Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #3661
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyman03 View Post
Hey,

Best I can do but not much new at this point

Spyman
that new spear looks worse than the current fg one
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #3662
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpsi View Post
that new spear looks worse than the current fg one
Hey,
If you look back at the first pic of it I posted I was shattered myself

I still state that tezza's dash should have been used with the sweeping silver trim

Spyman
spyman03 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #3663
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV View Post
Adaptive Cruise as well hopefully.
I'm not usually in favour of banning things (or the Nanny State), but I think Cruse Control should be banned - diminishes awareness et.al.
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 10:42 AM   #3664
LooLoo18

Quote:
Hey,

Best I can do but not much new at this point

Spyman
Please No No No
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #3665
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Quote:
Hey,

Proving ground this week outside

Spyman
Just spotted this 'Everest' at Maroondah Hwy/Springvale Rd intersection in Nunawading ! Sitting amongst other SUVs doing the morning kids sport commute... Would have stood out less if it wasn't disguised !
Old 31-05-2014, 10:47 AM   #3666
stevefreestyle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey
it was this car and it was testing with said black fusion

Spyman
That's a US market Taurus SHO. Any possibility of a 272 Kw (365 Hp) Ecoboost V6 as a Falcon Replacement ? Although at $40K US, it is more expensive than the Mustang GT Premium.

http://www.ford.com/cars/taurus/trim/sho/
stevefreestyle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #3667
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
That's a US market Taurus SHO. Any possibility of a 272 Kw (365 Hp) Ecoboost V6 as a Falcon Replacement ? Although at $40K US, it is more expensive than the Mustang GT Premium.

No RHD, no deal.

That particular Toreass has been in FoA's inventory for a few years. Unless they have replaced it with another of the same colour.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #3668
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the Torarse *** end looks so bad
fgpsi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #3669
Focused

Quote:

Nope. The media have been speculating that the Taurus was going to replace the Falcon for years and there's been current model SHOs spotted in Melbourne which have added fuel to the fire.
But it's not designed with RHD in mind and no one wants large sedans anyway so why replace an unpopular large sedan with another large sedan? Neither would sell.
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #3670
fordwood

Well that explains what this is then... spotted at the intersection of Ferntree Gully Road and Blackburn road a couple of weeks ago
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2527.JPG (50.4 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by fordwood; 31-05-2014 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Pic didnt attach
fordwood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #3671
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Dash looks unfinished mule style, doubt if it's fully representative of the finished product.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #3672
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
I'm not usually in favour of banning things (or the Nanny State), but I think Cruse Control should be banned - diminishes awareness et.al.

Of topic but are you dead set? Cruise is brilliant. More time with eyes on the road not looking at the speedo every 30 seconds and if you want you can have your foot hovering over the brake pedal in case of an incident ahead. But if awareness is taking your eyes away from the road and your surroundings to look at a dial than so be it.
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #3673
FocusLX06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Of topic but are you dead set? Cruise is brilliant. More time with eyes on the road not looking at the speedo every 30 seconds and if you want you can have your foot hovering over the brake pedal in case of an incident ahead. But if awareness is taking your eyes away from the road and your surroundings to look at a dial than so be it.
Totally agree, if more people used cruise control we'd have far less congestion on our roads.
Old 31-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #3674
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Here here.

There's always an element of the community that will be able to criticize anything... be it useful features like cruise control or safety advances like seat belts, ABS and ESP.

Having said that, it's nice to see the negativity in this thread directed towards something other than the Falcon.
Old 31-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #3675
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agree with stevefreestyle, cruise is bad. Maybe some enthusiasts hover foot over brake and use cruise for more conscious scanning if environment, but most average drivers use it in a lazy manner, with right foot relaxing off to the right side wall next to accelerator pedal.
3 things
1. Reaction time to incident to get foot across from right wall across and over the face of accelerator to brake pedal (lets not even discuss those who panic in an incident and jam down on the wrong pedal by accident). This is even worse in heavy city traffic where speed needs constant adjusting with accelerator and brake due to traffic
2. Accelerator Pedal feedback is now gone, hills bends etc we are now only relying on sight alone and not the combination of pedal feel and sight. Whoops did we just go into a tight bend at110 without easing off the accelerator because cruise actually increased throttle opening to maintain speed.
3. Dumbing down driving- once again an enthusiast might take advantage of cruise for better situational awareness, but for most cruise just switches their mind further off from conscious driving, making it even easier and less engaging, until they run into someone or something.

It is my belief cruise is responsible for a lot of single vehicle accidents in the country, sure microsleep & drowsing is the main cause, but what causes microsleep? Being less present and engaged whilst driving. The car doing half the driving job for you!
Old 31-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #3676
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by responsef6 View Post
It is my belief cruise is responsible for a lot of single vehicle accidents in the country, sure microsleep & drowsing is the main cause, but what causes microsleep? Being less present and engaged whilst driving. The car doing half the driving job for you!
You sound like one of the people on my daily trip to Ballarat who's speed is constantly changing between 85km/h and 110km/h. That is, the sort of person who makes me hope the next Falcon has adaptive cruise so the car can deal with these sporadic speed changes for me.
Old 31-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #3677
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the gross assumptions and personal attack mate. Good stuff!

Have adaptive cruise on my 2013 jeep grand Cherokee so can compare from real experience. Adaptive is fine in light to medium traffic, but jeep/chrysler/Mercedes adaptive cruise disengages under 30km under heavy braking with warnings chimes flashing lights etc and by then if there is heavy braking required and you're not already on the pedal as with normal driving, you're stuffed. After testing it for a month, I choose not to use it and to actually use normal driving skills and remain an active driver and keep constant speed.

