Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 20-02-2008, 01:29 AM   #1
telle-tx5
Starter Motor

Exclamation Telstar AR Digital Dash problems

Hey. I am having troubles with the digital dash in my AR Telstar. The car I got for free and is really good and everything works except for the digital dash.

When the vehicle is switched on the dash flickers at 0 km/h and there is no FUEL or TEMP showing up on the cluster and even if the car is moving it still flickers at 0 km/h and the tacho partially works and flickers. It worked when the car was really hot inside but thats the only time it has worked. I have no idea if its the dash or something stupid and easy. The fuses are all fine. HELP ME pls txt me on 0448020036 or just reply to this. Cheers.

telle-tx5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
dirty hands
Over Thinker

the problem with digital dashes is usually the senders

tacho may come from the dissy that may be a corroded contact or a loose wire

you could remove the dash and check the back of the dash all the connections are in properly

and check each sender for loose or broken wires

the one in the fuel tank may require replacement
and the temp sender on the inlet manifold

good that the speedo and oil pressure is working

these senders are usually non repairable

being an AR ford may have the parts if not the only other place are ford wreckers next an auto electrician means expenseive