Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #451
Fi.ES.TA

Yeah will agree there the stock seats are comfy they just need a little more lentgh in the sides to hold you a bit more.I went and had a look at some bucket seats last week took one look at the price and walked straight back out with my jaw still inside the shop lol.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #452
Spinner77

Quote:
it may!?!?! get to the dealers after clearing quarantine, etc
If the salesman really did mention quarantine, he surely deserves a special Marketing Award of the Year (Stalling Division).

Wonder how would he explain it? "You see, sir, every vehicle has to be individually checked for the shocking German strain of the fuel injector virus, in case it infects other cars here."
Spinner77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #453
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykwong
My continued saga with binks ford(Footscray)
(SNIP)
Binks Ford in Footscray have the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced.
I had two recurring problems with a year left on the warranty - repeated emails to Binks went unanswered and several calls were brushed off: "uh, the lady who reads the emails is away on holiday"... "I'll order the part and ring you when it comes in"... "uh, the part hasn't come in yet"... yada yada yada.
Warranty expired eventually, and I called again to check on the status of the part, and: "we have no record of the part being ordered"... "you'd had the recurring problem for a while but you're only mentioning it now?"

I hung up the phone on those morons and just MacGyvered a fix for the problems, and they've worked perfectly ever since.

It's easy to see why people always say Ford service is crap.

End of rant, and sorry for hijacking the thread.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #454
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger77
If the salesman really did mention quarantine, he surely deserves a special Marketing Award of the Year (Stalling Division).

Wonder how would he explain it? "You see, sir, every vehicle has to be individually checked for the shocking German strain of the fuel injector virus, in case it infects other cars here."
Well, quarantine or not, good news - it has arrived at the dealers at last : So the German fuel injector virus must have been given the all clear.

They recon I can pick it up on Wednesday afer the tints have been done. Just need to arrange to get to pick it up.
Mike in OZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #455
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Hey everyone, I am going to order my new car today from the Ford Dealership in Belconnen (ACT) it will be most definitely a Zetec version. I will be finding out what color is available in stock, if it is black or other which suits me then will be purchasing it.

Can't wait.
JClarke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #456
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the club! Have they given you an indication of delivery time or will you take whatever they have in stock? If so, black looks the tits. A member here has a black 5-Door with the optional 17's and it's very nice.
Old 31-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #457
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Welcome to the club! Have they given you an indication of delivery time or will you take whatever they have in stock? If so, black looks the tits. A member here has a black 5-Door with the optional 17's and it's very nice.

Whatever's available in stock as long it has Zetec version and bad-*** alloy wheels and in manual with 5 door, then i'm good with it. As long it is in a dark color, i'm sweet.
Old 31-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #458
JClarke
Deaf Driver

By the way, was that member's black car was supposed to be for the wifey aka fiesty car, si?
Old 31-08-2009, 07:30 PM   #459
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CCDA I think, yeah Fiesty that's it! Look very nice!
Old 31-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #460
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Excellent news!

I just bought a Ford Fiesta Zetec 5 Door in Moondust Silver and I will be picking it up on WEDNESDAY!!!!
Old 31-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #461
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great new mate. You'll love the car. Enjoy
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #462
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We've been waiting since may for our Vision Zetec from an SA dealer. Having the same problems as most people on the forum. Broken promises, changed delivery times, staff not knowing their product, and not communicating.

Thank a few guys on here otherwise the wife woulda cancelled the order. Im more a Holden man and so far the Ford experience hasnt been good. Hope this spunky little car turns out better than Ford staff.
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #463
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Well, the day has arrived when I am meant to pick up the Zetec (4 hours to go). just e-mailed the dealer to make sure it is still OK!

It has only taken 6 months since being ordered (is that a record?)

I just hope I will get chance to drive it some times (as it is Wifies really) as what I have seen on this and other threads everyone seems to enjoy the experience.

I have not told Wifey that I am picking it up (just in case I get another delay!! - I have learn't not to trust any dates given for delivery over the last 6 months) so if all goes well it should be a nice surprise when she gets in tonight.

Have you got any more news GoesLikeAZetec?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #464
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Will be collecting my new Zetec today too!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #465
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Fantastic!!!! Just picked up the car. even though the first drive was quiet short and at a steady pace I was most impressed by the lively, responsive and agile performance. I will just have to try and keep it from the wife (no Chance).

Now got to decide where to go for a decent run at the weekend

I hope you enjoy yours to JClarke F.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #466
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in OZ
Fantastic!!!! Just picked up the car. even though the first drive was quiet short and at a steady pace I was most impressed by the lively, responsive and agile performance. I will just have to try and keep it from the wife (no Chance).

Now got to decide where to go for a decent run at the weekend

I hope you enjoy yours to JClarke F.
Your wifey will be in for a nice surprise!

Looking forward to my car, two more hours, hurry up!
Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #467
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Half an hour to go :evil3:
Old 02-09-2009, 08:04 PM   #468
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Have you got any more news GoesLikeAZetec?
Well no news from the dealer. Its like I dont exist once I signed up. But a friendly interstate ford employee gave me all the info about the car. So cheers for that!!!