No variations to the speed limit as youve accused, it's called throttle modulation, you should try it. Works better than cruise if you actually drive your car

When we are all passengers in the google car that does everything from start to finish with 100% safety, then it's different , but for now while people are doing half the job, it's more of a problem for the general population who'd rather be on facebook for their whole journey than actually drive.

And I'd expect most on this forum actually want to drive their cars
Old 31-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #3678
Focused

Quote:
Microsleeps are caused by being tired. Being less present or engaged might make you bored, but it won't make you fall asleep. You might argue that the radio is distracting and makes drivers less present and engaged with their driving, but I'd argue it keeps them awake.

Quote:
And I'd expect most on this forum actually want to drive their cars
On interesting roads then yes, but when you're driving 2.5hrs on open roads to and from work, then no, I just want to get to my destination.

I must admit I struggle to understand how driving along a perfectly flat and straight highway is any less safe by using a button or a foot pedal. The time taken to move the foot to the brake pedal would be minimal and if someone's panicking then they could just as easily press the accelerator pedal with or without cruise control.

Quote:
Have adaptive cruise on my 2013 jeep grand Cherokee so can compare from real experience. Adaptive is fine in light to medium traffic, but jeep/chrysler/Mercedes adaptive cruise disengages under 30km under heavy braking with warnings chimes flashing lights etc and by then if there is heavy braking required and you're not already on the pedal as with normal driving, you're stuffed. After testing it for a month, I choose not to use it and to actually use normal driving skills and remain an active driver and keep constant speed.
The adaptive cruise control is designed for highway driving with speeds changing between 95 and 100ish, not the city driving where cars are moving at 30km/s. And if you're doing under 30kms/h on highway, something is wrong and you shouldn't be using cruise control anyway.
Old 31-05-2014, 05:21 PM   #3679
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks for the gross assumptions and personal attack mate. Good stuff!
No personal attack, just my observations from being behind people with late model cars which I know have cruise control. It's all good and well that you are able to modulate your throttle well, and if I was driving behind you, I would appreciate that. The fact is that many people who don't have or refuse to use cruise control cannot maintain a constant speed.

Which is why I would like the feature in the new Falcon.
Old 31-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #3680
BHDOGS
Banned

So people are **** drivers and cant maintain speeds so you want a machine to do it for them so they never learn and remain **** drivers for life good point you have there.
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #3681
Focused

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
So people are **** drivers and cant maintain speeds so you want a machine to do it for them so they never learn and remain **** drivers for life good point you have there.

Well yes actually. Not everyone wants to be a race car driver so if they're assisted in not causing inconvenience for other road users then that's a good thing.
Old 31-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #3682
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey,

I better get this dash pic cropped quickly ..........

Spyman
Old 31-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #3683
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I am sure the new Falcon will have that new fandangled Cruisy Control thingy ......... so now we can get back to the subject of the new Falcon

As far as the spears go, would put a bet on the fact that the spears will be the last thing that goes in. I sat in the new Ranger at Ford ZA South Africa a few years ago and mentioned that the dash looked very cheap and crappy. Was promptly laughed at

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2014, 06:11 PM   #3684
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
I actually said I want a machine to do it for me, not for them. In addition to that, these drivers are all different ages, which goes to show that if you are unwilling to learn then you wont.

These people *do not care* about modulating speed, they look at the speedo, see they are doing 10 under so speed up, look at their speedo, see they are doing 10 over so hit the brakes. Not fun to drive behind.
Old 31-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #3685
spyman03
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
I sat in the new Ranger at Ford ZA South Africa a few years ago and mentioned that the dash looked very cheap and crappy. Was promptly laughed at
Hey,

And I sat in the new Everest and said the interior was.....well "ranger " for a completely ground up SUV

Spyman
Old 31-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #3686
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Ask the poor buggers in draconian states with low km speed tolerance what they think of cruise. If any tool can save us from spending every moment of our lives wondering about 2kmh it's a good thing. Back on topic before this thread gets as diluted as the other please.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #3687
LooLoo18

Quote:
Hey,

I better get this dash pic cropped quickly ..........

Spyman
Cropped yet?
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2014, 02:16 PM   #3688
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here is an rough, updated photo of what I think the butt end of the FH will look like based on spy photos:

Old 01-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #3689
Focused

Quote:
Hey,

And I sat in the new Everest and said the interior was.....well "ranger " for a completely ground up SUV

Spyman
That was possibly just a mule, though. At the Going Further event in Sydney that a few of us were invited to they had an image of the Everest's interior. I was surprised that none of the media picked up on it and I've lost the photo I took. For the others that were there, it was one of several photos presented on a table with heaps of Everest sketches and that clay model.
From what I can remember, it had the Ranger's door-pulls but the rest of the dash was different. The current Ranger interior is OK but they'd want/need a new interior for a 2015 model.

Sorry, back to the Falcon.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #3690
spvd02

The new Falcon should have the speed limiter feature, as in the Focus. Very handy in city traffic, allowing you to do any speed up to the limit you set. Absolutely brilliant feature!
* Mods: Fox cat-back exhaust, Simota CAI, larger intercooler, Spider iMode chip-tuning plug in.

Engine responds very well to mods, but auto gearbox can become unsettled trying to cope with the extra torque. Good fuel economy overall: 9-12L/100km city, 8L/100 country.
spvd02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post