admin , the legal staff the beancounters.

You have a different healthcare system , ours is basically a for profit cash machine where the goal is to milk as much cash from an insurance company as possible while doing as little as possible . When this thing hit the admin departments of the hospitals freaked out in about 6 different ways.

There was a test , they could tell you a week or so later you were infected , they had no treatment for mild cases and only bad treatments for severe cases. They have a thirst for money so didn't want to turn anyone away but when they absolutely had to act they killed the patient half the time.

It was a legal nightmare . the urge to bill the crap out of an insurance company balanced by the desire to avoid being sued for killing thousands of people.

At no point did anyone every say " Calm down people , we really don't have a treatment so unless you are very sick (like calling an ambulance sick) stay home and ride it out like you would a flu or a bad cold "

Hospital waiting rooms were packed with sick coughing people spreading the virus to each other . Who were then tested and sent home to wait 5 10 or 14 days to hear the results. If they didn't have covid when they went in they probably caught it from the poor stiff next to them.

The hospitals essentially behaved the same way as our garbage politicians and functionary 3rd class types, promise the moon and deliver nothing then CYA .

Next time just come out and say we don't actually know what to do , handle it yourselves as best you can. Which is what everyone figured out anyway.

In the US huge numbers of people were killed by politicians and hospital and nursing home higher ups who dumped deathly ill patients into facilities full of the people most vulnerable to getting the virus and then dying. That was all done because of money.

I don't think this happened in countries with free basic health care.

The fact is in the US if you are an 80 year old with corona who isn't dying the hospital decided to send you back to your nursing home because they want to bill someone 9000 dollars per night for a private room. If they can't get that money they kick you out. Right back into a nursing home full of vulnerable old people with no defense against the virus who died by the thousands.

Here in Mass , there was a veterans home for the elderly where the death toll was astronomical. Bureaucrats made those decisions and never paid any price.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-01-2023, 12:29 PM   #19586
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Australia / New Zealand
Please note that as of the 16th September the numbers are now reported weekly and all the charts have been changed to that period of time.

NSW Predictive Trend

VIC Predictive Trend

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st 2021 so that’s more than a full year of data now.

NSW had 7,444 more cases than Victoria last week;
Victoria recorded 4,441 less cases than the previous week;
NSW recorded 5,740 less;
Queensland had 1,310 less;WA recorded 1,057 less;
SA recorded 1,693 less; and
New Zealand recorded 1,080 less.

The week totalled 42,823 cases, a 26.5% decrease on last week.

.. trends over the last 3 months:

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 15-01-2023, 09:05 AM   #19587
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

China reports huge rise in COVID-related deaths after data criticism

Quote:
BEIJING, Jan 14 (Reuters) - China said on Saturday nearly 60,000 people with COVID-19 had died in hospital since it abandoned its zero-COVID policy last month, a huge increase from previously reported figures that follows global criticism of the country's coronavirus data.
https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...es-2023-01-14/
Old 15-01-2023, 10:42 AM   #19588
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT week ending January 13th 2023.

42,823 new cases for Australia and 408 deaths so the CMR is 0.157% (é).
NZ reported 21,660 cases and 53 deaths for a CMR of 0.169% (-).
The UK reported 33,262 cases and 1,129 death last week for a CMR of 0.834 (é).
A much lower 373,687 new cases in the USA this week and higher 3,670 deaths sees CMR at 1.087 (ê).

Other notable points:Global cases pass 670M;
Asia passes 210M cases;
North America passes 122M cases;

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period and South Korea drops below.

Global case numbers are down again to 3,108,219 this week compared to the 3,044,349 last week and the number of deaths increased from an unamended 11,062 last week to 13,951 this week although the amended deaths for last week are up to 14,221 and the amended case numbers to 3,315,913.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 15-01-2023 at 11:36 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 19-01-2023, 06:54 PM   #19589
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

China’s COVID deaths expected to hit 36,000 a day during holiday

Quote:
Beijing | China is likely to see 36,000 COVID-19 deaths a day during the Lunar New Year holidays, making it one of the deadliest periods of the pandemic, according to an updated analysis of the largest outbreak the world has yet experienced.

The revised figures from the independent forecasting firm Airfinity added 11,000 deaths a day to its December 29 estimate, a jump that shows the breathtaking pace of the outbreak and the lack of clear information about how it is spreading in the world’s most populous nation.
https://www.afr.com/world/asia/china...0230118-p5cdmd
Old 21-01-2023, 01:04 PM   #19590
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Australia / New Zealand
Please note that as of the 16th September the numbers are now reported weekly and all the charts have been changed to that period of time.

NSW Predictive Trend

VIC Predictive Trend

Here is the predictive trend graph for four States based on cases since Omicron was identified which, for our purposes, will be taken as December 1st 2021 so that’s more than a full year of data now.

NSW had 6,145 more cases than Victoria last week;
Victoria recorded 2,996 less cases than the previous week;
NSW recorded 4,991 less;
Queensland had 3,446 less;WA recorded 1,928 less;
SA recorded 1,208 less; and
New Zealand recorded 2,481 less.

The week totalled 27,547 cases, a 35.7% decrease on last week. One of the consequences of the lower testing rates now that the tests aren’t free is that the raw CMR is back on the rise again. For all of 2022 it was 0.146% but this YTD it is already 0.806% and it was 1.379% this last week.

.. trends over the last 3 months:

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Closed Thread