Apparently its on the ship that's arriving in WA this weekend sometime and then making its way toward, melb etc.

My problem with the whole experience, wasnt the time delay, just the fact nobody would tell us anything or ring us back ( as per most people's problems ).

So see how we go. How's your experience going with your Zetec?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #469
JClarke
Deaf Driver

I picked up my car today, at 4:45pm and she's absolutely a beaut. Pictures will be up tomorrow, when it is daytime, better pictures, but I do have some at night though. Just that it wasn't taken by my professional camera as it is half broken, and wont work during the night. Overall Very impressed with the handling, excellent!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #470
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Here it is, ladies and gents.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #471
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Well no news from the dealer. Its like I dont exist once I signed up. But a friendly interstate ford employee gave me all the info about the car. So cheers for that!!!

Apparently its on the ship that's arriving in WA this weekend sometime and then making its way toward, melb etc.

My problem with the whole experience, wasnt the time delay, just the fact nobody would tell us anything or ring us back ( as per most people's problems ).

So see how we go. How's your experience going with your Zetec?
It's great so far but not done my Km's yet. Going to do a long drive at the weekend - can't decide where yet to get the best experience and some decent pictures
Old 03-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #472
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
It's great so far but not done my Km's yet. Going to do a long drive at the weekend - can't decide where yet to get the best experience and some decent pictures
Did your wife give a good reaction when she discovered about the car?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #473
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JClarke_Fiesta
Did your wife give a good reaction when she discovered about the car?
She was absoloutly amazed, she thought at first someone had beaten us to it and got an identical Fez before us and was a bit upset.

We went out to look at it closer - then I Pressed the key, the lights came on and I gave her the key - she could not believe it. I am now looking forward to having a few weeks in her good books (sorry make that a day or 2!).

Anyway she had a short drive and really liked it and is looking forward to the weekend when we will have a trip somewhere (any ideas?).

The car is already getting a lot of interest with people looking at it

How are the other 'new' owners getting on?
Old 03-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #474
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
She was absoloutly amazed, she thought at first someone had beaten us to it and got an identical Fez before us and was a bit upset.

We went out to look at it closer - then I Pressed the key, the lights came on and I gave her the key - she could not believe it. I am now looking forward to having a few weeks in her good books (sorry make that a day or 2!).

Anyway she had a short drive and really liked it and is looking forward to the weekend when we will have a trip somewhere (any ideas?).

The car is already getting a lot of interest with people looking at it

How are the other 'new' owners getting on?
Haha, same here, when I drove to work, I picked up my friend on the way to work, he liked my car.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:38 AM   #475
Ms_Jam

The Port of Melbourne's website is now reporting that the car-carrier Tomar, which has my 3-door manual Zetec on it and I imagine the orders of some other people here, is docking today at 5.30 pm, leaving for Port Kembla at 11 pm tomorrow.
Ms_Jam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #476
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Hi guys, just a quick question.

My Zetec has not got a 'zetec' boot badge - is this now the case or has it been 'missed' off?

It has air con, big tail spoiler, voice recognition, footwell lights.

how do you tell if the knee air bags are fitted?

Anything else I can check to ensure it is a zetec? used:
Old 07-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #477
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look at the panel below the steering wheel. If it says "Airbag" then your good. Also the seats will have tags saying "Airbag" on the side facing the body of the car.If your trim has a dott profile (that is, it has lots of dotts in a pattern in either grey or soho) then I'd be sure it's a Zetec. If it has 16 inch alloy wheels also. Does it have a body kit?

My guess is they just left the badge off.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #478
Mike in OZ
Starter Motor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTyphoon
Look at the panel below the steering wheel. If it says "Airbag" then your good. Also the seats will have tags saying "Airbag" on the side facing the body of the car.If your trim has a dott profile (that is, it has lots of dotts in a pattern in either grey or soho) then I'd be sure it's a Zetec. If it has 16 inch alloy wheels also. Does it have a body kit?

My guess is they just left the badge off.
Thanks RT, It has got alloys, dotts and body kit (including side skirts as it's a 3 door - they do look good). I will check Airbag on the panel below steering wheel tonight when wife returns with it.

I was allowed to drive over the weekend (for some of the time) when we went to canberra - it goes really well and now done over 700k's since Wednesday.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #479
Zetec-4-Me
Finally have my Zetec!

Hi guys _2:

I've been reading everyone's posts here for the past few days as I wanted honest info about the Zetec. I had almost decided on buying a Mazda 2 BUT then, last week, I had a Fiesta drive past me and I knew the Mazda was out lol

I put my deposit down today - YAY, can't wait - and in 8 weeks I will get my 5 Door Zetec in Vision!!!!

Jo
Zetec-4-Me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #480
Fi.ES.TA

Wise choice jo Mazda 2's are far to common lol.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post