Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 01-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #1
TelTx5Ghia2.5V6
Starter Motor

Exclamation 93' Telstar TX5 Ghia Ignition Fault

Have any other 93' - 95' 2.5lt V6 Telstar owners out there had a problem with their cars stalling while driving or cutting out for no apparent reason, or had their car simply refuse to start? Then been told that it's the Distributor coil or ignition control module (Crank Sensor / Stator), then been given the happy news that FORD! doesn't sell these parts to fix the problem, but they will sell you a complete new Distributor for the mere price of $1,157.00! Cheap hey! If you have or have had this problem contact me as I can help you find either a complete Distributor for half the price FORD wants, or I can tell you where to buy the parts for a fraction of the price that some suppliers want in Austrailia (to give you an example; the Ignition Module here is over $400 retail, it costs $24 to buy from the OEM in Tiawan) Explain that one MR FORD! For more info e-mail at liamray@optusnet.com.au. :lookedat:

TelTx5Ghia2.5V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
zoomzoom

Hi There
this is a common problem with the V6 telstar/626 engine there are after market dizzy availbale from any good fuel injection shop the place i get them from is Australian Fuel injection at Bexley in sysndey
zoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
pitty
Starter Motor

My missus has got that same f*$cking problem with her `93 V6 Telstar, got it fixed and kept stalling a week later, dont know what to do next?
pitty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 09:18 PM   #4
Nugget_TX5
Starter Motor

fantastic another prob to look out for
Old 08-10-2007, 09:19 PM   #5
andhad
SX GHIA AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelTx5Ghia2.5V6
Have any other 93' - 95' 2.5lt V6 Telstar owners out there had a problem with their cars stalling while driving or cutting out for no apparent reason, or had their car simply refuse to start? Then been told that it's the Distributor coil or ignition control module (Crank Sensor / Stator), then been given the happy news that FORD! doesn't sell these parts to fix the problem, but they will sell you a complete new Distributor for the mere price of $1,157.00! Cheap hey! If you have or have had this problem contact me as I can help you find either a complete Distributor for half the price FORD wants, or I can tell you where to buy the parts for a fraction of the price that some suppliers want in Austrailia (to give you an example; the Ignition Module here is over $400 retail, it costs $24 to buy from the OEM in Tiawan) Explain that one MR FORD! For more info e-mail at liamray@optusnet.com.au. :lookedat:
I am keen to find out about these parts. Any more info?

Andrew
andhad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
fairBA
Banned

Has anyone actually had this diagnosed? read this -http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11194879

I had this same problem with both cars and it sounds like want you's are doing.
on the Mazda MX6 (same car) it was part of the ECU circuit board. was told one (of many) sensors was faulty and reading too high, telling the ecu “stop or I’ll will blow up”, even when the car has been parked overnight. all that was changed was a $30 sensor.
on the ford i gave it back to the same guy and told him to do the same thing again. no problems after that.
Start with an Auto electrician.
fairBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2008, 12:23 AM   #7
willjon
Starter Motor

we have had a similar problem with a mazda v6 same motor new distributor after market solved problem for 8 months stops when hot then later comes good checking codes with led light as per ford book says this one is crank angle sensor no 1 in dist we have now replaced with genuine sensor from mazda 180 dollars not cheap but as the aftermarket sensors have a bad name in the trade i guess you get what you pay for from willjon
willjon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post